Morelo Palace (14 Viewers)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We re paying £8.20 Paul but its an extra £2 if you want dodgy EHU :LOL:.

Facilities are quite good - think reasonable spanish.

Cracking bargain still though at £8.20 per night, could just a few months there with you, if it wasn't for that bloody work thing.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Here's a very knowledgeable Morelo owner trying to sell his 'coachbuilt' vehicle, with 'cab air on' and 'body air on'.

Really descriptive advert NOT.
He's got an excuse though ,look where he lives!:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Oh dear. Now looks like Morelo maybe off the short list unfortunately. I have been looking at an 'up to date' :ROFLMAO: 2019 online price list and adding options to the stated 1.890 kg payload, only to find out from a dealer, that it's actually only 1.540kg payload. A massive difference you'll agree. I have just checked with my price list that Morelo sent me, and it's also in there at the said lower figure. With all options added, it only leaves 523kg. We tow a small car, and with the A-Frame that is close to 1000kg, so not going to be anywhere near the train weight allowance, not with everything else needed for full time living etc. Now you would think that the two price lists would be the same wouldn't you - NOT. Disappointing to say the least. Oh well, the search continues..

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
OK..panic over. Dealer just phoned me and he confirmed with the factory that it's the higher payload that counts - thank god for that, I just started looking at Niesmann's as well, lovely van that they are. For any prospective buyer, it now seems that the online price list and specification is correct. Phew.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK..panic over. Dealer just phoned me and he confirmed with the factory that it's the higher payload that counts - thank god for that, I just started looking at Niesmann's as well, lovely van that they are. For any prospective buyer, it now seems that the online price list and specification is correct. Phew.
Phew, I can feel the relief from here, Niesmann vans are indeed very nice and the styling is great but for useable space especially kitchen space the Morelo Palace trumps the Flair IMO.

Martin

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Phew, I can feel the relief from here, Niesmann vans are indeed very nice and the styling is great but for useable space especially kitchen space the Morelo Palace trumps the Flair IMO.

Martin

From what I've seen Martin I totally agree. Not been inside a flair to be honest, but have a Morelo, and you can just tell that the flair just don't cut it side by side IMO.

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Whilst I'm at it... does anyone know if there is an air awning or similar that will fit the new Morelo Palace, bearing in mind the higher position of the integrated awning which sits right on top of the van?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
From what I've seen Martin I totally agree. Not been inside a flair to be honest, but have a Morelo, and you can just tell that the flair just don't cut it side by side IMO.
You can have a big kitchen in the 88EK and 92EK but then it seems too big and at the expense of the rest of the van,

IMG_2007.JPG

Then there is the Palace Novel kitchen Below, this is in a loft Premium edition which is discontinued now but it will give you an idea.

IMG_2008.JPG

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Whilst I'm at it... does anyone know if there is an air awning or similar that will fit the new Morelo Palace, bearing in mind the higher position of the integrated awning which sits right on top of the van?
I very much doubt it, that is one thing I am not keen on is the height of the awning and my little legs it would have to be wound right out before I could release the legs.

Martin

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
You can have a big kitchen in the 88EK and 92EK but then it seems too big and at the expense of the rest of the van,

View attachment 283218

Then there is the Palace Novel kitchen Below, this is in a loft Premium edition which is discontinued now but it will give you an idea.

View attachment 283220

Martin

I know, both beautiful kitchens, but don't offer the Island bed layout that we are after.(y)

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I very much doubt it, that is one thing I am not keen on is the height of the awning and my little legs it would have to be wound right out before I could release the legs.

Martin
I doubt it too. Thought maybe there might be someone on here who knew something that i didn't. Oh well.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
If you are having the 6 metre awning I have a Thule G3 Residence Room for the 9200, its the max high one and is comfortable on my Flair. Cost me circa £1400, used once, and I mean one night. A bargain if you want it.;)

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
If you are having the 6 metre awning I have a Thule G3 Residence Room for the 9200, its the max high one and is comfortable on my Flair. Cost me circa £1400, used once, and I mean one night. A bargain if you want it.;)

Thanks Michael, but not in the market quit yet. will only be in a position to buy a van hopefully later on this year. Thanks again.(y)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
IMHO the flair does beat the equivalent morelo on the styling/stylish side , better windows, nicer lockers, nicer fittings, but yes its 2006 since a Flair had a decent kitchen.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Diesels are not disappearing for a long time , yes,emissions will be better,just consider 97% of goods are delivered to shops in UK , Into saying they won,t eventually disappear, other thing about driving into green zones would I take merlot palace into a town or city ,I would NT want my pride and joy get hit when parked. At the moment there are loads of Moreno's here in Spain mainly owned by Germans, size of vehicle is sometimes a problem to site, but, what a machine, parts for home or chassis must be more available than USA built , anyhow if you buy one good luck
Tony A

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Have just got off the phone to Morelo, and the seats should indeed rotate fully to face the couch head on..even with the upgraded air seats.
So, as promised, I tried rotating the driver's seat all the way around (180 degrees) yesterday.

It is possible to do it but it's a pain as there is almost no room for the seat squab to turn as the front of it hits the lounge bench seat cushion (the one normally behind the driver). I managed it eventually by making tiny movements rotating the driver's seat, moving it back and forth as I turned and by slightly crushing the seat squab into the bench seat cushion.

It is quite comfortable when done if slightly exhausting to do; I'm not sure I could have a nap like that Steve (although I needed one by the time I'd done it).

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Michael,

Can you please confirm if the awning you have for sale is the Residence G2 or G3 version as the thread states G3 and the video shows the G2 version

Thanks

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I thought It would be a case of manoeuvring as you turn. I mentioned it a few posts ago - don’t know if you saw it.

It’s easy after you do it a couple of times.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Peter,

Sorry my bad, no intention to deceive, it is the G2 that I have.:(

Michael
That's the last thing I would think Michael.

Now I'm all measured up (and it is the correct size for the Morelo Palace) it's time to discuss it with Senior Management. She was a bit curious when I had the awning out and asked her to hold one end of the tape measure yesterday! (y)

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
So, as promised, I tried rotating the driver's seat all the way around (180 degrees) yesterday.

It is possible to do it but it's a pain as there is almost no room for the seat squab to turn as the front of it hits the lounge bench seat cushion (the one normally behind the driver). I managed it eventually by making tiny movements rotating the driver's seat, moving it back and forth as I turned and by slightly crushing the seat squab into the bench seat cushion.

It is quite comfortable when done if slightly exhausting to do; I'm not sure I could have a nap like that Steve (although I needed one by the time I'd done it).

Sounds like a bit of kerfuffle Pete to be honest. Surely not more shortsightedness? Will you just leave it at that or maybe make a phone call to the factory????

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice one Jon(y) isn't that a MAN badge on the front?

Fibreglass body by the look of it, I will have a google.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well it's a Vas Aster, Italian I believe,