Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Thank you for the replies and @Theonlysue thanks so much for the recommendation. Now I'll just have to do some very quick research and snappy decision making on what I need to buy. I'm only in a VW camper so not much room for a panel and I'm not quite sure how it all works together but my leisure battery is now giving me loads of grief even just running the Waeco fridge, so a solar panel is a must I think, especially as we will be doing lots of free camping again in France and Italy.
This is a very helpful forum, even if I'm not technically a motorhome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 19

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Work out the amperage of the fridge, you'll probably find this is causing most of your battery problems, then figure out how long it would take a solar panel to replace that and fully charge the battery, it is likely that it wouldn't, there are plenty of chaps on here who will tell you chapter and verse, or read the numerous battery threads..... Good luck:)

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Thanks @dabhand the fridge uses 1.4-1.7ah, I'll try and work out if a solar panel would help with this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks @dabhand the fridge uses 1.4-1.7ah, I'll try and work out if a solar panel would help with this.
If you round that up to 2 amps then that's about 25W, which isn't too much. A 100W panel would go a long way towards meeting this demand. Of course they don't generate 100W in Europe but you should get around 50W out of it for a good part of the day. The more panels the better but weight, cost and space have to be taken into account. OP also needs to check the leisure battery or batteries are in good condition.

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Aha! I am free!
I have started a thread in the solar panel section, but would any of you kind lot know where/if I could get a French adapter for my hook up lead in Morocco? At least I'll be able to hook up until I can sort the solar panel out.
Thanks

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Aha! I am free!
I have started a thread in the solar panel section, but would any of you kind lot know where/if I could get a French adapter for my hook up lead in Morocco? At least I'll be able to hook up until I can sort the solar panel out.
Thanks
You guys have prepared really well for Morocco haven't you!! ::bigsmile: Hook up where? Not wild camping then? A lot of the bigger towns might have them or try the garages you should find one ok.:smiley:

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
You guys have prepared really well for Morocco haven't you!! ::bigsmile: Hook up where? Not wild camping then? A lot of the bigger towns might have them or try the garages you should find one ok.:smiley:

:D
Well we got to somewhere around Southern Spain and then sort of said to each other, sod it, let's go to Morocco. Story of the trip really. I was still working on the bus at 1am the morning we were due to leave the UK.
It's all part of the fun :cry:

We wild camp in Europe but Morocco we've been confined to campsites due to the leisure battery issue and also, our first foray into Africa and during Ramadan, we needed the comfort of a campsite.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well we got to somewhere around Southern Spain and then sort of said to each other, sod it, let's go to Morocco. Story of the trip really. I was still working on the bus at 1am the morning we were due to leave the UK.

We wild camp in Europe but Morocco we've been confined to campsites due to the leisure battery issue and also, our first foray into Africa and during Ramadan, we needed the comfort of a campsite.
Love it, always been a bit spur of the moment myself!

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp

Sounds like your planing is like mine non-existing

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you want hook up in morocco expect sellotape to be the joiner. i would have a good look at the connection before using leccy in maroc.
there are a few nice campsites but the things you look for as a luxury on euro camps just arent there in maroc .
we wild camp all over maroc .
ramadam isnt usually any problems ,in fact if your getting on ok with the locals you get invited to their parties at night .
if your lucky they might even share some of their beers and wines with you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back