TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@dave1948 download a copy of my guide to "Taking a Motorhome to Morocco" in the resources, probably got all the info you need. It's still current but if you've any other questions just ask on here.

Also checkout the other "annual" Morocco threads e.g. "Morocco 2015".

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Thanks Jeff, do we do the babies tester ourselves and we have to get a vet before coming back over to Spain the dogs have all their shots and their passport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks Jeff, do we do the babies tester ourselves and we have to get a vet before coming back over to Spain the dogs have all their shots and their passport.

No - it must be done at a EU certified lab preferably before you go.

Here's a Google translation from http://www.mapama.gob.es/es/ganader...les-compania/Viajar-perros-gatos-hurones.aspx

If you are traveling to a country not listed in Annex II (country at risk of rabies), you must meet the requirements of section 1, and in addition:

• You must make your pet a serological test against rabies in an authorized laboratory, before traveling.
• The result of this test will be reflected by your veterinarian in the passport, and must be equal to or greater than 0.5 IU / ml.

updated list of authorized laboratories ).

The entry of the animal will only be authorized after 3 months from the date of extraction of the blood sample.

Therefore, the minimum age of an animal that comes from a country with risk of rabies will be 7 months:

• The minimum age to vaccinate animals will be 12 weeks.
• The blood sample for the antibody test will be taken as soon as 30 days after the inoculation.
• It should be 3 months since the blood sample was taken until the animal can enter the EU.

If the animal moves from a country of the European Union, to a third country and then return, this period of three months will not apply, if the assessment is made with favorable result before the animal leaves the territory of the European Union. This information will be collected in the animal's passport.

If the vaccination protocol is maintained, the serological test will be valid throughout the animal's life.

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
the dog go in for new passport today and their vaccination. this will cover them of the trip 3 months.

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I've also heard that you can't take drones into Morocco. I use mine for a photography. I will be visiting other countries which I have permission to flying. will I have to leave the drone in storage in Spain until I leave Morocco can anyone help.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Got stopped at customs Tanger Med February this year and was asked if I had a drone.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
the dog go in for new passport today and their vaccination. this will cover them of the trip 3 months.

Dave - vaccination alone is not enough.
The rabies titres serological test is done to ensure that the vaccinations have done their work.
They are two different things.

I think the 3 months referenced is only if you are coming from, say, Morocco, and have the test done while there. The way I read it, if you do the test prior to leaving the EU, go to Morocco & then return, you don't need the 3 month waiting period - in this scenario (the scenario for most members of this forum) the result must be dated prior to leaving the EU. For reference, my test results came back 16 days after the sample was drawn. I did it in Amsterdam. However when I was planning it, vets in Canada & Spain said it could take a month or more for the results to come back. I tried to get it in Algeciras 5 years ago (Carlos actually drove me to the vet himself), but the timeframe for the result to come back prevented us from going to Morocco at that time. Some people take a chance & go without it, but for the past several years the Spanish have increased enforcement - for us it isn't worth the risk.

Make sure to ask the vet about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
I've also heard that you can't take drones into Morocco. I use mine for a photography. I will be visiting other countries which I have permission to flying. will I have to leave the drone in storage in Spain until I leave Morocco can anyone help.

Perhaps contact the Moroccan Embassy for clarification, I do know last time we were there one couple in Tafroute had flown a model helicopter and the police did track him down confiscate it and he was fined and asked very politely to leave Morocco. Personally I would not take one into Morocco, sorry cant help re storage in Spain. There maybe circumstances I dont know about.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990

Moroccan Customs has a page where you you can ask a question & select the office best to answer it. They were very fast, helpful & clear when I asked how to bring in the Hymer, which is registered in a Dutch friend's name.

http://www.douane.gov.ma/web/16/74

Use the link in Google Chrome /translate to navigate.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Thought I'd answer my own questions from my post several pages back in this thread, so the answers are here in case anyone has similar questions in the future.
I plan to be crossing About December 6.

1) We are Canadian. We have a 2001 Hymer B654 with NL plates and a Dutch friend of mine as the registered owner. I always carry a "Vehicle Usage Agreement " signed by him. Is that sufficient for Moroccan authorities to bring the Hymer in?

I contacted Carlos, a couple of embassies & Customs at Tanger Med, as well as my cousin who is married to a Moroccan Canadian - apparently they often pick up a vehicle in Spain & drive across.

Tanger Med Customs replied:

1- It should be made clear that the temporary admission of third-party vehicles is subject to the presentation of a power of attorney (worded in Arabic or French ) duly legalized by the local authorities of place of residence abroad of the owner of the vehicle or by the Moroccan consulate of the jurisdiction of your place of residence abroad. Authentication by a notary is not enough.

My note: I contacted the consulate in Amsterdam- the procedure in NL is to have a professional French translation of the power of attorney notarized, then take it to a Dutch Court office to have it legalized by Apostille stamp. (over 100 countries are signatories to the Apostille convention for international document legalization - I think the process would be similar in all Western countries ).

2- the importation of rental vehicles is subject to the production of the original of the registration card in addition to the lease contract (written in Arabic or French) explicitly authorizing entry into Morocco with the rented vehicle. The said contract must be sealed by the rental company without being notarized or legalized.

My note: since mine isn't a commercial rental, I had a Vehicle Usage Agreement translated & signed.

2) I will drive over solo and pick up my wife at Casablanca airport. My wife will re-enter the EU with me, flying back from Lisbon. I plan to get my ferry tickets from Carlos. So can my name only be written in going over & both of us coming back?

Carlos' office says no problem - they will give me a return ticket for two, even though one way there is only one traveller.

dave1948

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Swansea
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
thanks Busman not worth the risk. Think I'll leave it at home, miss out the photography when we go to Italy and Sicily. Do have a pilot's license and licensed to fly a drone may contact the embassy to see how the landlines .

mr moo

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
VW van conversion
Exp
on & off for some time!
green card / insurance sorted FOC through our insurers NFU, so that's another 'tick' off the to do list.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If you have a drone they will confiscate on entry to morocco.
I think you then have 3 months to collect on exit. This is first hand info on someone who did it this year.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Re dogs into morocco.
Read defra site and phone them if not sure. Uk vets don't always know the correct information because it's nit something they encounter very often.

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Could anyone else thinking about going over on 7th please let us know asap. I have to confirm as many details as possible to Carlos by 31st Dec. But as Christmas gets busy for everyone and we are leaving on boxing day I would prefer to do it sooner than later. Should anyone decide after the 31st Dec it will still be great to join us it is purely down to office workload they want to get as much of a head start as possible. Thank you.
Merry Christmas to you all.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Fiat repair? I'm in Moussay Bousselham now in a 2001 Hymer B654 with a Fiat 128 JTD turbo diesel. My thermostat hasn't gone over 35% or so on the drive down from Amsterdam - I think I need a new one - anyone know of a good repair shop down here ? I'm heading south to Casablanca airport to pick up my wife on Monday.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Titer test

Most of the countries requiring the test require that the pet be vaccinated for rabies at least 30 days prior to the blood sample being drawn even if the pet has been vaccinated before.

Most laboratories submit the results within four weeks or less after receipt.

For the EU, the blood titer test need only be done one time over the life of your pet provided that: the rabies vaccinations are kept current. There are countries like Australia where blood titer tests are only good for a specific period of time.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Titer test

Most of the countries requiring the test require that the pet be vaccinated for rabies at least 30 days prior to the blood sample being drawn even if the pet has been vaccinated before.

"At least", not "at most".
Our dog's last vaccination (3 year type) was October 2015. Titres test was done July 2017.
His last vaccination was 20 months prior to the test, so "at least" 30 days.
The way I read it, the 30 days is for a first vaccination, primarily referencing puppies.

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Fiat repair? I'm in Moussay Bousselham now in a 2001 Hymer B654 with a Fiat 128 JTD turbo diesel. My thermostat hasn't gone over 35% or so on the drive down from Amsterdam - I think I need a new one - anyone know of a good repair shop down here ? I'm heading south to Casablanca airport to pick up my wife on Monday.

Sorry not ignoring your post but can offer no assistance. When we had problems everyone recommended Mustafa in Agadir. Sadly he has passed away, last I heard his son was still trying to run the business. Hope someone can help you.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Don't know for certain but as main dealers are only in the larger cities there may be one in Casablanca.

That said change of thermostat isn't a big job and the Moroccans are very good at almost impossible challenges. My best advice is to ask the guardians at any place you may wish to stay at for a couple of days in case they have to order parts, although it's probably a generic part. In all honesty I personally wouldn't be too worried about it - more concerned if it showed signs of overheating.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
@JeffersonCampervan
Can you find an authorised fiat garage through fiat website?

so far no luck there - judging by responses to similar questions on Fiat forums and other motorhome sites, there really is no Ducato/truck presence here. I found a post by Desert Detourers where he said he carries a stash of parts for this reason. The fiat.ma site doesn't show me anything, although the links are there. The "professional" link goes to a .fr domain.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
There is definitely a Fiat authorised dealer in Agadir on the bypass i have driven past it several times.
I think @SUGGY went there to sort out an engine problem which need parts and a couple I met a couple of years ago needed a replacement cab quarterlight. It had been smashed when an oncoming vehicle hit their mirror which in turn smashed the window.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
They are definitely there.
There's a Moroccan flag on their website fir info.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Due to family commitments we will late crossing to Morocco this time and wonder if any Funsters will be going at this time who we could join up with to get the best deal from Carlos.:xsurprised::xThumb::xThumb:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Due to family commitments we will late crossing to Morocco this time and wonder if any Funsters will be going at this time who we could join up with to get the best deal from Carlos.:xsurprised::xThumb::xThumb:
We are toying with the idea of going, but if we do we quite like the idea of going over with an old hand to “show us the ropes” (never having been before). At the moment we have no idea when we might be in a position to go - when did you have in mind?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back