North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
stick us on the list please...
thanks..

Which one? Leaving 8th or 15th January?

While posting I'm looking at asking Carlos for a multi-van discount, as MrMotorhome got for us last time, but I know I'll need at least 10 vans. So far got 12 but one or two may drop out.....

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
It is now a triplicate and issued on behalf of the Consejo General De Espana and is called a Certifcado Veterinario De Salad [Veterinary Heath Certificate ]. I thinkit now needs to be issued 48 hour prior to journey, but not sure.
What abou this then??

bilimanjaro

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
grimsby
Funster No
MH
autusleeper
Exp
ten years
terry..
am easy 8/15th ..as long as were not thirteenth on list..lol............
thanks..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Some useful info here (although much of it contained in Terry's notes)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Morocco 3g internet dongle. is this article still relevant and is this the best way to stay connected?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
terry..
am easy 8/15th ..as long as were not thirteenth on list..lol............
thanks..

Well, actually, you were, until I got a cancellation...... As you've seen above I'm possibly looking at trying for a discount but I'll need min. 10 vans. Still plenty of time though. I'll put you on the 15th for now.
Terry

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Found the bit I was looking for re dogs on the defra site:-

If you are entering the UK from an unlisted non-EU country your pet must:

If you are re-entering the UK from an unlisted country with an EU pet passport:

Pets travelling to an unlisted non-EU country that have been identified, microchipped and blood sampled 30 days after vaccination demonstrating a positive titration result before leaving the UK (or another EU country) may re-enter the UK without having to meet the three month waiting period. The vaccination, blood sample and positive titration result must be recorded on the pet passport.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I'm looking at going on the 8th jan now
Ok Dave that be great.Be nice to have company
have a safe drive down and a good Xmas, see you at Carlos on the 7th
Link Removed

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well, actually, you were, until I got a cancellation...... As you've seen above I'm possibly looking at trying for a discount but I'll need min. 10 vans. Still plenty of time though. I'll put you on the 15th for now.
Terry
I plan to arrive at Liddle, Algeciras p.m on the 14th. Will this be too late for the 15th Crossing ? We would like to get a shop in and not sure what time Carlo's office closes. I'm assuming you will be crossing a.m. on the 15th so everything needs to be completed on the 14th latest. (I might be able to arrive at Algeciras a.m. on the 14th if essential. Finally, is there any LPG fuel station in or very close to Algeciras.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
These seem to be close for LPG
Malaga Repsol N36 41.414 W004 28 980 open 24hrs
Fuengirola Repsol N36 33.518. W004 37.248
More info if needed

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Make sure you fill up with lpg before you get to algcirus there is a lpg station close by but I could not find it
Fuel is very cheap in moroco so don't top in Spain just make sure you have enough for about 150 miles it's about 60 mile and 2 hours down to asilla

I would try to get to Carlos by mid afternoon sort out tickets for next day sailing about 12 pm
Then you have plenty of time to shop and stock up then stow stuff away and then in morning sort out what you have missed
Don't forget booze is very expensive in moroc so try get enough to last your trip
If you are wine drinkers buy it in boxes as they don't break and stack better than bottles
If you are spirt drinkers the best I observed was with barcdy one funster bought 5 litres and decanted it into a 5 litre plastic heavy duty container

Then just stash it around van out of sight

Now this is up to you
I would not be worried about being overloaded weight wise in morocco
The likelyhood of you being weighed is virtually nil

When you get over first stop for us was asilla for first night sort out moble phone and mobile Internet

Go and enjoy yourself and don't over plan it
You will end up listening to others and changing your minds every other day
Set a couple of things you really want to do and try do it
Our plans changed as soon as we crossed over with Malcom Bolt and I am really pleased it did as we would have missed some great things
I have only one regret on our trip that was not going to tafraout
That was due to fact we spent a long time down in desert around zagora
And I did not want to have to rush our last 2 weeks

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
The nearest LPG to Algeciras that I know of is at Los Barrios. Junction 80 on A381.
It's about 10 miles North of Algeciras if I remember correctly so about 17 miles from Carlos office.
I can see it on Google maps but don't know how to get the coordinates from that view. I've got the coord in my sat nav but it's in the van and the vans in storage until January.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Bit of input guys... With recent events for me and the "dicky ticker" Morocco is a definite NO for 2015..

1. TerryL . Getting 17 vans organised in the ferry office on that day was a total nightmare, you may know that Andrew was still fetching tickets late on in the evening. Even at the port as we queued Carlos was trying to get us to split into 2 groups as the ferry company did not want us all on at the same time..!! Andrew stood his ground...
You may get €10-20 discount off price, maybe better to see if there could be a code or something that will let smaller groups travel...

2. Internet.. Deals and promotions change all the time, if newbies read the 2014 thread they will see what we did last year.
From memory there was a 10day card and then that was easy to reload for a month. Very cheap and personally I would only go with Maroc Telecom (although others seemed happy with Jawal etc)..

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Screenshot_2014-11-10-10-31-29.png

Lpg algeceras with lat long coordinates.
Excellent access and staff were very helpful.

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
The nearest LPG to Algeciras that I know of is at Los Barrios. Junction 80 on A381.
It's about 10 miles North of Algeciras if I remember correctly so about 17 miles from Carlos office.
I can see it on Google maps but don't know how to get the coordinates from that view. I've got the coord in my sat nav but it's in the van and the vans in storage until January.

Mike
If you look at the URL for the item you are looking at it will have the co-ordinates built into it i.e.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@36.1998113,-5.5148672,19z?hl=en

Hope this helps for the future. There was LPG there when we visited in January

Colin

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Bit of input guys... With recent events for me and the "dicky ticker" Morocco is a definite NO for 2015..

1. TerryL . Getting 17 vans organised in the ferry office on that day was a total nightmare, you may know that Andrew was still fetching tickets late on in the evening. Even at the port as we queued Carlos was trying to get us to split into 2 groups as the ferry company did not want us all on at the same time..!! Andrew stood his ground...
You may get €10-20 discount off price, maybe better to see if there could be a code or something that will let smaller groups travel... QUOTE]

Good Idea Tonka (y) we could try for a group discount leaving on 2 dates just a thought

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You can see the Los Barrios Services from the Motorway as you drive North its on a low hillside to your right just as you approach the junction. Filled our LPG up there both going to Maroc and en route back.(y)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That is the one I'm planning to top up at and already got it planned into my route now. (It's shown on the map in the link I posted earlier). Will wait for confirmation from TerryL about crossing on 15th and if I need to be there a.m. on the 14th. This is my first time across and would like to cross with a group so I can gain some experiance of the pro's and con's of the ferry crossing. I would be OK about crossing on my own but with so many funsters crossing around the same time this for me is the preferred option. Once over, I would have though fuel stations would be very near the port (?) Tangier Med)). We will probably head straight down to Moulay-Bousselham as there is a couple of decent camp sites with some superb bird watching. We will probably stay here for a week at least and then go walk about so to speak.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
That is the one I'm planning to top up at and already got it planned into my route now. (It's shown on the map in the link I posted earlier). Will wait for confirmation from TerryL about crossing on 15th and if I need to be there a.m. on the 14th. This is my first time across and would like to cross with a group so I can gain some experiance of the pro's and con's of the ferry crossing. I would be OK about crossing on my own but with so many funsters crossing around the same time this for me is the preferred option. Once over, I would have though fuel stations would be very near the port (?) Tangier Med)). We will probably head straight down to Moulay-Bousselham as there is a couple of decent camp sites with some superb bird watching. We will probably stay here for a week at least and then go walk about so to speak.
Moulay is probably better done on your way back Home.
Early January the weather in the North of Morocco can be pretty dire. It certainly has been the last two years.
Our plan is normally to get as far South as quickly as possible for the weather and then take our time going back North when the weather has improved.
We stayed at Moulay for a week in April and the weather was absolutely great.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I plan to arrive at Liddle, Algeciras p.m on the 14th. Will this be too late for the 15th Crossing ? We would like to get a shop in and not sure what time Carlo's office closes. I'm assuming you will be crossing a.m. on the 15th so everything needs to be completed on the 14th latest. (I might be able to arrive at Algeciras a.m. on the 14th if essential. Finally, is there any LPG fuel station in or very close to Algeciras.

Plan would be to be at Lidl Algeciras lunchtime 14th to give us time to sort the tickets, either travelling independently or from an earlier "meet" somewhere. Get the shopping done - you don't have to use Lidl, there's several big names there. Cross a.m. 15th and travel to Asilah, fuel station on the motorway on the way, not too far. Sort out internet then everybody do their own thing.

We went to the Los Barrios LPG on our way back, was easy to spot (although we had a problem as for some reason couldn't get the gun to fit connector properly - was probably me!) We used the Malaga one on our way out - on an industrial estate behind the airport.

I'm looking at going on the 8th jan now

No problem.

To cater for others who would like to cross at different times I'm making up a second list - this hopefully may also give me some ammunition in getting a discount.
Here's what I got so far:

Depart 15th
TerryL
TucanoTwo
Abforfun
Philippft
Champers
Canopus ??
Timetraveller
Eamless
Theonlysue
dabhand
CherryPirate
Bilimanjaro

Depart 8th
Busman
Horshamjack

Anybody else???

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Thanks, Will be there for midday on the 14th. With respect to sorting internet out in Asilah, do you stop overnight and if so where abouts.

Thanks again.
Just drive into Asilah keeping town on your left till you come to the sea then turn left and keeping sea on your right to town walls there are at least 3 guardian areas on your right I would chose the secound one from wall
Parking is about 60D per night depending on what mood guardian is in
I personally would only stay 1 night then onto kenetra

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just drive into Asilah keeping town on your left till you come to the sea then turn left and keeping sea on your right to town walls there are at least 3 guardian areas on your right I would chose the second one from wall
Parking is about 60D per night depending on what mood guardian is in
I personally would only stay 1 night then onto kenetra
Thanks again, Asilah was on my radar as a potential stop so will move it up to a definite as I will want a data card for my Mifi and it's in the direction I plan to travel anyhow.

http://www.roughguides.com/destinations/africa/morocco/tangier-tetouan-northwest/asilah/

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Moulay is probably better done on your way back Home.
Early January the weather in the North of Morocco can be pretty dire. It certainly has been the last two years.
Our plan is normally to get as far South as quickly as possible for the weather and then take our time going back North when the weather has improved.
We stayed at Moulay for a week in April and the weather was absolutely great.
Thanks for this. My plan is to make an anticlockwise tour of Moroc with our priority finding good weather. If the weather is crap when we cross we will do as you say head south (perhaps Sidi Ifni). I've read the campsites at Agidir will be rammed in Jan/Feb, by the French. Still might get a few days in at Moulay, just for the bird watching.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Re parking at asilah, As you come into the town, there is a large roundabout. we parked up at a carpark just by the roundabout. about 5 mins walk into town. overlooking the sea, flat and all hardstanding.

upload_2014-11-10_17-41-24.png

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Don't miss out on agider I liked it there we spent about 10 days there on tagazout its cheap short walk into village and a bus ride into agider or banana village a must on market day (4 days fresh food for a tenner)
plus it's good place to chill out and to meet up with people and make new freinds we certanly did

We spent 3 days in sidi ifni and personally I did not like it too hilly and windy
It would not be on my itinerary for our return in jan 2016 we will proberbly spend 3 months in morocco this time

Personally our best time was spent in desert from tata across to ouarzazate and around zagora
I think the people were more friendly and curious towards Brits

One thing we will return to is the atlas mountains and spend more time exploring around the gorges it was stunning up there

As for french I would not worry about them they where a daily source of entertainment for us watching them bash vans about argue and best of all set up sat dishes anal is not quite the word

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For all potential travellers to Morocco, following info I've gleaned (thanks all contributors) I've updated my notes in the Resources section (italicised) and also included a Police Checkpoint Identification Document.
If you intend to visit the southern reaches of the country and maybe into the desert areas adjoining Western Sahara, you can expect to encounter "serious" police checkpoints. Last year Andrew (MrMotorhome) did some sheets for us newbies and I've now found a comprehensive list of the information you may be asked for. I've made it into a document you can print out out, fill in and copy a few times - if needed it'll save you a lot of time. It's on the end of the notes.

Thanks, Will be there for midday on the 14th. With respect to sorting internet out in Asilah, do you stop overnight and if so where abouts.

Thanks again.
We intend to stop at Asilah overnight, basically to get internet sorted out. It's quite possible to get further but you cannot forecast how long the crossing and corresponding "formalities" will take, so as it's only about an hour that's far enough to plan for the first day. The parking shown by Theonlysue above is just a 5min walk from Maroc Telecom and also the town. It was also only 20dh (cheapskate me!). There is more right under the town walls on the beach.

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Terry,

We will have to be counted out on this trip now damn it. Audrey is too concerned about Ebola and I.S, both don't bother me but, taking the bull by the horns I have decided to re-retire and go back to work for a while longer :whistle:
I hope all who go have a fantastic time.

Norman.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back