Moroccan Routes and Road Trips (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
A while back I was approached by Jim and asked if I would like to contribute to his new magazine. In response, I proposed we bring in TerryL and we jointly produced an article for our members. The document below is part of the article and I have been requested to publish it here. Please bear in mind this article is aimed at first time visitors to Morocco.

Morocco. Recommended Routes to Most Visited locations.
Most, if not all motor-home visitors to Morocco go to many of the locations I have put in the ‘A Funsters Guide to Morocco’ document and to further assist members, I have added some route recommendations that will help Funsters get to these places. Again, I have kept this very simple and chosen well used and popular routes that are on good to reasonable roads and where possible include scenic drives.
The first route is a speed route involving Toll roads and is designed to get you as quickly as possible on good roads far enough south to be guaranteed good weather. I have added a couple of stop-overs as this will take 2-3 days driving. There will be other options for stop-overs along this route and these can be found in Camper Contact or Park4night.
The next 2 routes are based on departing from Tafroute and heading to the desert area of Erg Chebbi. The Southernmost route is very scenic, good roads and more direct than the Northern route. The Northern route uses the route of a thousand Kasbahs and well visited tourist destinations including scenic locations.
The final route is the route back to Tangier Med visiting more must-see places such as Meknes, Volubilis, Chefchaouen and includes scenic drives.

Link 1. Speed Route South. (Toll Roads)

Link 2. Tafroute to Erg Chebbi. Southern Scenic Route.

Link 3. Tafroute to Erg Chebbi via the route of a thousand Kasbahs.

Link 4. Erg Chebbi to Tangier Med Ferry Port, Via Meknes, Volubilis and Chefchaouen.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Thanks for sharing. Hoping to spend winter 2020/21 in Morocco.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thankyou for these.

This is really helpful. I use RoadTrip planner for planning so have exported your maps in KML format and then converted to GPX so they can be imported. If anyone needs help to get them in this format then pm me and I can email them to you or I guess I can add them into resources

Apr 24, 2019
Pocklington, York, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
10 years
Many thanks, heading there 3rd Jan in our Autotrail Cheyenne. Our second trip, the first one was 11 years ago, to Agadir with a caravan. so no doubt will see lots of changes? Thanks also for all your informative comments on the forum, much appreciated. Allen & Jean

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back