Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
Hello Marjohn, as already mentioned the are a few members planning a trip to Morocco in January. Watch the forum nearer the time.

You can refill gas bottles in Morocco mainly Butane. There are also a couple of places you can have propane filled. Never used them, follow Suggy's comments - he is very experienced with gas....:ROFLMAO:

You might find it useful to follow this link HERE to give you lots of information regarding Morocco. For more detail as suggested read the theBroken Link Removedthread.

When I have time I will update the google map with the gas locations I know of.

Hope the above helps you. :thumb:
hello many thanks for your help i would like to meet up with people at a rally before we go it would be helpful thanks marjohn:Smile:

marjohn

Free Member
Jun 25, 2013
lowestoft
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 years
As the time nears for this "meet up". I thought maybe a good idea to start a new thread as the adventure begins. A big thanks to Dave (snowbird) who originaly started the idea and no doubt expected 1 or 2 vans to join him, :Doh:

We still have a potential 12 - 14 vans who will meet on Tuesday 15th January at Algeciras. Some are already in Spain and moving closer to the port town, others like myself are still in UK and making a mad dash, leaving within the next few days.

I know many Funsters will be following the thread and checking on our progress, so lets do our best to provide information, pictures, highlights and hopefully no tales of woe...

MOROCCO. 2013. - Here we go. :thumb:
wouldnt be better to erase this one and start a fresh one for 2014 i would love to go in janaury 2014 its been god reading last years thanks marjohn:Smile:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
wouldnt be better to erase this one and start a fresh one for 2014 i would love to go in janaury 2014 its been god reading last years thanks marjohn:Smile:

As you have said, It's been good to read.. There will be others who may like to read it so no it's wont be erased, Unless Jim wants to do it...
There is already a Morocco 2014 thread that has been started... You have posted on it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
For gods sake dont erase this one it full of usefull information that lots of us refer back to and for those who have a wish to try Morocco to get a idea of whats involved
I for one never thought of doing this till I started reading this thread
It would be a crime

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Oops, I missed the erase bit.

Yes to a nice clean declaration of intent thread though. It's not that far off now.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its far easier than you might think . much easier now than in 76 my first time . they used to book all your surfboards ,push bikes on your passport . getting through the border could take all day . now its up to us to mess them around .ha ha .one year they even tried booking wet suits as theyt realized we were selling them to moroccans . those were the days .
hide any cb radio,s they some times take them off you at the border for picking up when leaving . but hide them .
its changing fast over there . so get there before its changed completely .
have fun . be patient and dont bribe . crossing the border is free.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Don't erase it, but it might be appropriate to close it to further comment while leaving it as a reference source. Then concentrate new comments on the 2014 thread.

Just a thought.

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I did request Jim to move peter and elaine's thread of Morocco 2014 up into the rally meet section but no reply.. Nor to me PM I sent him last week :cry:

I will start a new one and we can all move forward from there, When Jim is less busy after shows maybe he can make it a sticky or something...

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Don't erase it, but it might be appropriate to close it to further comment while leaving it as a reference source. Then concentrate new comments on the 2014 thread.

I agree

Reading through the other posts looks like there might be a few groups going to Morocco this year....

When I think back this is what we did last year, by the end of the trip we were part of the 'Front Runners' - around six vans whilst others were 'Tail Enders' Even then, when on the move we were in smaller groups of 3 vans often arranging to meet up at sites. I think it would have been difficult checking-in\touring with 12+ vans with everyone wanting to travel at different times/speeds and wanting to visit different places.

After our travels in Spain our intention next year is to head straight to the south of Morocco at some point in January - no particular destinations or set times, going with the flow at the time. Also looking forward to La Bella Vista meet up. Arranged habitation and service today.....getting ready for the off!

It will be good to start a thread nearer the time, so that we can all keep in contact and maybe meet up whilst travelling in "Morocco 2014 Season 2"

Irene1

Free Member
Sep 26, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Since 2007
Irene

Hi. Have just joined and am v interested in joining your group to morocco. I need some more info as have not yet got the hang of the site. How long is the trip, what is itinery etc. am in Spain at the moment and could leave van here and pick it up at a later date for the trip

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Irene ( my wife;s name...)..
This is an old thread BUT if you read it all it will give you a god insite on Morocco and what is needed..

We now have a new thread for the next adventure, so post any new questions here..
Broken Link Removed

BE AWARE It's not a group trip.. There are no plans for anyone to visit set places or even stay together all the time... More a help to show the ropes as so many did for us when we went in 2013...

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Just like to thank everyone on this thread its been a great read and full of information and well done for taking the time to pass on so much info.

Paul

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Glad you enjoyed it. You can now find and read Morocco 2014. Then 2015.!! :)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years

I'm just working my way through them now , we will be heading there mid Dec , thanx again for info .

Paul

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
There is some responses to this same question in the current Morocco 2016 thread.

A number of us have taken dogs and the process is very straight forward. Please see the detailed responses or pm me for more.

Colin

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
There is some responses to this same question in the current Morocco 2016 thread.

A number of us have taken dogs and the process is very straight forward. Please see the detailed responses or pm me for more.

Colin
Hi Colin..

I have searched the 2013 - 2016 threads and can't find a detailed response.. they are huge threads, searching brings up pages of replies..

Would it be possible to make this information public rather than by private message .. ? A new post in the travel forum entitled Taking your pet to Morocco would make the information readily available and easy to find.. rather than buried in a long thread..

As I understand it, in addition to the Pet Passport.. the dog requires a blood test to show that the Rabies vaccination was successful. The blood sample for the test must be taken at least 30 days after the vaccination. Did you do this ?

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/travel-outside-the-eu

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i took mine every year for just about all its life .
she left uk before the pets passport scheme started but did have the return papers .
at one time you had to hang around in the eu for 3 months before returning to uk . if you had took the dog to morocco.
mine had the original 2 rabies jabs and the blood test.
many eu dogs had not ever had a blood test and got back into the eu. it was uk that you needed it for .
then after a rabies scare in france in about 2003 spain sometimes asked for the blood test results . sometimes not . i know several dutch and germans that had to create a real fuss to be able to get back into spain.
if you are taking the dog to morocco i say get a blood test its peace of mind .
i believe there is still a 3 month in eu before bringing your dog back to uk .
as the dogs passport isnt stamped . you could have left your dog with a friend that lives in spain . nod nod .
i also say get the blood test even for going to eu then its covered if uk ever makes a change while you are away.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
It only seems to say three month wait after blood test if dog does not have eu passport. Is there more information we have to source?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It only seems to say three month wait after blood test if dog does not have eu passport. Is there more information we have to source?

.. from another post in the Morocco 2015 thread.. this looks correct..

You need an up to date Pet Passport and if you want to go to Maroc you will need the blood test certificate (International Veterinary Certificate) which tells anyone anywhere that your dog has been vaccinated for rabies and that the vaccination is conclusive from the blood test.

You can take your dog to Maroc but without the blood test certificate, you won't get back into Spain or any where else for that matter. However when we came back last April they never even checked our passports let alone the dogs. They are more interested in illegal Moroccans and contraband which they may be bringing in.

They were lots of Brits, Dutch, Germans, Belgians and especially French with dogs in Maroc when we were there. We heard of no issues whatsoever with re-entry from the African Continent back into Spain.

If/when you board the train at Euro tunnel, they will ask you where you've been. You will have had to have visited a Vet en route in France to get the passport stamped and the have the vet administer the worming tablet (take your own to save a few Euros). Without the blood test cert they could refuse you entry back into the UK or put the dog in quarantine.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We bought our first Hymer in Feb 2013, if we’d bought it earlier we’d have joined you!

We’ve heard so many brilliant stories of this trip from Funsters we now count as friends - and we know we missed a ‘good ‘un’!

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Hard to believe that was 9 years ago, how time flies. Great memories.
2013? That was our first visit and the year we broke down at Tagazhoute and had to wait for 2 weeks for a part to clear Customs at Casablanca. Fortunately we were parked on frontline facing the sea within walking distance of the town with its shops and cafes so ot was no hardship
Tagazhoute is now covered in all inclusive hotels and a golf course.
it was also the year we woke to find ourselves surrounded by a couple of hundred camels that has escaped their herder.
some Funsters might recognise themselves

Attachments

• FD02D94E-665D-4BA0-96CC-C0DFBD39A993.jpeg
    FD02D94E-665D-4BA0-96CC-C0DFBD39A993.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 00FDD0F0-1B93-4D6D-88C0-CCB220C1C20C.jpeg
    00FDD0F0-1B93-4D6D-88C0-CCB220C1C20C.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 28
  • C726D43A-8C07-4F13-982B-5325A4EE0292.jpeg
    C726D43A-8C07-4F13-982B-5325A4EE0292.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 26
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A great thread. Our first trip was in 2015 and our most memorable, hooking up with some great Funsters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back