LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK I will kick off this new forum area, as per the title Morelo will be showing the new Palace for the first time in the UK at the NEC in October.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And just to get the juices flowing,

csm_4_morelo_palace_wohnraum_afb8bd9440.jpg

Martin

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi Martin hope you are well.Theres no denying that the Morelo is a fantastic looking Motorhome ,but I just can’t gets to grips with those mirrors . I know many will disagree with me but just my opinion. Every thing else about Morelo is indeed fantastic.
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I hope this is the start of something big, when I get mine there will be what 5 Morelos in the UK. The Concorde group Facebook owner tried to get it renamed to Concorde and Morelo, hopefully nothing to do with monitizing or whatever it's called, but that was rejected vehemently. In Germany there is a forum called LinerTreff which as the name suggests covers larger MH. I do believe that in the UK the heavyweight vehicles need to be grouped as a generic type rather than manufacturer as many issues are across the whole group, be it Concorde, Morelo, Phoenix or Martin's @funflair favourite, Vario, and how many of those do you see on the M25?
But @Jim, foresight?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin hope you are well.Theres no denying that the Morelo is a fantastic looking Motorhome ,but I just can’t gets to grips with those mirrors . I know many will disagree with me but just my opinion. Every thing else about Morelo is indeed fantastic.
Brian & Jo
Hi Brian and Jo

We are well thank you, if you don’t like the mirrors you could have a camera system instead;) backto to the mirrors though they do look a bit imposing but people like them.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I hope this is the start of something big, when I get mine there will be what 5 Morelos in the UK. The Concorde group Facebook owner tried to get it renamed to Concorde and Morelo, hopefully nothing to do with monitizing or whatever it's called, but that was rejected vehemently. In Germany there is a forum called LinerTreff which as the name suggests covers larger MH. I do believe that in the UK the heavyweight vehicles need to be grouped as a generic type rather than manufacturer as many issues are across the whole group, be it Concorde, Morelo, Phoenix or Martin's @funflair favourite, Vario, and how many of those do you see on the M25?
But @Jim, foresight?
Hi Michael

I know of at least 8 Morelo in the UK before yours arrives not all on Fun though.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
But @Jim, foresight?

Martin isnt the only Vario fan Michael. Lovely machines we came very close (to a second hand one) last year. have you had a look?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi Brian and Jo

We are well thank you, if you don’t like the mirrors you could have a camera system instead;) backto to the mirrors though they do look a bit imposing but people like them.

Martin

Or a 6.2 tonne Clou eh Martin?

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi Brian and Jo

Martin
I suppose if we win the lottery they could possibly grow on me
Brian & Jo

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes that’s a nice thing but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a bit too close to 7500, nice Vario on mobile.de but it’s plated 8800kg and only 8 metres.

Martin

Yes seen that 8.3 metres, close enough?

regarding clou - Eurocargo chassis is quite a bit lighter than the others and air both ends, tempting.....

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
The Concorde group Facebook owner tried to get it renamed to Concorde and Morelo, hopefully nothing to do with monitizing or whatever it's called, but that was rejected vehemently. @Jim, foresight?

I'm not sure what you mean by monetizing in this context but the reason the vote went the way of keeping it Concorde only was that the owner of the page was trying to get the facebook group recognised by Concorde in Germany. Recognition by them would mean getting discounts, invitation to events, etc - other Concorde groups on the continent have this recognition and benefit in this way. Obviously, if Morelo owners were part of the group it would be unlikely that Concorde would get involved with the group.

I think both Concorde and Morelo manufacture amazing motorhomes. The only difference I can see is in the styling and, of course, that is down to personal taste.

I hope you're as happy with your new vehicle as we have been with our in the 9 months we've had it!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I'm not sure what you mean by monetizing in this context but the reason the vote went the way of keeping it Concorde only was that the owner of the page was trying to get the facebook group recognised by Concorde in Germany. Recognition by them would mean getting discounts, invitation to events, etc - other Concorde groups on the continent have this recognition and benefit in this way. Obviously, if Morelo owners were part of the group it would be unlikely that Concorde would get involved with the group.

I think both Concorde and Morelo manufacture amazing motorhomes. The only difference I can see is in the styling and, of course, that is down to personal taste.

I hope you're as happy with your new vehicle as we have been with our in the 9 months we've had it!
In a clumsy way I was trying to say that in the UK there are not enough owners of large MH's to warrant individual groups, only my opinion but perhaps the drive behind the Concorde group owner when he made the proposal, rather than monetizing, and that the Liner manufacturers like Concorde and Morelo, use common processes, materials and OEM's so a single group enables knowledge sharing. Although as an N+B owner and a future Morelo owner I find posts on the Concorde group useful from time to time. Interestingly LinerTreff in Germany only has 570 members with representation from every large mark.
Thank you, I hope I do enjoy the Morelo as much as we have the Flair over the last 4 years nearly!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, I get what you're saying Michael but I believe there's a certain rivalry between the owners of Morelo and Concorde. That being the case, I'm sure you'll appreciate that Concorde won't want to recognise a group where the membership is made up of owners who have many different makes of motorhome. The two hold separate events at petty much the same time, same place, but neither consider holding a joint event. The reason being they wish to keep their own clients happy - and who can blame them?

As for size... I don't see anything wrong with groups being small. I believe we have something like 113 members on the facebook page at the moment and that appears to be enough to generate interesting posts.

There are plenty of forums - here for instance, where all owners, no matter the make or model can get together to discuss, share information, etc. There are also dedicated sections which relate to the specific make (again here). I have asked many questions on this forum and have received very helpful advice. You mention LinerTreff - I guess on that forum as well you would be able to get valuable advice specific to your motorhome.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
A Spanish registered Morelo overtook me yesterday on the AP7 near Barcelona I was doing 65mph reckon he was well into the 70’s :)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes, I get what you're saying Michael but I believe there's a certain rivalry between the owners of Morelo and Concorde. That being the case, I'm sure you'll appreciate that Concorde won't want to recognise a group where the membership is made up of owners who have many different makes of motorhome. The two hold separate events at petty much the same time, same place, but neither consider holding a joint event. The reason being they wish to keep their own clients happy - and who can blame them?

As for size... I don't see anything wrong with groups being small. I believe we have something like 113 members on the facebook page at the moment and that appears to be enough to generate interesting posts.

There are plenty of forums - here for instance, where all owners, no matter the make or model can get together to discuss, share information, etc. There are also dedicated sections which relate to the specific make (again here). I have asked many questions on this forum and have received very helpful advice. You mention LinerTreff - I guess on that forum as well you would be able to get valuable advice specific to your motorhome.
And Concorde too, a significant number of owners on there.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
[QUOTE="sallylillian, post: 3022651,
Thank you, I hope I do enjoy the Morelo as much as we have the Flair over the last 4 years nearly![/QUOTE]

I'm certain you will as it is a great motorhome; not yet perfect but it's really good.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think the advantage of "linertreff" is that it is cross manufacturer and not supported by any manufacturer so you can read and comment without bias or influence from a dealer/manufacturer, personally I don't like the way the Concorde facebook group made it clear that they didn't want other brand owners being members and ultimately reinforced my view that I was not destined to become a Concorde owner although at the same time I can understand why the group took that decision but I would question wether in the long term it will be good for the brand.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I'm sorry you feel that way Martin. I did explain in earlier in this thread why the decision was made to have the Concorde Owners facebook page limited to those who actually own Concordes... you might not have seen it, so I've posted an excerpt below.

'The reason the vote went the way of keeping it Concorde only was that the owner of the page was trying to get the facebook group recognised by Concorde in Germany. Recognition by them would mean getting discounts, invitation to events, etc - other Concorde groups on the continent have this recognition and benefit in this way. Obviously, if Morelo owners were part of the group it would be unlikely that Concorde would get involved with the group.'

I mentioned Morelo because that was the manufacturer under discussion at the time. Personally I wouldn't expect, or want, to be a member of a closed group of, say, Morelo or N&B when I don't own one and have no intention of buying one.

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I'm sorry you feel that way Martin. I did explain in earlier in this thread why the decision was made to have the Concorde Owners facebook page limited to those who actually own Concordes... you might not have seen it, so I've posted an excerpt below.

'The reason the vote went the way of keeping it Concorde only was that the owner of the page was trying to get the facebook group recognised by Concorde in Germany. Recognition by them would mean getting discounts, invitation to events, etc - other Concorde groups on the continent have this recognition and benefit in this way. Obviously, if Morelo owners were part of the group it would be unlikely that Concorde would get involved with the group.'

I mentioned Morelo because that was the manufacturer under discussion at the time. Personally I wouldn't expect, or want, to be a member of a closed group of, say, Morelo or N&B when I don't own one and have no intention of buying one.
I believe I said on the Concorde FB forum that I could understand the decision and found the reasons logical, if you owned a Concorde, I think Martin did not take too kindly to some of the rhetoric in the debate which was in some cases quite aggressive in tone. However I remain a member although I limit my comments to OEM posts rather than the "out and about with my Concorde" ones.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I didn't realise you were still a member Michael - I haven't seen any of your posts... probably not surprising given the circumstances! ;)

We have a get together in a couple of weeks when one of the guys from Concorde will be coming over... One of the topics of conversation will be their 'recognition' of the group so it will be interesting to hear what the criteria for this will be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

I can fully understand the decision and why it was made, our purchasing decision is still up in the air and despite what you might think we have not ruled Concorde out as they certainly score points over the obvious competition in some areas, I was on that facebook group as a potential customer and to learn more about the product, I left when I didn't feel welcome which in my view reflects badly on Concorde and Southdowns.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
ultimately reinforced my view that I was not destined to become a Concorde owner
Martin

Martin, It's not about what I think - it was, and is, a group decision that the Concorde Owners facebook page be restricted to those who own Concordes or have them on order.

You've said a number of times that when you buy another motorhome it wouldn't be a Concorde and you now say that our facebook group 'reinforced' this view. It would be hard to reinforce something that wasn't there in the first place.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that if you're interested in buying one there are far more reliable sources of information out there for you to glean information in order to make your decision. As Michael says... a lot of posts are simply members sharing travel stories and the like.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Martin,
I'm not on FB as I don't believe it is a good thing nor will it exist for much longer (IMHO)

Do you know who "owns" or manages, created etc. the Concorde FB page (not that anyone other than Mark Zuckerberg actually "owns" anything on FB)?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I believe I said on the Concorde FB forum that I could understand the decision and found the reasons logical, if you owned a Concorde, I think Martin did not take too kindly to some of the rhetoric in the debate which was in some cases quite aggressive in tone. However I remain a member although I limit my comments to OEM posts rather than the "out and about with my Concorde" ones.
Hi Michael

I didn't stay long enough to get dragged into the debate as it was none of my business, an existing member said it got a bit heated so possibly I did the right thing getting out when I did.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back