Morocco 2015 (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Yawn yawn I know but has anyone got an update, or anything o_O about going thataway PLEASE.
Tried to find new stuff but failed, thank you all but tomorrow will do at this time.
G,NIGHT.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Very open ended from our position.. No decision made as yet but it is still only October and we always have Xmas at home and then ship out 1st week of January. Currently thinking that as my Insurance is due 12th January, will have a green card issued before we leave UK and then decide from there..
There will no doubt be Funsters around, several have said they are going..

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We are not going this year :cry::cry:
But I think you will find the front runners for this year will be dazzlin
Who are on their way now down though france heading over into moroc for Christmas (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
As Dave said, the Ebola and militants have put paid to 2015. I think that this Ebola will appear in the UK and Spain this year :-(

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well unless the powers that be tell us it's unwise, we're definitely going and we're prepared to accompany a SMALL group along the lines of 2014 i.e. meet up somewhere close to/at Algeciras and cross on the ferry together, get "acclimatised" then you do your own thing. Like Tonka, haven't decided on a date yet (got Xmas to sort first) but it's probably going to be mid-January. So if you're interested post on here and I'll start a list - but please note this is NOT a rally, I'm not going to be "the organiser" just do a bit of co-ordination. Would be helpful if the group contained a few who've done it before (Steve? Interested?)

If you haven't done so make sure you read the Morocco 2014 thread to ensure you know what you need to sort out yourselves.

I'm probably going to regret this.........

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Peoples,
Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

TerryL,

Probably going to regret it myself also but what the hell, not computa litrit really but will happily do some co-co-ordinating with you.

Take care,
Norman.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
So if you're interested post on here and I'll start a list - but please note this is NOT a rally,
Please add me to your list. Your proposal is exactly what we are looking for.

Also, I note that the Morocco thread of 2014 was exceptionally long and I thought it would be helpful for members if the 2015 thread was split.
i.e. Morocco 2015 Campsites and Ferry Information: Morocco 2015 General Information: Morocco 2015 Arrangements for travelling groups/parties etc.:
Just a thought as it would direct interested members to the right group and cut down on the overall length of each thread. Would need Jim to set up I guess.

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for that gents, can I start my ball rolling, I have driven through France a number of times and I got as far as Gibraltar when my wife was alive but I have not traveled out of season before.
Personally I would be happy to meet and travel in company from the UK, but that is just me, open to ideas though.

Norman.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We will be returning to Morocco in January unless Ebola or ISIL make it unsafe.
Unable to commit to a specific date though as we are planning to take our time meandering down to Algeciras.
We will be keeping in touch via this thread though and will help out with advice if we can.
Re splitting thread, my advice would be to keep it all in one place. For those actually travelling in Morocco you know you only have one place to look to find out what's happening/get help/provide advice.
It's only looking at it in hindsight that it appears daunting. I think It's worked the last two years, it ain't broke, so why fix it?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay folks, I'll get the ball rolling. Fully agree with makems, keep it all in one place - when we get home (at Gravelines tonight on our way back from Germany) I'll have a look at the 2014 thread and identify the most relevant bits. So from now on we'll use this thread to communicate etc.

As regards numbers, a group any bigger than 20 would be a bit much, particularly finding stopovers that can take that many all in one go, so for the moment that's the limit I'm working to. However if someone wants to go on a different date and is willing to co-ordinate I don't see any problem with a second or even a third group. I know that many people we've talked to about 2014 could be interested.

TucanoTwo - thanks Norman will keep you in mind but I'm hoping that there won't be too much messing about although "on the day" it would be nice to have an extra pair of hands/feet.

Terry

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are waiting to see what the situation is regarding Ebola and Isis , we are already nr Almunecar Spain, the plan was to cross over some time beginning of January all being well so will watch this thread

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Same here, leaving UK middle to end of November for Spain then plan is to head to Morroco early January so count me in, obviously give it a check nearer the time but will be around that area ready to go.
Thanks
Dave

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Same here, leaving UK middle to end of November for Spain then plan is to head to Morroco early January so count me in, obviously give it a check nearer the time but will be around that area ready to go.
Thanks
Dave

Ditto leaving mid November tunnel across, meandering down thru France into Spain and Portugal.. December down south:D plan to cross into Morocco early Jan
Dependant on date ? will keep an eye on this thread with a view to meeting up with funsters and agree with makems that its best to keep it all under one thread
:cool:

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
We'll be around Algeciras early January and would like to visit Morocco for the first time, but, like many others we're waiting to see how things are over there, so it will likely be a last minute decision for us. (Had the jabs & bought the T shirt). Will also keep an eye on this thread. If a list gets started, please include us.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
what jabs have you had . dont need any for morocco.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Correctomundo ! I informed my GP I too was going to Moroc and received a booster for god knows what and that was it ! Wife who visited different surgery told more or less the same but might get a prick as a booster LOL

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
usually those would be a normal uk jab any way.

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
Think it was typhoid & hepatitus. Checked with GP and thats what they advised !

sounds a bit dodgy to me wot with this eer tombola , ismus and now typhoo and hippy tits . think i'll stay home and vegimate in front of the goglbox . wot do you think al hee hee:spam:or was thatSTAN

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
before i left to travel round the coast of africa i think i had just about every jab available to man except cholera , that was advised as contra -indicated .
2 x hepatitis a
3 x hep b
1 x booster polio
1 x booster diphtheria
1 x meningitis
1 x typhoid
3 x rabies
also left uk with 8 months supply of lariam tabs to take while in africa . for malaria
some jabs needed to be renewed while away .
the biggest problem was malaria . you cant keep taking lariam . we had hoped to be away 5 years .
the plan was if you thought you had caught it you had to really double normal dose untill you could get hospital advise . not actually take them weekly .
as it was we didnt catch malaria .
did have a extra jab for rabies . but i can say this lot cost amost 350 quid back in 1998. each my wife and i.
now the yellow fever is out . rabies out . as for morocco i dont think its any worse than going to london on holiday.
i also think in uk we think africa is worse than what it is . i found just about all west africs ok . i even have flown back to sierra leone a great country . been back to gambia twice . and would go again but not at the moment .

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
just joking alan . had all that lot for india and asia plus japanese enceflitis (try saying that when you've had a few) (y) STAN

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes covered me for india as well . apart from i should have had different tabs for malaria . but again didnt catch it so was ok.
the secret is washing twice a day with a egg cup full of cheap disinfectant in the washing bowl water . seems to help keep away mozzies and help heal any cuts scratches you get .
mind we did use lots of all types of mozzy cream . the best was one called dusk . made in uk but not sold here as its not licenced for sale here . great. but it worked .

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Bloodly wooseys. Travelled half way round the world and never had a jab for anything. Having said that us Cheshire lads never even heard of hay fever.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all i know is some of the countries in africa wont let you in if you havent had yellow fever jabs .
we were a bit cautious as we had planned to spend 5 years about . just travelling the coast of africa . give or take a thousand miles or so in places . we were traveling in a vw van so facilities at times would have been minimal. if it had been a 6 month dash to south africa i might not have had so many . never heard of ebola then .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back