Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
only since 2015 october:) we are fresh chickens!
Goodnite SUGGY :) I didnt mean to upset anyone. Its a problem that needs to be solved. Maybe people dont know how bad it is for our Earth and for its people. They think of it as a fertilizer. But its not.
Our task is to help them understand why is it bad. Even if its like this for 10years it doesnt mean its right. Maybe it wont be like this 2-3years later if we all spread the word. Every change has to start somehow.
Be the change!
Thank you :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If the marocs even provided simple containers to dispose of black waste, we would use them. But as I have previously said, they choose to take your money, but not spend it on hygienic disposal.
This applies to their own rubbish.
Have you not seen the mounds of rubbish laying about, all over, produced by the locals?
Also, where does the lady who you pay, empty the cassette???
They need to start looking after their own lands, but they don't seem that bothered.
They want the tourist funds, they need them, but don't seem to want to improve any facilities.
Change needs to come from the top but it isn't. The king is a well educated man, but is expending his energies on other matters. It is a shame they don't encourage more motor homes, as money goes directly into their pocket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
Take your money -10dirham. Thats enough to empty rubbish and have the place guarded 0-24.

As previously said you bring your cassette to the ladys home and empty in her proper toilette.

Moroccans have a lot to learn regarding rubbish, but we have no right to pour waste and proofing this with the easy statement they already have problems with rubbish. Its a very faulty way of thinking. This way nothing will change. Not the rubbish not the waste. We have to teach them.

A young moroccan boy asked why I stepped on the 1l coke plastic bottle. I explained why. He said thank you, it makes sense, I will tell my brothers and sisters.

They dont learn it at school. But we can help them.

Tincanfamily

Free Member
Jan 31, 2017
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Hymer 660
Exp
FT since 04/16
I'm with Anna-Gábor on this one. We were in Tafraout a few weeks ago and we're disgusted by people emptying their cassettes in the trees. Our kids were playing only a few yards from where one guy decided to dump his waste.There are plenty of alternatives- several campsites just down the road where you can use services or locals who will empty for you. It's just laziness to empty cassettes near to where you park. I can't think of anywhere else it would happen - there are plenty of Spanish and French overnight parking areas without cassette emptying and nobody would dream of dumping their toilet under a nearby tree - so why is it ok in tafraout? Answer - it's NOT!

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Has anyone been to Chefchaouen (with or without their MH)? Is it worth visiting? We're looking at crossing to Morocco from Spain around Easter and wanted to find somewhere to visit for a couple of days within a couple of hours drive / ride from Tangiers.

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We spent a couple of nights there. Very nice town and Madina. Go on market day, it is amazing.
Keith :cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I'm with Anna-Gábor on this one. We were in Tafraout a few weeks ago and we're disgusted by people emptying their cassettes in the trees. Our kids were playing only a few yards from where one guy decided to dump his waste.There are plenty of alternatives- several campsites just down the road where you can use services or locals who will empty for you. It's just laziness to empty cassettes near to where you park. I can't think of anywhere else it would happen - there are plenty of Spanish and French overnight parking areas without cassette emptying and nobody would dream of dumping their toilet under a nearby tree - so why is it ok in tafraout? Answer - it's NOT!
but it does happen in spain ,portugal etc . this year and the last few the germans and dutch are the most dirtiest m,homers we have seen . they used to be ok but the new ones coming along are terrible. there does seem to be a totally new breed of m,homers these days.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Has anyone been to Chefchaouen (with or without their MH)? Is it worth visiting? We're looking at crossing to Morocco from Spain around Easter and wanted to find somewhere to visit for a couple of days within a couple of hours drive / ride from Tangiers.
Fabulous place, one of our favourite places in Morocco. very photogenic.

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
@Mattyjwr Fez is also worth a visit, but its a bit further though.
We really liked Assilah, here you can see some photos of it.

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
@hahha horshamjack, even better, I wrote it :D

I simply put these 3 words into google.
Tafraoute cassette empty

https://www.google.hu/#newwindow=1&q=tafraoute+cassette+empty&*

If you use your common sense you would make similar observations. Facts are facts.
Enviroment might not matters for you, but for many people it does. I dont know you, infact I dont know almost anyone here. I just put the subject on the table.
For me as a teacher it really does. I teach different values.
I know its so easy to close your eyes (and nose) and say I dont care.
You might not suffer from the consequences but others will do.

And you know people attack on a certain matter if they feel quilty about it.
Its psichology. Works pro and contra too. I do feel quilty for what others do. And if you didnt, you wouldnt bother to write.

Have a nice day everyone :) Im off for a hike :)

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011

Tafraoute cassette empty

Your telling me you searched for it on Google ? :D Whatever gave you the notion to type those three words o_O
I think your telling porkies ;) and you read the article first
Just putting it on the table :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Enjoy your hike (y)

P.s Psychology (y)

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
It's shame some of you did not see tagazoute site before it got closed down crap went down a hole somewhere
God know how many vans where on there during January February
That's a lot of poo going somewhere
well it will all help the new golf course grass grow a nice shade of blue

As for putting waste down toilets in the villages where do you think that goes I never saw a sewage works crap can only flow down hill
It's a third world country with no rural sanitation
Our cassette was nearly always disposed of in a local toilet or dedicated waste pit
Except twice when we where in middle of nowhere then I dug a hole and buried it well away from anyone

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there actually are lots of sewage works in many of the villages . septic ones . but many just have holding tanks that sewage trucks come and empty and take to other larger plants . many uk sewage works in uk work on the two tank septic workings .
the deep hole at tagga was or used to be sucked up if getting full by local trucks .
could have 3-4000 vans at tagga in february etc .
mind it was much nicer in the 70,s when there might only have been 20 of us there .
how times change .

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Tafraoute cassette empty

https://www.google.hu/#newwindow=1&q=tafraoute+cassette+empty&*

If you use your common sense you would make similar observations. Facts are facts.
Enviroment might not matters for you, but for many people it does. I dont know you, infact I dont know almost anyone here. I just put the subject on the table.
For me as a teacher it really does. I teach different values.
I know its so easy to close your eyes (and nose) and say I dont care.
You might not suffer from the consequences but others will do.

And you know people attack on a certain matter if they feel quilty about it.
Its psichology. Works pro and contra too. I do feel quilty for what others do. And if you didnt, you wouldnt bother to write.

Have a nice day everyone :) Im off for a hike :)

It is a pity that as a teacher you didn't do your homework on Morocco before you came over and relied upon all of us to help you with your queries then slag everyone off ..

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Well! Talk about a load of crap! June and me have just had a meal at the restraunt at le Relais Marakesh and that just describes it perfect, the meal?was enhanced by a French couple chain smoking at the next table.
I think the tafraoute situation is getting out of hand! I will just say it could be dealt with better if a hole was dug to be filled in at the end of season but advise Anna that whilst she is entitled to her own opinions they cannot be used to insult others. Just let it go

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
@Mattyjwr Fez is also worth a visit, but its a bit further though.
We really liked Assilah, here you can see some photos of it.

What town do you prefer .... Assilah or Chefchaouen ?

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
@horshamjack, the real message of this all seems to have failed getting to you if what matters to you is who wrote what and when. I know my truth. Thank you for calling me a liar. (I did not know the expression porky so I goodled it. I use google a lot.)

I did not insult anyone- I wrote in general. Honestly I never thought any of you are doing it as noone said yes I do it and its okay for me. Everybody was blaming the city and that its third world, and that they dont even have sewage (they do, I asked moroccans while hiking) and were furious about the town taking our money (1euro!!!) and doing nothing instead. It was all about blaming.

My man told me not to go in to this subject after reading the first few comments. I convinced him these people will understand what we are talking about.
I was wrong. But I am happy for Pikeman, Tincanfamily, the people in the palmerie who agree that creating shit ponds near inhabited are is not civilized in any way.

dear SUGGY I asked if I remember well 5 questions here. 6 including the waste. I thought this forum is about sharing infos having discussions.
I did my Morocco research, infact we have been planning this trip for 2 year so I had time to read many books. I know about the festival I know about many things to see and do but books are a one way communication. They are not real people and dont tell which road is best or where do I find the date of how long we could stay in Morocco.
I asked my questions politely and said thank you for the answer. I tried to answer others questions. And I pulled out a sensitive question which Im passionate about.
If its a shame in your opinion and I slagged you all I will not ask any questions here. I didnt even know you were doing it. How would I know.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
ceuta is far better than both of them. its a real experiance .
then take the coast road to tangiers . fantastic journey.
at times you feel you could just lean across and touch gibralter.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We spent a couple of nights there. Very nice town and Madina. Go on market day, it is amazing.
Keith :cool:

What day were you there? I've found a few reports suggesting that the market takes place on Monday, Thursday and Saturday but most blogs seem to just refer to Thursday's local market.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
ceuta is far better than both of them. its a real experiance .
then take the coast road to tangiers . fantastic journey.
at times you feel you could just lean across and touch gibralter.

What is Ceuta better than? I've not heard many good things about the enclave.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
It is a pity that as a teacher you didn't do your homework on Morocco before you came over and relied upon all of us to help you with your queries then slag everyone off ..
If the gardians are taking £1 a night from 500 vans that will be £3500 a week. Now it must be in the best interest of these people to look after both their interests and the motorhomers' .
People taking the high ground, and i did read the J&J post, need to realise that even when they go to someone's house they are exploiting these people just the same.

@Anna-Gabor how would you like someone coming into your house, give you £2 and stink out your dwelling? Does that make you a better person because you are paying to get rid of your waste?

Do you think the little old lady could cope with 500 cassettes every 2 days?

The alternative is to close the wild camping spot, force campers into fee paying sites and discourage motorhomers from visiting.

Just like child labour, we all hate it, if you stop it you kill poor people.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
life experiance.
asilah is ok if heading south . it was great when uk forces were in gibralter and the spanish had shut the border with spain . the only way out for a weekend was morocco. lots derelict campsites hardly noticable there now around asilah.
as for chefchaoued , well yes many of the houses are painted blue . there is a crap campsite above the town on the hill. it really was just a drug smoking hippie dream. its crap.
take the coast road martil ,tetouan and on to el jebha then real good experiances . the coast road to al hoceima is a real road trip.
many dont actually want to experiance the real moroccan life style.

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
@Bobby I think its a far better option to empty waste in proper toilettes than into inhabited ground. So my answer is, had I been a moroccan from Tafraoute, I would do the same as few locals do. I would tell vans they can empty their waste in my bathroom rather than into the ground. And I would feel I do right.
I would like to end this discussion because unfortunately we dont share similiar opinions and its no use like this. The reason I wrote here is to figure out something together- I hoped maybe someone had the power and will to help and I would gladly assist to it with my time.

So I suggest peace, thats all of our interest. :)

Sorry If I offended someone. I didnt mean to. From my side lets forget the discussion. No need to not follow the morocco 2017 thread @SUGGY:) I will not write anymore.

Have a nice time in Morocco all vanners!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the question as been answered.
deep pit emptied when full.
idealy m,homers stop using chemicals or washing powder etc in their cassettes etc .
nature copes easily with septic waste, as done for years .
we dont use human waste on land in uk due to the heavy metals etc we eat . its rather a complicated system not easy to explain on here . but we do use it on none ground food .its been awhile since i worked in the sewage industry ,but try a google on .. the safe sludge matrix ..
many might find it of interest.
i have visited many sewage works in africa . and done talks in african villages about septic use.
was better than working.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
life experiance.
asilah is ok if heading south . it was great when uk forces were in gibralter and the spanish had shut the border with spain . the only way out for a weekend was morocco. lots derelict campsites hardly noticable there now around asilah.
as for chefchaoued , well yes many of the houses are painted blue . there is a crap campsite above the town on the hill. it really was just a drug smoking hippie dream. its crap.
take the coast road martil ,tetouan and on to el jebha then real good experiances . the coast road to al hoceima is a real road trip.
many dont actually want to experiance the real moroccan life style.

We're looking at coming over for a few days without our mh - just travelling by grand taxi, coach or train. My boys want to have a trip out of Europe but we don't have more time to get down to Fez or into the Atlas mountains / desert. I would like to find somewhere without the drug culture and is within a couple of hours of Tangiers.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
We're looking at coming over for a few days without our mh - just travelling by grand taxi, coach or train. My boys want to have a trip out of Europe but we don't have more time to get down to Fez or into the Atlas mountains / desert. I would like to find somewhere without the drug culture and is within a couple of hours of Tangiers.
now thats difficult . asilah maybe. but just the hussle and bussle of ceuta could be good. mind ceuta isnt morocco.
tangiers i have never liked.
personally i would say dont bother. if you cant have at least the 90 days allowed stay away.
chef chou ,,is drug orientated. why not take the van . believe me its worth it . i first went in 1976 been about 30 times since . sometimes extending for 180 days.
shame you dont as volubilis the roman ruins is the most famous roman ruins i know. bit far for a few days but well worth the trip.unbelievable place , you gotta see it to believe it.
the closer to the europe order you get the less of morocco you feel.
remeber spain did at one time rule more of it,

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Chefchaouen definitely has more going for it than Assilah in my opinion. Assilah is an OK first introduction to Morocco but is hardly very photogenic. Chefchaouen is more touristy but it is bigger, there is much more to see and explore and you are more likely to find locals who speak English (and Spanish). Plenty of hotels and pensions available which Sssilah lacks. I would post some photos but I dont have access to my network driva at the moment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back