Morelo Palace - Analogue Dashboard Clock (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I noticed back in June when we were in France that the dashboard clock had stopped working so investigated it last weekend.

It is 47mm diameter and easily removed by gently pulling it out from the dashboard (it's a tight fit with a rubber O ring around the outside frame of the clock).
Morelo Dashboard Clock Front.jpg

It came out quite easily but I was surprised not to see any wires going to it and quickly realised it must be battery powered. I assumed the battery was dead and therefore I would need to remove the clock back plate. Again, it was easily removed and then I really got a shock. The mechanism is tiny and the whole piece is really not befitting such a vehicle in my view but anyway, we are where we are.

I had to prise the white plastic battery retainer out (see below) to replace the battery and re-inserted it, set the correct time and it now works fine.

Morelo Dashboard Clock Rear.jpg

The battery is a standard SR626SW watch battery (about 7mm diameter) so I went onto Amazon and quickly found a Maxell version which I ordered x 2 to have a spare, the total cost was £3.28 free delivery. They arrived within a couple of days but I was amazed to find I had actually ordered 2 packs of 5 and the cost was still £3.28! (see image below) Quite unbelievable that they are so cheap really.
Search Amazon for "5 x Maxell SR626SW SR626 AG4 377 1.55v Watch Batteries"

Morelo Watch Battery.jpg

Anyway, new battery installed and it's working again (I wrote the date on the inside of the clock back so I know when it stops again when I last changed the battery.

I did look online to see if I could find a replacement if the battery didn't fix the problem and saw a few of similar size for around £5.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The mechanism is tiny and the whole piece is really not befitting such a vehicle in my view but anyway, we are where we are.

Quite so!

I was amazed to find I had actually ordered 2 packs of 5 and the cost was still £3.28! (see image below) Quite unbelievable that they are so cheap really.

I’d have gone for a more expensive battery; one more befitting a Morelo! :D

Ian

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
i did the same with male to male camera connectors anyone want to buy 8?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
We did it online shopping once and Sainsbury's delivered one mushroom (rather than 1 pack)!

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I know Ian but there are some people that like yellow motorbikes when they know they should be red really! :D

Why would I want a slower motorbike? :D

Which of the slower :)whistle:)varieties did/do you have?

Ian

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I pulled our one off as I foolishly assumed Morelo would have had the decency to ensure it was luminated with the rest of the dash, like you I was surprised at how cheap it was. I'm informed my new Empire has an illuminated one, as does the new Palace with the leather dashboard (glovebox)

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Why would I want a slower motorbike? :D

Which of the slower :)whistle:)varieties did/do you have?

Ian
I was only playing with Ian; your bike is a beaut! I wish now that I had taken my bike test years ago.

I now have a Peugeot Django 125cc and happy to give you run any day! :D

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I pulled our one off as I foolishly assumed Morelo would have had the decency to ensure it was luminated with the rest of the dash, like you I was surprised at how cheap it was. I'm informed my new Empire has an illuminated one, as does the new Palace with the leather dashboard (glovebox)
Slowly we make progress.....

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I was only playing with Ian; your bike is a beaut! I wish now that I had taken my bike test years ago.

I now have a Peugeot Django 125cc and happy to give you run any day! :D

All taken in the spirit intended.

While you may not have a bike, it seemed that you were aware that it’s a normal leg-pull by (red) Ducati owners that the yellow ones are slower than the red ones! Hence my question to you.

It’s never too late you know, especially if you’re already riding. :D

Ian

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
cheap indeed, should be made by Rolex at the cost

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Make sure you keep batteries away from kids - they can cause catastrophic internal injuries if swallowed

Declaration of interest- as a paediatric surgeon it was not unusual for me to repair the damage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back