LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Actually I could and would go over 7500kgs for the right one but don't think it exists, only one Ive seen with a garage is Thor Ace but 9.5 metres garage had a big step and inside looked a bit old fashioned.
I know you could and would Jon, I can't and aren't allowed:boxing:

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You must have so many brownie points by now Martin you could surely push it :D
She's home today, 20 minutes and she has a glass of wine and the tennis on (y)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking at the ‘quality’ brands I was surprised to see that only Concorde offers a rear lounge option with a drop down bed.
We love our island bed N&B but would prefer our next van to have a larger lounge, and still be under 8m

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looking at the ‘quality’ brands I was surprised to see that only Concorde offers a rear lounge option with a drop down bed.
We love our island bed N&B but would prefer our next van to have a larger lounge, and still be under 8m
Phoenix as well Robert ;) but even the ones that offer it are not that short really.

Martin

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
it has also let itself down in the last few years with corrosion issues on the aluminium side skirts and also the chrome accents on the front and rear but hopefully they have that sorted now.

Hi Martin. I have just re-read your post, and have to say I knew nothing of this corrosion malarkey concerning the Flair. Has this now been rectified does anyone else know. It's a bit off putting I must say.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
All rectified with skill and professionalism. It took 3 trips to Polch all collected and returned on low loader at our convenience and their tab. If you buy pre loved ask about it, and get its factory number and then email customer service and ask for history. It was a delinquent sub contractor.
They are a very honourable firm, well with me!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
All rectified with skill and professionalism. It took 3 trips to Polch all collected and returned on low loader at our convenience and their tab. If you buy pre loved ask about it, and get its factory number and then email customer service and ask for history. It was a delinquent sub contractor.
They are a very honourable firm, well with me!

Yes the sign of a good outfit, not shirking their responsibilities when something goes wrong.

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Hi TheAleMan

You have to include Concorde in the list as well ;) and as long as you don't mind not having a UK dealer Phoenix as well in my opinion.

I think they all have their USP and they all have their foibles, the differences are somewhat subjective so you really need to see them all for yourself.

In a way the Flair is the most professionally finished but it has the standard IVECO dashboard which some may not like and doesn't look as integrated as the Morelo and Concorde offerings also it doesn't have much kitchen space but again some people don't care, it has also let itself down in the last few years with corrosion issues on the aluminium side skirts and also the chrome accents on the front and rear but hopefully they have that sorted now.

The Morelo and Concorde are quite similar in many respects and it must come down to personal choice and layouts again, they both have a custom designed dashboard and very similar specs but digging deeper there are differences like the Morelo tanks can not be accessed through the floor and can not be removed from the vehicle without a lot of work, the Concorde tanks are accessible and easily serviced. If you want kitchen space the Morelo Palace certainly trumps the Concorde. In the Morelo range the Palace and Loft look very similar but the Palace does it on a larger scale so you get more room inside and certainly more room in the bathroom.

The Phoenix vans look a bit jaded against the other 3 but there are a lot of things about the build that we like, again they use the standard IVECO dashboard like the N+B's, oh and they have the best garage of them all.

So which is best? that is impossible to say of course and we don't even know which is the best for us never mind you, really the best van is a bit of all of them, I think for us it would be the style and finish of the Flair the kitchen of the Morelo the dashboard and a few other bits from Concorde with the garage and build of the Phoenix.

Incidentally they are all on the same IVECO daily chassis unless you have you over 7500kg on your licence.

Get yourself to Dusseldorf but you will come away as confused as us possibly.

Martin
Really well put Martin, balanced too. We looked at the Flair (inside a Belgian dealership called Vano) initially and it is lovely but at that time, when I was starting to look, it seemed too big for us. Then we went to the Morelo and Concorde open weekends and settled on the Morelo there and then (not sure why it was actually; more of a feeling than a thought). The one we bought was already complete, available for collection and had everything we would have specified in a new build therefore, no long wait for it.

And it's just slightly longer than the N&B Flair 920 (but the Palace was outside at the time and didn't look so large).

I'm not so sure the Flair 920 garage is larger than the Palace though; if it is, there's very little in it.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I'm not so sure the Flair 920 garage is larger than the Palace though; if it is, there's very little in it.
The Palace garage is bigger than the Flair, and if you have the Liner you get more height and width (2.5m Standard) so for us a good solution I can stand with only a slight stoop but then I am only 5'8"!!
Michael

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Gentlemen

I know this started as a Morelo thread but it has branched out onto comparison with other marques and there are a lot of knowledgable people with good experience on this thread so please indulge me with the following post. I shall also be posting elsewhere.

"I have been reluctant to consider changing out MH to something heavier than our 3850kg Arto(which could be downgraded to 3500kg and still be usable) in case I failed my C1 Medical. This situation has changed now that I am regularising myself under Polish Law, because Poland does not require the equivalent of C1 Medicals.

I have therefore started looking at higher weight MHs to get an island bed.

I have trawled through the websites of the more upmarket converters such as N&B, Concorde, Phoenix, Carthago etc., although I do not want to buy new but finding info on older secondhand models is difficult.

With newer MH layouts there seems to be a uniform trend to fit separate shower and toilet compartments. This is not on our must have list and to my mind is a waste of space for areas that one spends 5 mins. in.

The result of this trend, together with the space for an island bed results in the kitchen area being reduced with little ‘prep’ space. Our kitchen has bigger space in 7m than even some new 9m MHs. Plus our table is opposite the kitchen so provides extra space.

I am wondering whether anyone knows of models before this trend for two compartments that have an island bed and reasonable kitchen area. We would like to stay in the 8-8.5m length category."

Thanks in anticipation.

Geoff

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
1566245564944.png

Palace 81F 8.2 mts

1566245642050.png

Palace 84FB 8.6mts

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Our Morelo Palace 93MB (9.3mtrs with island bed) doesn't have separate toilet and shower.

We're at the new Morelo Service Centre as I write this for some warranty work (and now a repair too as we had a little mis-hap over the weekend - don't even ask) and there are quite a few second-hand MH's here of various sizes and configs. Why not give Morelo a call to discuss a viewing maybe?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Good luck with the work Peter, dont go looking in the showroom while you are there, it could cost you more than the "a little repair".
And for those thinking about buying, best get it back to the UK by 31st October to avoid a possible 10% additional import duty! Those with deep pockets can ignore this.:D

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good luck with the work Peter, dont go looking in the showroom while you are there, it could cost you more than the "a little repair".
And for those thinking about buying, best get it back to the UK by 31st October to avoid a possible 10% additional import duty! Those with deep pockets can ignore this.:D
And you wait till we get to Dusseldorf to drop that one on us? bad enough costing 10% more with currency conversion ?

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
And you wait till we get to Dusseldorf to drop that one on us? bad enough costing 10% more with currency conversion ?

Martin
Hey Martin, morning, what can I say? How long have you been window shopping? But dont worry Boris will sort it, he will get a deal, the £ will strengthen 50% against the Euro, the DVLA will accept registration on vehicles before they leave European dealers, and you will have the last laugh;)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And the annual price hike has kicked in also I believe. ?
Most likely?haven’t got past kicking tyres yet. The new Loft is nice and has a cracking kitchen but the bathroom and garage space let it down for use?

Martin

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Most likely?haven’t got past kicking tyres yet. The new Loft is nice and has a cracking kitchen but the bathroom and garage space let it down for use?

Martin
Yes, I know what you mean Martin. The whole van is not big enough for us for what we need it for. It's looking very much like a Palace 93 MB..it's ticking all those boxes for us.(y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes, I know what you mean Martin. The whole van is not big enough for us for what we need it for. It's looking very much like a Palace 93 MB..it's ticking all those boxes for us.(y)
Deffo not going bigger than Palace 85L, Mrs Fun likes the bathroom and I could live with the garage?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
At Stuttgart show at the start of the year we were told that there was going to be a new model of Loft as well as the updated IVECO chassis to Euro 6d temp, the new chassis will come with a few driver aid option that are currently unavailable lane departure, brake assist, assisted cruise control thingy etc etc, and a new multifunction steering wheel more like a car than a van.

View attachment 308666

Not sure that you can have this with the removable option although I have read that Meier are working on it.

For the Loft facelift our guess was that it would become a "baby Palace" and the photo's that have sneaked out would suggest that to be the case,

View attachment 308668

View attachment 308671

Martin
Loving the styling but not sure that glass inlay in the dividing door is such a great idea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back