LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Its shown as 80dh in my book which for the facilities is enough. Just wonder if he saw mug written across my forehead. 10 dh isn't going make or break me but this year we've had some excellent camps at less money than this. Just sharing my thoughts with the group.

Could have been worse George - last time we were there the road onward to Meknes was closed due to 4ft snow drifts. :eek: Had to spend 3 days at that Camp Site and it was bloody cold after being in Merzouga just a few days before in scorching heat.

IMG_2032.JPG

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Look out for these fellas as you pass through the Cedar Forest right on the tops. There are hundreds of them as well as dogs roaming.
IMG_9041.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
This was our Journey 3 years ago leaving Midelt going to Azrou, It started snowing just as we started climbing, and it took us over 12 hrs with many diversions till we got out of it

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Just travelled to Midelt and pulled into Camping Municipal to find it empty. I was here 4 years ago and it was OK. When I arrived I thought I was told 80 dh inc electric. When I had sited and taken my passports and filled out the fiche the price became 90dh. I told the owner or warden that this was the most expensive camp we have come across to which he just shrugged his shoulders. If I can prevent just one other person being ripped off then I will feel it has been worth posting this message.

George.
Beware of the guardian if he offers any mechanical services.
Put a hole in our cv boot after saying he heard a noise as we drove in. We were the only ones on site also.

Enjoy the town. Had a good meal there.
Say hi to Anne.

Darren n Lynne

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Now at Ouzoud, staying on very nice campsite, Camping Zebra, just up the hill. Dutch owned, everything immaculate, it's got a For Sale sign outside? Anybody want to buy a campsite.

Just back from the Cascades; well they're very nice but if that's the best Morocco has to offer I wouldn't bother.

05MarK.jpg

It's a definite Moroccan tourist attraction though, place was heaving with day-trippers, it's all restaurants and souvenir shops. Might be nicer away from the weekend though.

If you intend visiting it's best reached from Marrakesh via Demnate - quite a good road the coaches use it - then the R304, turning off to Ouzoud at the signs for Les Cascades. (From t'other way turn off N8 onto the R304 SP Afourer & Azilal, again a good road but quite steep and twisty - watch out for the tourist buses!)

Not sure about the minor road from N8 direct to Ouzoud through the Gorge - Rough Guide says it's okay but we missed it on our way here, hence the long way round, so I'll check with site owner before we leave.

05MarB.jpg

If you want a nice overnight stop, continue on the R304 to Bin El Ouidane, as you approach you'll see the reservoir and just before the tunnel turn sharp right down to the lake on a good metalled road. You'll see a large open parking area (can see it in the picture above) which is quite popular with tourists - the locals do boat trips. Park away from the main area, oodles of room, and you won't be bothered by the guardian. Whatever you do DON'T try the old boatyard that's in the Vicarious book - the old guy tried to ask me for 600 MAD! He'd got it written down on a piece of paper!

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
Now back home in Wareham. A real shame not to have met up with any Funsters bearing in mind that it was a chance meeting with Terry L and Cherry Pirate at the three windmills last year, that set us on our way!
Hope to change that shortly at a rally/show.
Will be back as soon as work allows, maybe next year?!

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just an update to my earlier post about Ouzoud, having now used the minor road which turned out to be good, half looked to have been very recently resurfaced. There's a 10 tonne weight limit over a bailey bridge halfway where the road is awaiting treatment.
So if you don't fancy the R roads from Marrakesh use the N8 to the turn onto P3105 for Oued Ayad, it's a roundabout just before the huge Consumar cement works (N32.21066, W6.81066). Care, in about 1/2 mile after turning you need to take a right then it's one (I nearly typed straight!) road to Ouzoud, cross the bridge and there's parking in several places including a couple that allow overnight. Camping Zebra is 1500m up the hill on the left (85 MAD, electric +20 MAD), bit pricey but very nice.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Suggy has stayed at the Dutch owned campsite a few times from memory.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Yes we have stayed at camping Zebra too. A nice site and the Dutch couple that run it are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and the state of the roads.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Also stayed there last year, a easy walk downhill to the falls. Got to say wasn't that busy when we were there and enjoyed them. Great drive and scenery on the R304/Azilal road back onto the N8.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Also stayed there last year, a easy walk downhill to the falls. Got to say wasn't that busy when we were there and enjoyed them. Great drive and scenery on the R304/Azilal road back onto the N8.
Easy walk downhill, not so easy going back up the hill !

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Most people seem to travel to Morroco from january onwards, What's it like from say November /December -is it busy with French M/homers?

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We enjoyed Zebra and the falls. There was a lot of water coming over the cascades when we were there .they had the water powered mill stones grinding away .
we went on the boats on the lake under the falls .quite spectacular for a dessert country.......
we also walked the valley to the source where the water comes out of the Rock wall and to the " mexican town " on the hill .

we also did the bailey bridge as did suebaz in their 6 wheeler ..... .
Make sure to visit the rock arch at Dem nat.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Tafraoute

Those who are there can you please tell how packed the town is?
Are there any places left in campsites and in the big 10DH area?

We are thinking of going up there today but overcrowded places we really hate. If its too busy we go later after the festival.
Thank you:)

Plenty of room ..
Town is looking good . Stage nearly completed.
Very hot here 34c in the shade under the awning.
We are still at the same co ordinates i sent you .

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Starting to head homewards now, yesterday long drive from Ouzoud to Azrou where we're staying a couple of nights at Disneyland - actually Euro Camping at the Emirates Tourist Centre, 4km out of town on Ifrane road. Not very big but immaculate, 80 MAD including electric.

Onto Fez tomorrow then probably Meknes, Volubilis and finishing off with a few days on the coast, aiming to cross back end of next week.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Most people seem to travel to Morroco from january onwards, What's it like from say November /December -is it busy with French M/homers?

Not been then but November is the rainy season apparently and it seems that the French do come over in December although no idea how busy it actually gets. Wouldn't think it was a problem though.

I know others have come across then - any comments peeps?

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We went in mid dec 2014.
Went 3 weeks without seeing another van (well, saw one or two) but we travelled anti clockwise thru Azrou and Midelt to Merzouga for Xmas and Ourzazate for New Year.
V quiet but more folks around down the coast.

And then swamped by funsters mid Jan onwards!!!

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We arrived new years eve at Assilah

But

The French avalanche was already there

Dec 7, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Camper Van
Exp
7yrs
Just got home yesterday. Loved Marocco, had a great time. Unfortunately left for home 2 weeks early as our oldie dog had a bit of a funny episode and really worried us. He then recovered so we meandered back through Portugal. Reading through the thread there is so much we still have to see and do ( the photos are amazing) definitely want to go back next yr.
Big Thank You to all the contributors that helped make this yr. such a success.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We arrived new years eve at Assilah

But

The French avalanche was already there
I think France must be empty, they were all in camping agadir !!!

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I think France must be empty, they were all in camping agadir !!!

I can assure you they're not. For the past week every site we've stopped at has had a group of French taking over the place, sometimes as many as 20. We don't think it's the same group following us around either. We thought they'd all b------d off home at the end of February but apparently not.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Camped by the wall at Taroudant, 40 Dirums a night good toilets and facilities electric if you want it but my goodness its hot. Going to take a carriage tour (at Suggys suggestion! Spending my money) tomorrow then heading for the coast to cool down.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
@TerryL where are you staying at Meknes? Great place to visit

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are wild camping at the east end of the torremolinas prom. The lorry came to empty the skip this morning, a French van was in the way, when asked to move his van he refused, the police were called, has he spoilt this wild camping for us all ?

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
only since 2015 october:) we are fresh chickens!
Hello everyone! Which is the best road to take from Tafraoute to Taroudant? We came to Tafraoute from Tiznit, but if not neccessary we would not like to go the Tafraoute-Tiznit- Agadir-Taroudant way. Is there a better road that is good condition and not crazy to drive? For me even the road from Tiznit to Tafraout was a bit scary at some parts, but it was ok as passenger side was by the mountains. But on the way back to Tiznit I would be on the drop side and I am quite nervous when its like that :D
Thank you for the info :)

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
Did the Tafraoute to Taroadant route 3 days ago, used the R105 to Imi-Mqourn then straight up to the N10. Very little traffic, good road with some single surfaced bits, but no trouble passing. Also a lot of new wide section road - we really enjoyed the highest bits! Stayed on the wall next to the Palais Salam 20Dh for the night, no facilities, good for the town. Decided to move to the campsite -(camping du jardin) up the road for a couple of nights as they built a large stage next to us for this weekends gig/cycle race. Now getting ready for the next stage to Marrakech over the Tizi-n-Test pass!!

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
Anyone done the Tizi - n - Test pass from Taroudant to Marrakech recently? Probably going for it tomorrow!!

Anna-Gabor

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Hungary
Funster No
MH
Hymer B644 1992
Exp
only since 2015 october:) we are fresh chickens!
Yess, the R105 the one that goes all the way to Agadir. I dont see road going up to the N10 from Imi-Mqourn but I do see it one town further in Biougra. Was that the one maybe Jwells? Thanks.

Our friends the tincan family have done tizin test few weeks ago, take a look at their amazing video:) They are motorhome fun members too but cant remember their username here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back