Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best time to go is really mid december . you then come out mid march when spain as warmed up. i find once you get into end march /april the trade winds bring sand storms ,plus the wind can be quite cool.
i also find november can be very wet in the northern areas . lots floods .
but a great country for having a real adventure.

Sep 7, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis 688
Exp
Since 2010
We'd love to go to Morocco!

We want to go to Morocco sometime spring 2014. We are planning to be in Portugal and Spain again next year for December to April and wanted a month in Morocco. So would love to join a group for our first time.:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
it would be my advise that its far better to take the full 90days visa on entry than just a month . by the time you get south enough it would be time to get back . really must say go early dec .leave early march . make it woth it .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Agree with vwalan.
The country is MASSIVE and there is just so much to see. If you try and do it all in a month you'll be driving all the time instead of taking it easy.
The weather is going to be far better in Morocco in Jan-Mar than Portugal or Spain. It certainly was this year.
Once we got South as far as Agadir we only had one and a half days of rain in 10 weeks. The rest of the time it was pretty much wall to wall sun apart from a couple of days with dust storms.
There were a some Funsters with us who had only taken insurance at Tangiers for one month and had to return at the end of the month because they found it too difficult/costly to extend the insurance. They were gutted they couldn't stay longer.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
saga cover morocco. and a few others .better to get insurance here in uk .
the sand storms normally arrive late in march .but yes you can get caught earlier.
you do have to get down near agadir to get nice n warm . as you go down the coast you get to the hill of warmth .
when you get there you will know it .if you have done the coast down you will be smiling now.

SueBaz

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Nr Canterbury, Kent
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since February 2012
Sue and I have been loitering around Albufiera for the last week and talking about Morocco, she is very keen but having had a little scare with an attempted break-in coming through Spain would be a whole lot happier travelling with a group. We can be very flexible on dates, were planning to bimble down here again during September/October and winter in Portugal - a side excursion to Morocco would suit us just fine. Having looked through the thread it sounds like we might be wanting to make it a longer trip than a month heading back for March; but as I said we can be very flexible on dates.

Barry & Sue

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Security was something we didn't really worry about in Morocco.
I think you're more likely to get robbed in Spain.
An example: I was walking around the souk in Essaouria and a chap pointed out that the zip on my rucksack was half open and I should zip it up properly.
Another example: In the souk in Agadir my wallet was poking out of the top of my back pocket and a very kind man told me to be more careful.
I have read that you need to beware of pickpockets in the main square in Marrakech but had no problems.
I think you are at least as safe in Morocco as anywhere in Europe (if not safer).

Sep 7, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis 688
Exp
Since 2010
Hi again

Had a word with the boss and we are up for a Moroccan adventure from end Dec to mid March in the company of other funsters.

Just want to know where and when to meet in Spain / Portugal as we might need a little guidance on getting tickets etc.

Julie-Ann :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
heres the place to get tickets .juan carlos or you will see his daughters . all good english speaking . mind carlos shouts alot.
some park by the lidl or by leroy theres a big carpark . lots parking around there anyway.

Attachments

• img107.jpg
    img107.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 50

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
wot a buger theres not going to be room for us . seriously though the more brits the better show them frogies how its done . :winky::winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was walking around the souk in Essaouria and a chap pointed out that the zip on my rucksack was half open

in Agadir my wallet was poking out of the top of my back pocket

Sounds like you're not fit to be let out.

sequinn

Free Member
May 12, 2013
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
Since July 2012
Morocco

Hi there
We are heading to Dover/Dunkirk on Tuesday then travelling through Luxembourg, France and Germany until August. In September we hope to head to Portugal and then really fancy going to Morocco for the winter but know nothing about the country....:whatthe:
It would be nice to meet up with a crew who are worldly wise on the subject.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
If you want to read up about the country, have a read through the thread for the Fun trip to Morocco this year : Broken Link Removed
We had so much fun we're going to do it all again in 2014.

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Hi there
We are heading to Dover/Dunkirk on Tuesday then travelling through Luxembourg, France and Germany until August. In September we hope to head to Portugal and then really fancy going to Morocco for the winter but know nothing about the country....:whatthe:

Worldly wise me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Daft as a brush mayby

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hi there

We'll be at The Bring and Buy, Misterton, Malvern Show and Saltfleet Gala if you want to have a chat. We've only been once so we can't profess to be experts!
Tonka (Steve Tonks) and MRMotorhome (Andrew) will be at Stratford Show and I'm sure they would be happy to chat too.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We'll be at The Bring and Buy, Misterton, Malvern Show and Saltfleet Gala if you want to have a chat. We've only been once so we can't profess to be experts!
Tonka (Steve Tonks) and MRMotorhome (Andrew) will be at Stratford Show and I'm sure they would be happy to chat too.

OOPS! Just realised you're already out of the country and on your travels!
We will be in Spain and Portugal in October/November so send us a PM then and if we're somewhere near we could meet up.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Booked ferry to Santander departing 2 October. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
We will tour Spain and Portugal for a couple of months and park the van near Faro while we fly home for Christmas and New Year. Then first week of Jan fly back out, pick up the van and off down to Algeciras for the ferry to Morocco.
We will probably call in at Zahora on the way down to see some of the Funsters there.
:thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Booked ferry to Santander departing 2 October. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
We will tour Spain and Portugal for a couple of months and park the van near Faro while we fly home for Christmas and New Year. Then first week of Jan fly back out, pick up the van and off down to Algeciras for the ferry to Morocco.
We will probably call in at Zahora on the way down to see some of the Funsters there.
:thumb:

We wanted to do that this summer - leave the van at our house in spain, which is occupied by my parent, fly back to the uk for a family wedding but our insurance company said they would not insure the van if we to leave the van for more than 48hrs.
I contacted several other insurance companies and got the same answer - if you're not with the van then it's not insured.
Have you managed to get round this? Would be interested as insurance is due for renew in a couple of weeks time.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you could still leave it though take a chance . pm where you are going to store it .hee hee

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We (Ed and Shirley) have been looking to go early next year and would be pleased and grateful to join up with a group in Spain early January.
:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We (Ed and Shirley) have been looking to go early next year and would be pleased and grateful to join up with a group in Spain early January.
:Smile:

There does seem to be quite a lot of interest in Morocco again for 2013/14, hope a few of the experienced Morrocan funsters will be going again, I am sure it will all come together later in the year with Peter starting it off.

Did you read the thread of the 2012/13 trip, if not it is well worth a read.

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
We'd be interested but won't be able to get the ferry into morocco till late Jan would be happy to be part of a second group late jan and meet everyone else over there

OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Sorry I haven't done anything as yet and to be truthfully my organising skills are naff as I forget everything
But I recon if we wait till about September than start asking questions like
Names
Departure date
Return date
Areas you would like to visit

But
I have no intension of creating the perfect itinerary as I know for a fact I am the most disorganised distracted person ever and will end going where ever the mood takes either I or Elaine
It would be nice to have something like tonka and snowbirds fairly loose theme of I am going here do you want to come if not keep in touch and we will see you around
It is nice to have the added security of other like minded people traveling with you but sometimes it's nice to be alone for awhile and Elaine defiantly wants a couple of weeks warm and on the beach

And for anybody interested I am equipping my self with 2 * 2 way radios
1, complete set up on cb UK 40 channel and EU 40 channel 1 single unit
2 ,complete set up standard PMR446 2 units so Elaine can shout at me if I disappear fishing
Nothing fancy and all cheap enough from such as eBay

There is nothing stoping any body with a comment or idea sticking it on here
And as far as I am concerned the more the merrier

As for who is going so far
1, Peter and Elaine when after Xmas duration 3 months

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As we have the planned meet / rally to attend at Bellavista for March 5th onwards, I am considering another Month over in Morocco prior to that.
Just have to juggle around the grandkids half term..

Going from last years experience, smaller groups ie maybe 4 - 6 could be better. Not so much hassle when you arrive at sites etc.. All you need is a meet date to be at Algericas and go from there... :thumb:

I would not plan much in the way of an itenery for Morocco.. As we always kept saying. "the plan can change" and it did very often.. Just go and take it as it comes..

I think a few of the 2013 crowd will be at Stratford for a catch up..:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peter & Elaine
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
As we have the planned meet / rally to attend at Bellavista for March 5th onwards, I am considering another Month over in Morocco prior to that.
Just have to juggle around the grandkids half term..

Going from last years experience, smaller groups ie maybe 4 - 6 could be better. Not so much hassle when you arrive at sites etc.. All you need is a meet date to be at Algericas and go from there... :thumb:

I would not plan much in the way of an itenery for Morocco.. As we always kept saying. "the plan can change" and it did very often.. Just go and take it as it comes..

I think a few of the 2013 crowd will be at Stratford for a catch up..:thumb:

that was my origanal thought groups of 6 i just dont want to become a ring leader for a group
i would like to be able to get out of bed and think
to move or not to move sod it stay in bed or up and at em lets go

1 question tonka if you wanted 2 weeks on a beach sort of hassel free
where would it be?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
not morocco. ha ha . misur .misur .

misur .misur .

misur misur .

hobz . hobz .

fish .fish .

can you ever get away from it .i would say no.
even way out in the desert you get pestered .its part of the fun .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back