Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

What with our own boat, need our own fuel tanker too, the fuel station in Morocco is gona flip if we all go in and fuel up at once lol.

We going into the new port Tangier med or Tangier the city port itself.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think they all go into Tangier Med now. We did last year anyway. Its much easier now, no hassle getting out of Tangier. You come out of the port and straight on the new motorway south. Fuel is at a M/way services, just like the UK at around 20kms. As long as you dont get stuck behind me filling 235 litres you will be fine ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Thats just greedy! :ROFLMAO:

Oh just to make you jealous its about 21 deg's here now, whats the weather like back in blighty. haha

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
No worries.....We have our own Funboat ::bigsmile:
Aye, once owned by a bloke named Noah. :ROFLMAO:

I really wish that Rita and I were in a position to do this trip with you Dave, as it's the only way we'd ever go to Morocco as first timers. Good luck with the meet. :thumb:

At 235ltrs, I'm assuming your mate has managed to fit those extra tanks to your latest bus? :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Jock, Its a pity your not coming pal, I know you would have enjoyed it. Regarding the Funboat, considering we all live on an island it would make more sense the funsters clubbing together and buying a boat instead of a plot of land to turn into a campsite :winky:.
Your right about the long range fuel tanks, I cant manage without them, for me its a must have accessory.

sue & dave

Free Member
Jul 23, 2011
somewhere out there !!!
Funster No
MH
A class rv
Exp
since March 2008
Thanks for the great advice Dave, just as you said, the garage was 20 km from the port, diesel was 83dh per litr the water was free::bigsmile: we changed some £ on the port on the way out and got 13.42dh to the pound. We got a dongle and a sim card just a 5 min walk from here.
Everyone here has something to sell or exchange for alcahol, Lidl had some ltr cartons of wine for .65 euro (about 53p) we should have brought loads.
look forward to meeting up next year.

Sue & Dave

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am sure she means 8.3 to the pound. Thats not a bad rate as they are only quoting around 13.7 on the trade today.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Solar Panels

Ok so am thinking about ordering some solar panels from ebay?

is it worth it, and how big do you go, could just about fit 2x100w about £300 off ebay, is that over the top, should i start off at 100w, i know it depends on how much free camping you do, and how much power you use, Have done free camping before but maybe not as long as i might do in Morocco.

64 million dollar question, who can answer it lol :Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
could just about fit 2x100w about £300 off ebay

You can't have too many simply because that 100W is pure fiction. It's only when the panel is angled directly into hot bright sunshine. Put it flat on your roof and you immediately lose around 30%. Winter and time is limited. And for most of us we have clouds.

If you can afford and have room to fit 2 do it.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Thanks hilldweller, i think most of the free camping is going to be in Morocco will be over there for 6 weeks + and want to free camp as much as poss, so will be expecting lots of sun. The previous owner fitted the M/H out with extra 12volt sockets and a 1000w inverter, 3 batteries, and he had a 200w panel on the roof but took it off when selling it.

The money head says to me £300 is a lot for a few weeks a year free camping ?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks hilldweller, i think most of the free camping is going to be in Morocco will be over there for 6 weeks + and want to free camp as much as poss, so will be expecting lots of sun. The previous owner fitted the M/H out with extra 12volt sockets and a 1000w inverter, 3 batteries, and he had a 200w panel on the roof but took it off when selling it.

The money head says to me £300 is a lot for a few weeks a year free camping ?

Hi Chris, as in most things to do with motorhoming, its not about how long it will take to get your money back. Its to do with convenience. Solar panels will take a long time before you get your money back,if ever. But knowing you can have a light on or take a shower whenever you want without worrying if the batteries will hold out is more than enough to cover the cost. This year I fitted a Nature Pure water filter at quite considerable cost, and I know I would be able to buy an awful lot of bottled water for the cost of it, BUT, its the convenience of not having to carry bottles of drinking water everywhere that out ways the initial cost.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

Was just discussing this over dinner when someone said £300 for solar panels, thats a lot of diesel running the engine for an hour to top up the batteries, to run a few lights at night, water pump, prob not going to get tv ? so how much power you going to need??? mmmmm good point i said.

will give it more thought? anymore suggestions always welcome.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
crizatuk;679524 thats a lot of diesel running the engine for an hour to top up the batteries[/QUOTE said:
Do that and you'll not be welcome for very long, you can be sure of that.

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Arrrr never thought of that lol

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Our "Tabbie" flew thru her MOT (Spanish) this morning. All that remains is a service next week, stock the van and we are ready for the off........ Roll on January !!

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Can all funsters who are going on this trip please check your emails and reply.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi dave.all ok in spain 19c in alicante.
you need lots of solar and batteries .then you can run twintub wahing machines etc. soon get your money back. wedont use sites anywhere .havent hooked the camper up to 240 since it was built. power fridge and freezer at home via the solar in summer.
you lot have a good time .i, not going over this year but you will enjoy it .
cheers alan. got free wifi here first time this trip.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is the final call for this winters Moroccan tour. Anyone else interested please let me know in the next few days please. We will be meeting up behind the Carrefour in Algeciras on 15/16 January.
If anyone would like a leisurely drive down through Europe we will be leaving Calais on 28 December.
This is the list of members meeting at Algeciras.
Snowbird.
Bryandh.
Nodrogski.
Tonka.
Cydersyd.
Gaudie.
Suggy.
Makems.

Hi, I now have builder & plumber here + between Xmas and the N.Year - probably until summer at this rate - yippee! :cry:

I'm afraid I can't put this off as it's re-plastering blown walls/fireplace out/laying floors & sorting out the heating system etc.. as & when they can fit me in.

Anyway - there's next year if you go again & all is well. In the meantime I hope you all have a great trip - I'll follow your exploits as they come up on here - and kick & swear at myself repeatedly! :swear:

Angie

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Update from me, Guys....
Been away in Spain at apartment for a few week. Now back in UK and catching up on things... We are still on for the trip and plan to leave UK on 9th January to arrive at the meet point on 15/16th Jan.

Innoculations already done a while back. :thumb:
My van tax was waiting in the post, so good timing there, just renewed online :thumb:
Breakdown cover, my insurance is due on 12th January and have checked out Comfort as recommended. They have a claim back system for recovery costs incurred while in Morocco and their prices are about the same as Safeguard (my current company) so looks like taking the policy with them this year. :thumb:
Medical insurance, strangely that's due for renewal as well !!! Co-incidence as it was took out for the Marjal trip last year. So I'll double check on the Morocco cover and then another thing sorted. :thumb:

Just got to have a habitation service done to maintain my warentee...

I love it when a plan comes together...::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The van is sitting outside like a carrot dangling in front of a donkey. All fuelled up and almost loaded apart from the fridge. I cant get Christmas over with quick enough now. Let the good times roll :thumb:.
Looks like there will be three of us travelling through France and Spain together so we should be well into the holiday mood by the time we get down to Algeciras.

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Have a good journey down Dave. I hope you and your companions have a safe and uneventful trip.

Looking forward to meeting up in Algeciras.

Regards to all travelers.

Cydersyd.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.