Morelo - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Having a car with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is a wonderful thing, just wonderful (said in a Trump kinda way) so I thought to add one to my Morelo.

Now I posted about the one I purchased a little while ago but the reason for this update is that we have now used it for our first trip away (last weekend).

The first thing to say is that I am embarrassed. Yes, it is possible!

When installing this system, I noticed that my tyre pressures were all over the place and not one of them was the same, out of the 6, one was quite a bit lower than it should have been (sorry, I know I should have recorded them at the time to give more context to that statement but it was quite low).

So I set them all correct and set off on our first trip. What a difference it makes to the handling. I was amazed, to be honest.

Of course, as I expected, the TPMS started beeping all over the place showing tyre pressure differences on two tyres (not dangerously low but out of parameters) and it was such as distraction, I turned it off.

I think the issues are two-fold.

One, I set the parameters of when the alert should sound myself in the system setup and I think, through inexperience, I set them too sensitive (not a large enough range from being OK to "tell me about it") and point two, when I inflated them it was warm and sunny and last weekend it was cold so there is a difference there too. I suppose a third factor is how accurately the system reads the pressure in the tyre.

Overall, I think I will find the correct balance such that normally it is quiet but will alert me when there is an issue but what that looks like is another question. I think I set the alarm to sound when the pressure drops by 5psi. If you have such a system, can you tell me what you set yours to please?

And, overall, the lesson is, check your tyre pressures before leaving - how many of you really do that, (honestly now)?

And lastly, if Morelo is watching any of these threads, can you please include such an important safety system into your range? It's not that expensive to do in the manufacturing process and it really is unforgivable that it isn't there already.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Having a car with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is a wonderful thing, just wonderful (said in a Trump kinda way) so I thought to add one to my Morelo.

Now I posted about the one I purchased a little while ago but the reason for this update is that we have now used it for our first trip away (last weekend).

The first thing to say is that I am embarrassed. Yes, it is possible!

When installing this system, I noticed that my tyre pressures were all over the place and not one of them was the same, out of the 6, one was quite a bit lower than it should have been (sorry, I know I should have recorded them at the time to give more context to that statement but it was quite low).

So I set them all correct and set off on our first trip. What a difference it makes to the handling. I was amazed, to be honest.

Of course, as I expected, the TPMS started beeping all over the place showing tyre pressure differences on two tyres (not dangerously low but out of parameters) and it was such as distraction, I turned it off.

I think the issues are two-fold.

One, I set the parameters of when the alert should sound myself in the system setup and I think, through inexperience, I set them too sensitive (not a large enough range from being OK to "tell me about it") and point two, when I inflated them it was warm and sunny and last weekend it was cold so there is a difference there too. I suppose a third factor is how accurately the system reads the pressure in the tyre.

Overall, I think I will find the correct balance such that normally it is quiet but will alert me when there is an issue but what that looks like is another question. I think I set the alarm to sound when the pressure drops by 5psi. If you have such a system, can you tell me what you set yours to please?

And, overall, the lesson is, check your tyre pressures before leaving - how many of you really do that, (honestly now)?

And lastly, if Morelo is watching any of these threads, can you please include such an important safety system into your range? It's not that expensive to do in the manufacturing process and it really is unforgivable that it isn't there already.
I’m stunned that a van of this price doesn’t have one as standard, given that all new cars have them.

I inherited a tyrepal system on my van. About as much use as a chocolate fire guard. It decides completely at random which tyres it will give a readout for, even after the batteries have been changed (again). Everybody raves about how good they are, but this system has been an issue since day one.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Like you our first trip was so many beeps I turned it off but once I re set the parameters to 20% above all was good no false alarms now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I checked and adjusted my tyre pressures after a 100mile drive to the new forest. Rear ones were down quite a bit Returning the same way there was a 10% reduction in fuel consumption. It makes a big difference.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I got caught out with the high temp warning, frightened the life out of me when it started beeping. I think I reset it to 85° & the high pressure is set to +20%.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have the tyre pal system set to alarm at 15% differential. Haven’t had any issues with it except it can be a little difficult to read the pressures in some conditions. Larger readout would be better.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have this one,

Unknown.jpg

TC215B it scrolls all the tyres and flashes the one being shown on the readout, nice and easy to read.

Martin

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks to one and all for that. I'll adjust my settings once the weather warms up a bit; too cold out there for playing today

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I’m stunned that a van of this price doesn’t have one as standard, given that all new cars have them.

I inherited a tyrepal system on my van. About as much use as a chocolate fire guard. It decides completely at random which tyres it will give a readout for, even after the batteries have been changed (again). Everybody raves about how good they are, but this system has been an issue since day one.

My partners Fiat 500 has more factory fitted tech that this expensive motorhome; there is clearly a need for Morelo to match the wonderful looks and build quality with a major tech update in my opinion.

If they're looking for any assistance in that area, Morelo, you have my contact details. Maybe I'll start a thread here to ask what tech is considered "essential" and what is "desirable'.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I always walk round and kick each Tyre, never let me down in last 50 years l sometimes get a slight variation if I wear rubber soles or leather ones:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We have this one,

View attachment 281378

TC215B it scrolls all the tyres and flashes the one being shown on the readout, nice and easy to read.

Martin
That is one that I have that is the motorhoming equivalent of the chocolate fireguard that has defeated both mine and the dealers efforts to get working properly. And no, it doesn’t need a signal booster for the rear tyres, it is just totally random in which ones it decides to report on each cycle.....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That is one that I have that is the motorhoming equivalent of the chocolate fireguard that has defeated both mine and the dealers efforts to get working properly. And no, it doesn’t need a signal booster for the rear tyres, it is just totally random in which ones it decides to report on each cycle.....
Ours just does as it should Front right, Rear right outside, Rear right inside etc etc, great bit of kit in my experience but there you go.

Martin

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
@DuxDeluxe ours works fine but only had it for 18 months, a few set up issues but once set it works as it should,
Have you spoke to the suppliers they are very helpful.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Ours just does as it should Front right, Rear right outside, Rear right inside etc etc, great bit of kit in my experience but there you go.

Martin
Martin, I was waiting for some to say that. It does that as it is supposed to, but most of the time it will only read out random wheels. Some not at all. Then next time different wheels with no readout. Then sometimes none. Then again it works but only for 4 out of 6. Then again a different few wheels. It is garbage

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
@DuxDeluxe ours works fine but only had it for 18 months, a few set up issues but once set it works as it should,
Have you spoke to the suppliers they are very helpful.
It is five years old and yes I have changed the batteries

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Are you allowing for the pressure differences caused by varying temperatures? I set ours up at 10 psi each way, because 60 is still enough to hold tyre on rim.

We ve got the solar one, tbh it was a bit of a pain to set up but seems to work reliably and I do feel a bit more comfortable that I'm likely to get a bit of notice of any imminent issues.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have one and it's an expensive one and it's a nightmare. !!!!

Pairing the senors was a nightmare, everytime it turns off you have to reset it and then it had the audacity to bleep at me because one of my tyres was outside the range I authorised for it. How was I to know that whenI set all my pressures at 59 psi, the moment I start driving and they warm up the pressures increase? jeez. talk about needing to be degree educated at Oxford for these things to work.

On my car every year or so it simply says, oi, Paul, check ya tyres fella, could be a problem. end of.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I have one and it's an expensive one and it's a nightmare. !!!!

Pairing the senors was a nightmare, everytime it turns off you have to reset it and then it had the audacity to bleep at me because one of my tyres was outside the range I authorised for it. How was I to know that whenI set all my pressures at 59 psi, the moment I start driving and they warm up the pressures increase? jeez. talk about needing to be degree educated at Oxford for these things to work.

On my car every year or so it simply says, oi, Paul, check ya tyres fella, could be a problem. end of.
That must be a different system to the one we have Paul, ours-once set to the correct parameters it never has given us one problem.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I have
I swear it's the most amazing piece of equipment I have ever seen......

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Well @haganap our one was a doodle to set up once I set the parameters were corrected, by me +20%

Yes Steve, but you have a physics degree and a batchelor of honours from the School of Hard knocks. I am just an idiot

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Yes Steve, but you have a physics degree and a batchelor of honours from the School of Hard knocks. I am just an idiot
Do not worry Paul we can share our limited education over a nice bottle of malt while Nicky and Denise discuss hand bags (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back