LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As per the title the factory have reluctantly taken the decision to cancel the gathering to celebrate their 10 years in business, they would have had around 1000 vans from all over Europe and visitors from beyond, in the current climate they have decided that it would not be responsible to go ahead.

?

Martin

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi Martin, what's the score with the collection of your new Morelo Palace.

I was hoping to borrow it next month to see if it'll fit the roads in the Cairngorms. :giggle:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

I was hoping to borrow it next month to see if it'll fit the roads in the Cairngorms. :giggle:
In a state of "flux" would be a good description I think ;) apparently it's finished and at IVECO for some chassis coding that they do.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

In a state of "flux" would be a good description I think ;) apparently it's finished and at IVECO for some chassis coding that they do.

Martin
They get Iveco to do the front end alignment, tracking and the like.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Will you have to sneak in and out under the cover of darkness to collect it and bring it home Martin :smiley:
I think the barbed wire at the borders might slow me down, I really don't know what is possible and what is possible today might not be next week, I will just have a chat with the dealer and see what options are available, obviously the factory will want to deliver it somehow as they want to carry on producing and there is no point in producing vans they can't deliver, the dealers wants it delivered to us also, we have to accept that we can't get out there ourselves in the near future.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I wondered if it was that Michael after I posted but I thought there was only you who would pull me up on it (y)

Martin
They had some early problems on the new Daily chassis with Morelos going round in circles, tyres wearing out in less than 1000km, well reported on LinerTreff, indeed one guy even got his money back. Took them and Iveco (several Iveco main dealers and "tracking experts" as well if I recall) to get to the bottom of it. I have not seen any reports for about 2 years.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
They had some early problems on the new Daily chassis with Morelos going round in circles, tyres wearing out in less than 1000km, well reported on LinerTreff, indeed one guy even got his money back. Took them and Iveco (several Iveco main dealers and "tracking experts" as well if I recall) to get to the bottom of it. I have not seen any reports for about 2 years.
Yes I read that as well, think it was just Empire but I could be wrong, yet another thread that I kept quoting to myself when trying to justify ordering a new van.

Martin

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I think the barbed wire at the borders might slow me down, I really don't know what is possible and what is possible today might not be next week, I will just have a chat with the dealer and see what options are available, obviously the factory will want to deliver it somehow as they want to carry on producing and there is no point in producing vans they can't deliver, the dealers wants it delivered to us also, we have to accept that we can't get out there ourselves in the near future.

Martin

Crickey, Martin, I've just Googled 'Germany' and 'barbed fencing' as per your post and they certainly have it bad over there.

This guy is just off for a pint of milk.

Screenshot_20200317-174942_Gallery.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back