Morelo Palace (3 Viewers)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Peter - I meant to ask on Saturday..would it fully rotate if the handbrake was down (off)? I didn't actually get a visual on it.
No, no. It's the base of the lower seat frame that hits the handbrake mounting, it doesn't hit the handbrake lever.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Does anyone else with a Palace have this problem?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Bloody toffs, eh?
Pays your money and takes your choice I suppose. I always used to say when we were boating, there's always someone with a bigger boat and always someone with a smaller one. Air brakes though are a must have, along with a Jake or similar engine brake, if you can afford the chassis that is. Not sure my Cockney accent would get me classed as a Toff in polite society, although I can do a good "air of superiority" when I try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
No, no. It's the base of the lower seat frame that hits the handbrake mounting, it doesn't hit the handbrake lever.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Does anyone else with a Palace have this problem?
Hi Peter

Do you think it's just something affecting yours with comfort seats as I have not noticed in any of the Palace we have been in, and we have been in a few but possibly not tried the seat as far round as you want it to go.

Martin

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007

Oh well, I was hoping it was just the lever. As it's the base, then that's it I think.. Thanks.

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007

I am hoping to speak with Morelo soon when they get back to me. I will ask the question when I do, and let you know what they say in due course.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
This a most informative thread for anyone considering these top-end vehicles.

Having an older N&B Arto we are rather at the 'bottom-end of the top-end', but are only likely to go higher if we change.

Particularly interesting are the comments on factory visits, both here and on other forums.

MH shows have been suggested, but if they are like boat shows the more expensive models will only allow viewings by appointment to avoid 'tyre-kickers'. Is it the same with top-end MHs? If so how far ahead does one have to book? I get the impression that linked factory visits, as suggested by Martin and others, might be more productive.

Anyway thanks very much to everyone for many very useful contributions. Bookmarked for future

Geoff

[Eddie- no RV for me, but then I do not have a brood and muli-sport needs;) How's the 'Lad' doing with John's Cross? Get him to drop us a line.]

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Having an older N&B Arto we are rather at the 'bottom-end of the top-end', but are only likely to go higher if we change.

Particularly interesting are the comments on factory visits, both here and on other forums.

MH shows have been suggested, but if they are like boat shows the more expensive models will only allow viewings by appointment to avoid 'tyre-kickers'. Is it the same with top-end MHs? If so how far ahead does one have to book? I get the impression that linked factory visits, as suggested by Martin and others, might be more productive.

Anyway thanks very much to everyone for many very useful contributions. Bookmarked for future

Geoff

[Eddie- no RV for me, but then I do not have a brood and muli-sport needs;) How's the 'Lad' doing with John's Cross? Get him to drop us a line.]
They tend to have ropes in front of the doors and signs saying "accompanied viewing only". On the Morelo stand with my order in the bag I just walk on and never get challenged, that said Concorde look you up and down if you want to go on the big Centurions, and dont even bother to ask some UK dealers, especially with a cor blimey accent like mine! OK Peter @OurMoreloLife I can put on my international "Toffs" accent on demand!

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I actually saw the Morelo we eventually purchased as it was on show at the Morelo open weekend held in May (every year) and would thoroughly recommend anyone looking seriously to go and see; it is impressive.
You can also do the Concorde factory visit on the same weekend as we did (we hired a car at Nuremberg airport and shuttled between the two sites and our hotel); a great weekend and a lovely part of Germany

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
They tend to have ropes in front of the doors and signs saying "accompanied viewing only". On the Morelo stand with my order in the bag I just walk on and never get challenged, that said Concorde look you up and down if you want to go on the big Centurions, and dont even bother to ask some UK dealers, especially with a cor blimey accent like mine! OK Peter @OurMoreloLife I can put on my international "Toffs" accent on demand!

Thanks

Supplemental question. Do these up-market builders take their small models to the Shows? We are only two persons, and regardless of cost, we only want 8 - 8.5m, garage for scooter, double-floor, island bed etc.

Fortunately living in Poland I do not have to go near UK Dealers, and probably would not even in UK. Their reputations are abysmal and even some of the better ones do not operate in the market we are talking about and cannot get LHD easily.

Geoff

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

Geoff

Asking politely normally does it for us Geoff and we re not posh. they just don't want the door bangers and plug stealers in them.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Im on an enforced quiet day and getting bored now so heres a pic of us, note the blue sky, nice balmy 24c atm
P1030091.JPG

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
P1030092.JPG
P1030093.JPG

Here it is from above

You can see the Palace Liner and Centurion liner in the bottom photo, there are also 3 RMB liners, 2 more concorde liners, 2 carthago maxi liner, several Flairs 2 Clou's, 1 RSL Alcoven Phoenix and more A classes than you will see on most campsites. No desert wagons this year because its been effectively recolonised by the french long termers.

This is Terre D'ocean, 1 of 4 largeish sites within a few miles.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
View attachment 283008 View attachment 283009

Here it is from above

You can see the Palace Liner and Centurion liner in the bottom photo, there are also 3 RMB liners, 2 more concorde liners, 2 carthago maxi liner, several Flairs 2 Clou's, 1 RSL Alcoven Phoenix and more A classes than you will see on most campsites. No desert wagons this year because its been effectively recolonised by the french long termers.

This is Terre D'ocean, 1 of 4 largeish sites within a few miles.

Jon, what is the rough price per night for the sites?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
See the notsilverscreen, that cost us 50 euros from the guy who works on this site 6 years ago and we bought the sunscreen hanging from the blind here 3 years ago for 80 Euros.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
How long have you been there? or intend to?

Its night number 4 at this site and 15 in Morocco. We're intending to be about 6 weeks, we generally do a bit of a circle taking in some beach a bit of historic and then up in the mountains ( stunning roads) and then out to the Gorges Du Dades and the desert bit, we re considering going to the Med coast al Al Hociema because we havent done that bit before but its a long way so will have to see how my domestic credit is going.

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Wouldnt it be safe enough releasing the handbrake when the legs are deployed? Only a partial solution of course.

No good. Apparently, it's the handbrake mounting itself that it hits against.

When I was on the phone to the guy at the factory, he purposely got into a Palace 93 MB and went through the process. He said his chair was fully facing the couch head on. He was testing it with the standard seat, but said it should also do it with the upgrade seat too.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks

Supplemental question. Do these up-market builders take their small models to the Shows? We are only two persons, and regardless of cost, we only want 8 - 8.5m, garage for scooter, double-floor, island bed etc.

Fortunately living in Poland I do not have to go near UK Dealers, and probably would not even in UK. Their reputations are abysmal and even some of the better ones do not operate in the market we are talking about and cannot get LHD easily.

Geoff
Hi Geoff

At Dusseldorf the likes of Morelo have a good selection of vans, at the recent Stuttgart show they had one home and two lofts then Palace, Palace liner and Empire 8 or 9 vans in total I think, this was the 78F Loft which to be fair was a lovely van and under 8 metres the other loft was 82LB at 8.38 metres.

IMG_2304.JPG

The only issue we found was that the garage is a good bit smaller than ours but even the Palace is and with a bar version the front passenger side seat is tight to turn to the table, it does go but its a juggle/jiggle.

Yes they do rope the vans off but once you have spent as long looking as we have they are pretty relaxed about letting you just help yourself as long as there are not other people in the van at the time.

Martin

Last edited:

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
These long build times and the lack of opportunity to test drive these big vehicles say going and staying away for the weekend is the problem.

If you are buying a top end car like a Jag or a Range Rover they will often let you have one for a week so you can see what you do and don't like. Not sure that exsists for any of the plus £250k made to order vehicles.

Also, as amply demonstrated by the notes above about the seat not turning properly, there are so many variations and options on each vehicle I don't believe any manufacturer has actually tried out all combinations and knows everything works exactly as it says on the tin.

I don't have a solution. I do know that however much money you spend you will always end up with a wish or a niggle somewhere and you have to be prepared to accept or work around it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back