Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
A few posts pulled from the last thread to start a new one - Jim

Will this darn thread NEVER STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe not until Morocco 2015... :Doh:

So when are you starting 2015 ????

Last edited by a moderator:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
No , it flies bye .....

it is a big country with lots of different types of scenery , we were over for 11 weeks and covered around 3500 miles , first time we were there only 6 weeks,
( diesel being around 65p /lt you can afford to get about )

we sometimes stayed a week or more in a place others only a few days depending on how we felt or the weather ,

we met one couple that had been on Tagazout beach for the whole 12 weeks of their visa allowance ,
Is it very hot in January?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Forget the itinerary and just go with the flow. Be more directed by weather and advise as you travel along.
First year for me I really wanted to go to Marrakech and Casablanca... Maybe just because you hear those places mentioned so often. In 2013 we soon got chatting to others and took Casablanca off the list, Marrakech was definatly worth the visit and that first walk into the main square will stay with me always.
On the 2014 trip it was pulling up at the sand dunes and just standing there, taking it all in and realising where we had driven from back in the UK to get there.
Your ferry ticket will be "open" so you can choose the length of your stay once there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On the 2013 trip I remember a group of them all in the McDonalds at Algerciras the night before the crossing.. Maps out, pens paper etc.. Making lists...
Next day, got to Morocco and it was raining.. Everything changed and the motto for the trip became..
"The plan can always change".... :rofl::rofl:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As mentioned on other enquiry posts, keep your eyes open - someone is bound to start a new thread for 2015 in the not too distant future. :whistle: _Probably after Malvern.

Whatever, we'll be going again and be happy to be part of a Fun group.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Is it very hot in January?
no its not too hot . but you can get sunburnt .
its a dry heat you dont feel all sweaty so be careful.
i say the best time is mid december till mid march .
late march and april can be very windy . the trade winds bring sand storms etc .
november is wet season so going earlier isnt a good idea .
but first time follow the coast from kenitra down to agadir . try to stay off the m,way but from larache to kenitra you just as well use it after then hug the coast . after sale you cross a bridge . then turn right follow the walls of rabat . then just follow the sea . again at casablanca follow the sea . after casa you have to go inland a bit butas soon as you can head towards the sea. at safi again follow the sea south dont follow the sign posts they send you inland . again keep following the sea . at essaouira head on the coast road still and follow the sea . after a while in agadir head inland taroudant , tizi-n-test to marrakech.from there your 6 weeks are up head home . next year go more into the vdesert side . you may never want to go to marrakech again . but have fun .
been going since 76 so believe me it takes many long trips to see it all.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Alan, thank you very much for your useful post.
Chris

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
So, would any of you seasoned Morocco travellers care to suggest an itinerary for a first-time trip of around six weeks, starting at the beginning of Feb? Preferably not too hectic, but taking in some of the main sights.
Many thanks for any suggestions.
Chris

As mentioned whatever your 'plans' they usually change, depending on who you are travelling with and naturally the weather. We preferred travelling with a smaller group of friends. Last year we were heading towards Tagazout Beach again however the weather was terrible (wet) so we decided to drive towards the desert to meet 'Humprey' (a camel) and many of his mates. It was a great move and I would suggest something similar again. Follow the coast heading to Marrakesh and the sun/ heat (a quick stop, having been there a few times) then onto Quarzazate, Zagora, Mhamid (or east if you have more time) then west via Forum Zguid (up via R111 towards, Tafarout (stop a few days), then follow the coast to Tagazout Beach ( good place to meet up with others ) then Essourria (town car park) a wonderful place.

I think staying in one place too long is a mistake (others will disagree lol) so 4/5 days is usually long enough as there is so much to see and enjoy. For us if you spend too much time in Morocco we use up our time to visit other places, maybe in Spain or Portugal heading home. When returning last year we spent the extra time in Southern Spain before the 'meet' last year at La Bella Vista then headed back up (via Benidorm) to meet up with some other Funsters before heading home to enjoy the wind and rain in spring at home. We then knew our next destination would be to go again the following year! lol

If we go again this year it will be my third visit in a motor home and I have also lived there for 5 months when I was younger, as it is a great country and you meet wonderful people while spending good times with great friends. But as 'vwalan' and others have mentioned you need to do this trip a few times, so take your time and have FUN.

Whatever you decide or end up doing, you are going to have a fabulous experience in Morocco!

Thought I would add my 10 pence worth!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
when BA and other carriers stop flying to these countries, then the risk is beginning to outweigh the rewards of travelling there. at the moment Morocco has only had one fatality and that wasnt contracted in the same country.

its a good idea to monitor the situation

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
when BA and other carriers stop flying to these countries, then the risk is beginning to outweigh the rewards of travelling there. at the moment Morocco has only had one fatality and that wasnt contracted in the same country.

its a good idea to monitor the situation

Already starting to happen according to this

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Stay away from Scotland then. There is a lady there currently under observation for the disease. She arrived from Africa - Sierra Leone I think.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I suspect that isolation strategies and general medical hygiene are 150% better in Scotland than some remote parts of Maroc. Casablanca Airport is a hub for a lot of the small African countries which are affected by the Ebola virus. We spoke to Germans last year who had driven down to the Gambia and back so there are two routes the virus could travel. Don't know about sea trade between the affected countries suffice to say the bulk of them are on the Atlantic Coast. :sicker:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hopefully, now it has been reconised as a problem bythe WHO,it will halt the spread and reduce the number of deaths.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Stay away from Scotland then. There is a lady there currently under observation for the disease. She arrived from Africa - Sierra Leone I think.

Slight problem there ..... I live in Scotland. :rolleyes::Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
be more worried if uk etc start backing shia in iraq.
most of africa is sunni muslims .
inc morocco. the isis army are sunni .
think going there this year is out of the question .

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
bellabee,
Would you care to contact me regarding your trip as it is virtually the same as we are hoping to do, also, is there a way on this forum of contacting a member directly instead of using the forum pages. Not that I have anything to hide but purely to give others a break from what may seem 'done to death' previously.
Thanks all,
Norman.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
bellabee,
Would you care to contact me regarding your trip as it is virtually the same as we are hoping to do, also, is there a way on this forum of contacting a member directly instead of using the forum pages. Not that I have anything to hide but purely to give others a break from what may seem 'done to death' previously.
Thanks all,
Norman.
Yes - click on the name shown in the avatar of the person you want to contact, then click on Start a conversation.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
bellabee,
Thanks all,
Norman.

You need to subscribe first to send personal messages..
The info you gain will be worth more than the £10 you pay...

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
On the 2013 trip I remember a group of them all in the McDonalds at Algerciras the night before the crossing.. Maps out, pens paper etc.. Making lists...
Next day, got to Morocco and it was raining.. Everything changed and the motto for the trip became..
"The plan can always change".... :rofl::rofl:
Hello Tonka and all funster why don't you call the morocco late 2014/2015 it's less confusing

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
With only 6 weeks it is impossible to see everything in one trip unless you want to be driving longs distances almost every day.
Even 90 days means you are busy travelling much more than you are relaxing.
We spent 11 weeks the first winter and 10'weeks the second and still have places to see we haven't been to yet. We will take at least 10 weeks again this winter but are going to be visiting fewer places and doing it in a much more relaxed way.
Hello Lynda and ken hope. You are fine we are great hope to meet up with you one day did you get your awning fixed in the end take care marjohn

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
John we cant change the name of the thread once it has started...
Also cant stop people continuing to post on here.
If anything happens for 2015 then anyone doing it will start a new thread. :)
Until the nights get dark and the days cold I never think of Morocco until then...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
John we cant change the name of the thread once it has started...
Also cant stop people continuing to post on here.
If anything happens for 2015 then anyone doing it will start a new thread. :)
Until the nights get dark and the days cold I never think of Morocco until then...

The other advantage of this thread and even the Morocco 2013 thread is if taken time and read through and notes made by people who have not been before but interested they are a mine of information, if you havea sense of adventure and prepared to accept you are in Africa, go for it I would not have missed it for anything and who knows we could go back for a 3rd time.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Peoples,

If you could please tell me how to start a new thread I will put one up titled Morocco 2015 but I won't be seeing much of it until we get back 1st October.

Thanks,
Norman.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Correct me if I am wrong but did VWalan say that this year was not the year to visit Morroco given Ebola and the problems with the Sunni population in other countries. Am asking as I respect his advice as he has been many many times .

Forgive me if I am wrong as could be a senior moment !!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ebola is quite a difficult disease to catch unless you are virtually living with someone who has it. Also the outbreak in West Africa is a long way from Morocco with a great big desert between them. The disease is being spread by the movement of people so you could bump into a sufferer almost anywhere but I don't think the disease is any more a threat to Morocco than it is to say southern Spain or Tilbury docks or Ilminster, both place where illegal immigrants have been pick up this week - not that they had come from an ebola region but they could have done.

The threat from IS is a concern but I don't see any specific need to worry about Morocco and a backlash against the West has been a possible for at least the last decade but again I don't see Morocco as where it might happen. Morocco didn't take part in the Arab Spring.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back