LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Simon, do you have a refillable system? If you do you connect the hose to your filler point. Dave
No mate, two English propane on a changeover, think I'm getting the drift now, I think Mikes suggestion of a gaslow hose is probably the easiest solution, and just buy a bottle over there if I run out.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You can buy a conector to go from a 907 camping gaz to your pig tail at any hardware shop ,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 20141107_143509.jpg
    20141107_143509.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20141107_143500.jpg
    20141107_143500.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 29

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Are GasIt and Gaslow the same fittings ? I have 2 x 6kg bottles with auto changeover

View attachment 46890

If not what would I need
Thanks in advance
According to the Gas It web site their cylinders are compatible with Gaslow so a Moroccan cylinder will fit straight on to the existing hoses (in theory, I am just going from published data, I haven't tried it)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Can I ask is anyone going before the 15th as thinking of a week earlier would be ok for me ??

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

It s not much I agree but that's where Malcom bolt took us
Carlos used to have a office built on side of lidles but it was closed down last January but now he operates across road in the place shown on map

Any way park on lidles and follow the stream of motorhomers to his door

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Can I ask is anyone going before the 15th as thinking of a week earlier would be ok for me ??
Our green card is from 8th January for 120 days
We will be in Algeciras on 7th at Carlos and stocking up ;)
Pm me if you want to hook

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I'm not implying criticism, I stood outside thinking "can this be it" but it was and worked a treat.
I know your not critising brian when I went with Malcom I thought if I had been on my own I would have walked away
But the service Carlos provides in filling out all the forms for you and checking over all your documents is well worth the little you could save going elsewhere

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I will start a list if anyone wishing to meet up at Carlos on 7th Jan with a view to sailing on the 8th, and share some of the journey with us
Our plan after reading the extensive 2013 & 2014 informative threads will be to travel to Asilah Kenitra
Essaouirra Taghazoute & Tafroute nothing cast as to in stone but plan to stay quite abit at Taghazoute a more of a relaxing holiday looking for sunshine (y) We will also be travelling with our Jack Russell Max.. so probably wont take in Major cities like Marrakesh etc
Can anyone that took their pet over previously let us know of any pitfalls we may encounter be appreciated
Regards
Marc

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Re green card.
As far as I recall, you must have one for Morocco, and it must be on green paper.
Do not assume that a European green card will cover you for morocco.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Re green card.
As far as I recall, you must have one for Morocco, and it must be on green paper.
Do not assume that a European green card will cover you for morocco.

The "Green Card" must specify Morocco - your insurer will know what's needed. Ordinary insurance certificates are not acceptable.

And it will (should) be coloured green

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I will start a list if anyone wishing to meet up at Carlos on 7th Jan with a view to sailing on the 8th, and share some of the journey with us
Our plan after reading the extensive 2013 & 2014 informative threads will be to travel to Asilah Kenitra
Essaouirra Taghazoute & Tafroute nothing cast as to in stone but plan to stay quite abit at Taghazoute a more of a relaxing holiday looking for sunshine (y) We will also be travelling with our Jack Russell Max.. so probably wont take in Major cities like Marrakesh etc
Can anyone that took their pet over previously let us know of any pitfalls we may encounter be appreciated
Regards
Marc

We took our dog with us and we did Marakech going south and coming back. The site we preferred was Le Relais which has a swimming pool, restaurant with alcohol and even a hairdressing salon. Cost with lekkie around £8 per night. The dog stayed in the van that day whilst we took a taxi (arranged from reception) into to town and back for a modest sum.
We had no problems with the dog, however she went walkabaout one morning at Tagazhoute and Lynda discovered her swimming in the sea with a French chap.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Whilst googling taking dogs to Morocco came across this on the darkside, comments anyone, has anyone ever had a problem with his tickets?

Regarding ferries........ We often hear on blogs about the “Lidl” ticket dealer, and on your blog Jason you actually show your ticket issued by him. I know Carlos very well, indeed a friend ........ but has anyone thought why his tickets would be, at times, 30% -50% less than true cost. The clue is, as your picture shows...... the crudely blanked out total cost. Concessionary Residents tickets? Military Personnel Tickets? Day returns? Whatever ........ they are not valid motorhome tickets and may have a face value of less than 50-euro return. Mostly the check-in staff don´t seem to care, [there is no real procedure anyway] but I have personally seen frantic arguments at the return check-in that always result in a huge cost of a one-way return ticket. Of course those caught out never post that information, probably because the response would be predictable. Your take your chance but ill-informed advice however dressed-up is unhelpful and can be potentially expensive.

And this

I entered Morocco a month ago as usual and returned just a few days ago........ At the Spanish border a uniform was stopping EVERY SINGLE vehicle with a dog inside, with paperwork being checked and chip scanned... [ you said “ no one took a blind bit of notice he existed, not the customs, police etc.........”] which of course was true at the time.....but........

Since my last crossing a month ago the issued document from our Vet has changed. I think as from 1st April i.e. a few days ago.

It is now a triplicate and issued on behalf of the Consejo General De Espana and is called a Certifcado Veterinario De Salad [Veterinary Heath Certificate ]. I thinkit now needs to be issued 48 hour prior to journey, but not sure.

Both posts are from 2012. Is there:-

A) Any problems with Carlos ferry tickets
B) Any recent advice on taking dogs to Morocco

I await the responses of all you clever travellers.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I understand most people have not had a problem taking their dog but does anyone know the actual "law"?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Morocco as far as DEFRA are concerned is regarded as a none listed country i.e. not within the Pet Passport Scheme or not in the EU. Providing you have the positive results of the Rabies Blood test which has to be I believe, dated 3 months prior to re-enty into Spain then you should be ok.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Morocco as far as DEFRA are concerned is regarded as a none listed country i.e. not within the Pet Passport Scheme or not in the EU. Providing you have the positive results of the Rabies Blood test which has to be I believe, dated 3 months prior to re-enty into Spain then you should be ok.
Is that 3 months or longer, ie 2013?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Is that 3 months or longer, ie 2013?

Your rabies blood test is a one off test which we had done way back. Providing you keep your rabies booster jabs up to date the blood test remains valid pro rata. If you miss the rabies injection expiry date by one day you have to go through the whole process again.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Your rabies blood test is a one off test which we had done way back. Providing you keep your rabies booster jabs up to date the blood test remains valid pro rata. If you miss the rabies injection expiry date by one day you have to go through the whole process again.
Cheers Ken, I have read three conflicting things about the regularity of boosters, one says every year, one says every two and my dogs passport says every three (last done 14/1/13, due 14/1/16) do you know which it is?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Simon its every 3 years but as I stated if you miss the anniversary by a day the dogs immunity and blood test become void and you will have to start again.

The blood test is no longer required within participating countries (i.e. Europe) but if you wanted to travel to and more importantly get back from places such as Turkey or Morocco then you must get the blood test done.

You can take your dog almost anywhere, its the getting back thats difficult, in fact impossible without the certified blood test.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Simon its every 3 years but as I stated if you miss the anniversary by a day the dogs immunity and blood test become void and you will have to start again.
Were ok then cheers Ken.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back