Morelo Palace 2019 (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Sorry Peter I was not meaning to have a go at you although perhaps my post was a little condescending, apologies. I recognize and agree with what you say but in the end support is a major issue. Ulrich who owns Durrwang spent some time explaining the utter seat of the pants production cycle of a MH.
First consider a car's gestation period he said, around 2 years. They build a prototype, then a multiple more which are all tested to destruction. Then they build say 50 (can't remember the number maybe more) and have them driven over a 12 month period for thousands of miles. Tweaking all the time. Then they do a test production run. Then they start production proper. In the MH industry they knock up a prototype and take it to a few shows, get some orders and start production and delivery. Perhaps a slight over simplification. And then Morelo produce what 300 a year maybe less, N+B produce 550 Flairs and Artos a year. Tesla is hitting 5000 a WEEK we know but Ford and others huge numbers.
I said when is my delivery, he said June, I said when in June, when I order my new Audi they say build week 36 delivery 10 days later.
So he said Michael lower your expectations and you will not be so disappointed.

We're all good buddy. :D

I really like the way you take the time to explain stuff and I normally) totally agree with you as you really know your stuff; which I respect hugely. Maybe one day we can chat about managing the MV system too?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Martin,

The carbon graphics Fablon is the same that Adria put on their sonic supreme, my mate has it and has just stripped it off as it is impossible to keep clean and streak free. I asked Stewart, @stewartwebr Peter @OurMoreloLife and Chris ex zcars, all said the graphics were a pain. Sally thinks too much black just absorbs the heat despite the insulation. And whilst the glass panels on the Empire look OK the black and white seems a little dated to me. As to the cupboards they are a virtual copy of my Flair, with the exception that Morelo have a positive locking mechanism compared to the Flairs plastic push to release which I have had 6 fail. Especially now they have gas struts instead of the spring struts. We are having the dark wood which used to be a Trend extra and is now standard. As I said I still struggle with their table tops and as we are having the bar version (because the centre table does not move with the slide out and restricts space) we would like the Concorde style with wood trim edging.
View attachment 257427

So we are progressing and I feel more comfortable with the process, and I truly believe we will have a very good MH for our money with the way they have hiked prices since our order. I am so looking forward to the Atego chassis, it will be like going back to the sedate mile eating comfort of our RV without the porpoising!
I shall be going out to the Stuttgart show in January as the first Palace Liner will be on show and I will be able to agree the final issues once the layout is set in stone!

I'm so jealous! Although I think the 12 tonner is a bit of a beast to get into the smaller sites but you're really experienced and know exactly where you will be taking it no doubt.

I like that they have hiked the prices. Makes mine more affordable second-hand! :) (not that I'm selling of course)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Definitely, just checked as all I knew was the hp rating, 299HP. Why?
Just wondered as the other engine they use in some ategos is the 934 which is a bit lacking in the power area , and seems to work hard :)
9.3 mtrs seems quite a usable size , esp with a slide (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I'm so jealous! Although I think the 12 tonner is a bit of a beast to get into the smaller sites but you're really experienced and know exactly where you will be taking it no doubt.

I like that they have hiked the prices. Makes mine more affordable second-hand! :) (not that I'm selling of course)
Thing is Pete it's only 9.3 metres long or may even be 9.190 depends on how they convert my order to 2019 floorplans. Also the wheel base will be circa 4.5 to 4.8 again depending, compared to 5.1 on the Daily. So much tighter turning circle, shorter wheelbases normally reduces stability a tad however the weight and substance of the MB chassis will more than cancel that out... Well that's my thinking. So apart from the height increase to max 3.7 from my Flair a 3.55 I think it will be a good package. Well I bloody well hope so or Sally will string me up by my thumbs. She will have to reinstate her C with annual medicals which she gave up with on the Flair, settling for 3 yearly for her C1!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We're all good buddy. :D

I really like the way you take the time to explain stuff and I normally) totally agree with you as you really know your stuff; which I respect hugely. Maybe one day we can chat about managing the MV system too?
Not an expert but you should have the USB box in the network, download MasterAdjust and have a gander. Also look up Amperian, their internet gateway device get one and hook it into your star wars internet connectivity and they (MV) can come in and have intercourse with your system. One up the bum no harm done!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Not an expert but you should have the USB box in the network, download MasterAdjust and have a gander. Also look up Amperian, their internet gateway device get one and hook it into your star wars internet connectivity and they (MV) can come in and have intercourse with your system. One up the bum no harm done!

Bloody hell Michael will you say that again in English:D2

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
What don't you understand about one up the bum, no harm done. Sorry, mate of mine went to expensive public school!
To a degree it makes the point, how can your average savvy MH owner cope with electronics which need a 2.1 degree to survive in hostile environments. Which is a shame because they do present some exciting options. However the MH owner who has no idea what his battery state unless it's a green light is at a big disadvantage.
But the argument I would make is why should everything be reduced to the lowest common denominator? Surely the way forward is those that struggle should be offered options to learn, very philosophical sorry

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
I hate to be so agreeable but I have to agree!

AI is the answer! The computer knows and does it all, unless you want to take over which is fine by the AI.

I had already downloaded the MV app but thought it looked rather incomplete and 'Windows 3.1' looking so decided not to mess around with it. It didn't look that smart either.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
We have the same issue Peter. Seems to come on when stopping at lights or on moving away at roundabouts. The handheld gives no visual indication of fault by means of any lights. We did have a situation where it alarmed but it did not silence. It stayed on continuesly. I rang Mick at SAP and he was happy nothing serious had happened because no lights were on on the hand unit. Luckily we were only 70 miles from Doncaster so we drove direct to SAP.
Mick identified the issue was with the front left limit switch. If you look at your front wheels you will see the switch with a piece of 8mm screwed rod attached to it (think it’s 8mm) dependant on the level of the wheel in relation to the switch the screwed rod pushes the switch through an axes.
Mick found our switch had flipped 180 degrees. He thought it may be down to the E&P raising the van high enough for it to flip over. He put it back into the correct position and the fault cleared. I have not raised the intermittent issue with him as in my mind I assumed it was perhaps the compressor was not quick enough to maintain the level.
I shall drop Mick an email to see what he can advise.

Seems a few of us are having the same issue.
Hi Stewart, Did you get a response from Mick on the VB buzzer issue?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Michael,

Now that's an interesting question to which I have no idea of the answer as it's behind me by the door so I can't see it when I'm driving. It is 100% the VB air suspension hand-held remote that is making the noise (as I lifted it when it sounded and it is making the alarm sound). I will check that next time we're out and it sounds

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
As a matter of interest do you get a warning light on the E+P unit?
My E&P main unit is in an external locker so cannot be viewed whist moving. I have experimented by having the E&P remote switched on in the cab and it shows no faults.
Nothing back from Mick. He now has his e-mails intercepted by a new member of the team to make things more productive.
I shall send him an SMS message to see what he says.
Did you get anywhere with VB direct Peter?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hi Michael,

Now that's an interesting question to which I have no idea of the answer as it's behind me by the door so I can't see it when I'm driving. It is 100% the VB air suspension hand-held remote that is making the noise (as I lifted it when it sounded and it is making the alarm sound). I will check that next time we're out and it sounds
The 2 units are linked. I have a regime now of pressing the up jack's button before a trip. Also worth looking a EP reservoir level.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Stewart,

I looked at my nearest VB service centre which is in Luton so only an hour away from us. Talking to them on the phone is useless as they say only Morelo can look at it as they fitted it at manufacture (the OEM discussion). I'll call a service agent and see what they have to say.

Really what should happen in such circumstances is that Morelo would diagnose the issue and if necessary, approve a 3rd party repair by an agent local to the MH owner

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Ok, sound rational to me. Will try that too.
I'm having the same issue as Peter and my two systems are intentionally not linked. I felt that the rear overhang of the 90G was such that I wanted to check ground clearance before actually lowering it all the way down. Mick as SAP agreed and he removed the interface. So perhaps that rules out the E&P having the issue?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I'm having the same issue as Peter and my two systems are intentionally not linked. I felt that the rear overhang of the 90G was such that I wanted to check ground clearance before actually lowering it all the way down. Mick as SAP agreed and he removed the interface. So perhaps that rules out the E&P having the issue?
That ends that one then. If they are unlinked that means that the air does not deflate to lower the van before extending the jacks and as its ride height sets the rear higher than the front you are limiting the jacks capability to level without blocks. Obviously as you are not deflating the bags you do not need the blast of air that inflates them slightly after the jacks have levelled, nor the auto bag inflation as the jacks go up to avoid any pinching or inversion of the bags.
So I wonder, and assuming it is definitely the VB system, if there is a small leak causing the VB to sense insufficient pressure and start squealing, but for both you and Peter to have the same issue seems odd, with the exception that you are both Morelo installations?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
My system operates as you have described perfectly and are linked so that means both a connected and an un-connected system have the same issue. Rules out the EP links I reckon.

I suspect it is your last diagnosis that is most accurate and there may be an air leak or pressure pump deficiency causing low air pressure hence an alarm. I would have thought that low air pressure would have been an indication on the hand-held remote though.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Well I know I haven't been to the gym as frequently as I maybe should and I am carrying a few extra pounds but I thought my Morelo could take it! :D2

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008

Peter I couldn’t agree more.

Michael if you ever plan on giving a masterclass (or more importantly novice class) on the Mastervolt could I please sign up for it?
Our soon to be new to us Motorhome has this and I have no idea how it works.
Always love learning how to get the best out of a system or new technology.
Thanks
Andy
PS I love reading this post (I have it on notifications) finding it very knowledgeable and “Fun” with a good dose of camaraderie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back