Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
morocco ferry tickets

Hi,

it may be a good idea to wait until everyone has arrived so that we can purchase our tickets together to get a better price.
Hopefully a better negotiating position with more numbers :)

S

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,

it may be a good idea to wait until everyone has arrived so that we can purchase our tickets together to get a better price.
Hopefully a better negotiating position with more numbers :)

S

Hi Sue, Tell Juan Carlos its the English camping car club that he received an email from with price of 190 Euros return any length and open ended return. You have my email with confirmation of price. I think its best if you all go in together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to respond,

Sue

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Well, here we are pitched up at Lidl, Algeciras. Are we the first to arrive or are others also here? If yes, we are 3 rows back from the road..... look for MHF sticker on w/screen.

An incredible number of MH's here, probably 40+ all nationalities........ hope they are not all trying to get on our boat/ferry/thingy:ROFLMAO:
Done the Lidl shopping had something to eat in the cafeteria in Carrefour (called Nostrus) which is an experience I do not intend to repeat!!!

Any idea what time you are all arriving ? We need to shoot off to Gib in the morning on a bit of business so would be helpful to know ETA. Looking forward to putting faces to names, sometime tomorrow.

Best regards, Bryan (and Anna)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi,

We are about half an hour away at La Bella Vista.
We have 5 vans here. Some are leaving about 9am (keen) and me and Criszuk about midday (chilled), so we havent forgotten you :ROFLMAO:

Not sure where Tonka is at the mo. No doubt winging his way to you as we speak ::bigsmile:riving2:

S:Cool:

Last edited:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hi,

We are about half an hour away at La Bella Vista.
We have 5 vans here. Some are leaving about 9am (keen) and me and Criszuk about midday (chilled), so we havent forgotten you :ROFLMAO:

Not sure where Tonka is at the mo. No doubt winging his way to you as we speak ::bigsmile:riving2:

S:Cool:
Thanks for the info Sue. We will shoot off to Gib first thing and aim at being back lunch time (ish). The office for Viajes Normandie is actually on the side of Lidl..... if that is the office we are looking for. I know that Juan Carlos has more than one outlet. The one at Lidls' is open until 10:00pm

Regards Bryan

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
proper poorly

I am sitting up feeling sorry for myself with a honking sore throat :cry: at the moment. Not sure what time I will get off to sleep. Whenever that is I know I shall cough for most of the night :cry: so not sure when I will get up in the morning but it will be during the morning.

As we are only a few miles away I reckon I should be at LIDL by lunchtime. I will check in with any one of us who is there before doing a bit of shopping for 'essentials'.

Good luck all

I promise to try and avoid showering you with the lurgy.

Malcolm

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I am sitting up feeling sorry for myself with a honking sore throat :cry: at the moment.

I promise to try and avoid showering you with the lurgy.

Malcolm

Ohhh nooo :Doh:

If you need anything, just hang your head out of your window:roflmto::Cool:

Got some t c p if any use

S

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A Mcdonalds.. yipee.. Free internet..!!!:thumb:

Well it's quite windy here sat outside the Donalds but it's dry and sunny..
I think we have at least 10 of us on site from my last count.... From my last known list there are 12 vans going...

As mentioned the new ticket office is attached to Lidl, been in and we have the agreed rate of €190, tickets and all paperwork in hand. Plus the free Cider and cake.. We are on the 10am ferry.. MOROCCO BOUND...

No doubt everyone here will group together and we will get organised later on when all the cars have moved off the Lidl carpark.. All going to plan so far.. Even met another Funster who is travelling through... Sure. more updates will follow..

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I think Snowbird mentioned earlier that the price was for open return for 190 Euros a good price indeed, we paid 220 euro return about 4 years ago.

Just check that the tickets are open ended, there has been problems in the past of tickets being sold that are returns but in fact they were singles.

Have a safe journey.

Pat

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The tickets are open ended returns at 190 euros any length, with or without a trailer/towcar. I had confirmation by email from Juan Carlos himself.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
The tickets are open ended returns at 190 euros any length, with or without a trailer/towcar. I had confirmation by email from Juan Carlos himself.

Our tickets are paid for as above. Departure 10 am Ferry tomorrow. The office is very organised.

Thanks Snowbird!:thumb:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
No doubt the group, who are presently gathered at Lidl, Algeciras, will have a "sundowner" meet later today to discuss things in general. High on the "agenda" will be a vote of thanks to Dave (Snowbird) who by his earlier efforts made the purchase of tickets etc., so easy and at a great price.

We all hope that you may be able to join us later in the trip... in the meantime, be strong !!

Best regards, Bryan (& Anna)

Salmonfisher

Free Member
Jun 17, 2012
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Morroco

Hey Tonka. We are watching you all with interest and good and safe journey to you all. We would so have loved to be on the trip with you. My self ,I am out of hospital now and on the mend. We will hopefully be in Portugal from March on. Maybe hook up with you then. All members of the tour stay safe, wish we were there. John/Chris

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We to would like to wish all the Moroccan bound Funsters Bon Voyage and safe travels. We hope you all enjoy your Moroccan adventure. Please keep us all posted when you can. But above all else. Have FUN.

Brisey &Pam.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Enjoy the trip guys n gals. Looking forward to reading about your adventures in this thread and over a beer with some of you when you next pitch up at a rally:thumb: Have Fun::bigsmile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Heavans above, I feel as if I am there with you all, have a amazing time, its a country just made to travel in, I bet its not long before the word biblecal will cpme to mind, try not to judge it be the standards in the UK its just different, I thought if the locals don't have hot water in there showers why should I expect it.

In fact a lot of places still get the water from the local well, enjoy it all, keep us in touch, we so look forward to your travel reports, All have a safe and wonderful trip. Carol. :Smile:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
It is now 0800 (16/1) and the plan is to kick off for the ferry at 0830. The tickets are bought, the paper work is complete and all that remains is to ....... not miss the boat. After completion of formalities on arrival, find SIM cards, arrange data cards etc., we will head off for Asilah a short drive from Tanger Med. More later.

Regards, Bryan (& Anna)

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Wakey Wakey !!

11 Funster vans off to morocco...

WATCH THIS SPACE..

Wagons roll ( in a bit ). ::bigsmile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hope you all have a great time.::bigsmile:

Stay safe:thumb:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Arrived all safe with 11 vans at Assilah...

Got me sim card..::bigsmile:

Raining but we are happy... negotiated 30dh for overnight parking....
More to follow, this is a test from the telecom shop.. :thumb:

ValinFrance

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Lovely jubbly, Asilah (soooo jealous, loved it there!) - ask the guardians if they recall an English couple who gave them whisky to stay last Feb (in an old French Pilote MH!)

Attachments

• Asilah (21).jpg
    Asilah (21).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread