LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
You just need a Palace with a car garage but don't bother with the car, I know of somebody who full times and made an office in the garage, a total waste of garage space in my book but needs must I guess, I think she worked from inside the van.

Martin
I guess I could put the Harley in it?

be no palace in my future tho, already living a champagne lifestyle on beer money????

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I guess I could put the Harley in it?

be no palace in my future tho, already living a champagne lifestyle on beer money????
As long as you are having fun it doesn't matter what van you are in, Mrs Funflair kept saying "but are we going to have any better trips for all this money" and the simple answer is NO. we have slept in cars the back of a van, cycle camped, caravans and motorhome and had fun in them all.

Martin

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Dave,

Morelo does provide a heavy zip-up A4 sized fabric box (branded of course) with all the paper manuals down to the last tiny detailed piece of kit. I too like a pdf format (nice to zoom in on some details) so have slowly created my own digital library which is stored on my Morelo hard drive on-board the MH. Of course, it simply isn't possible to obtain every little bit of info online and, as products go end-of-life, these files will disappear online.

They now have a range of simple do-it-yourself videos too which are helpful.
I’m slowly building my digital library of instruction manuals (I can’t do much at the moment as it should have been here sat on my driveway but collection has had to be postponed to ‘whenever’)

Where will I find these do-it-yourself videos?

Thanks Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
As you prob know I have just come from an Elddis 255 with a cubby hole for a garage, to my lovely Sonic A class with a garage, so I started filling it up with my stuff thinking I’m never gonna fill it, anyhow I’ve manage to get a healthy amount of stuff in, standing back admiring my handy work then thought “s##t” where’s my bikes gonna go???
So now I think NO garage can be too big??
You on a bike ? yer right Ady ?

Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Steer clear of a sales guy called Michael Schade.

I'll second that! He's an absolute charlatan!

Many of these 'sales' guys are self-employed. They work on commissions within the dealers and will say anything to get a sale but once you've signed on the dotted line, you never hear from them again. Be warned. If going to Gluck (as we did) we were looked after by the wonderful Natascha (the MD's PA) and she was the best help ever (speaks great English too).

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
Evening all,

We're supposed to be visiting Morelo, RS and N&B this week but after checking the Companies House database it confirms my tip-off that RS Motorhomes has undergone a couple of insolvency cases, once in 2015 and the second occassion in 2018.

Is this a risky company to buy from guys?

Regards,

Andrew
I bought an RS endeavour in August. Delighted. strong engines huge payload, seems bullet proof. Great service.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Now there are 2 on here maybe Jim can start an RS section to avoid confusion with the more superior Morelo's in this "Morelo Motorhomes" section? :reel:
How very dare you :LOL:

Morelo is a great marque and a super quality finish, £ for £ though you get more for your money on an RS (no currency fluctuations for a start) plus you can have a slide out and still just squeeze inside the price of a 'standard' Morelo (if there is such a thing) and you are buying British which may be very important in the next couple of years.

Challenge accepted :LOL:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

Morelo is a great marque and a super quality finish, £ for £ though you get more for your money on an RS (no currency fluctuations for a start) plus you can have a slide out and still just squeeze inside the price of a 'standard' Morelo (if there is such a thing) and you are buying British which may be very important in the next couple of years.

Hey, I got you your own forum, respect!

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hey, I got you your own forum, respect!
Actually - I got that forum back a couple of years ago but respect anyway :LOL:

I used to have an Elysian, now I have a very expensive white elephant outside my house that can't go anywhere and I'm BORED!

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just been out to the white elephant today. Emptied the fresh water, extended the slide out and did the hydraulic levelling. Ran the engine for 20 minutes and moved to give the tires some relief. Put up a clock U have been meaning to do for ages and a picture on oneif the walls

Think I maybe should just sleep in it to make myself feel better ???

LET ME OUT!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Yes there is such a thing as a standard MORELO, but I bet they have never built one and you wouldn't want one :LOL: for a start it would be the 170BHP engine and manual gearbox so that alone would make it virtually unsellable on the used market, most will have about £60k worth of extras, not just MORELO though as the same applies to Concorde, Phoenix, N+B etc etc, not sure about RS without speccing one which might be an interesting project for a rainy lockdown day.

Watch this space;)

Martin

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes there is such a thing as a standard MORELO, but I bet they have never built one and you wouldn't want one :LOL: for a start it would be the 170BHP engine and manual gearbox so that alone would make it virtually unsellable on the used market, most will have about £60k worth of extras, not just MORELO though as the same applies to Concorde, Phoenix, N+B etc etc, not sure about RS without speccing one which might be an interesting project for a rainy lockdown day.

Watch this space;)

Martin
I did a big price and spec comparison already. If I get time tomorrow I will put it up here

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I did a big price and spec comparison already. If I get time tomorrow I will put it up here
That will be interesting as the company does not publish on line hardly any real detail, let alone downloadable price lists and catalogues, unlike all its peer comparisons, the web site is very sparse in that regard so it will be good if you can provide these so we can all make a realistic comparison perhaps?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That will be interesting as the company does not publish on line hardly any real detail, let alone downloadable price lists and catalogues, unlike all its peer comparisons, the web site is very sparse in that regard so it will be good if you can provide these so we can all make a realistic comparison perhaps?
Morning Michael

My take is that that if you look at the Elysian they all start at £249k but yes they are quite well specced in that things like leather and a microwave are standard, the engine spec is the 210 but comes as manual so you need to add the auto if that is what you want, I then would have to swap the generator for a decent amount of solar but add full air suspension, habitation air-con, reversing camera, extra garage door etc etc, in total I would be adding about £20k but would still have no active air, a smaller gas tank, smaller fuel tank and no retarder or sat nav/sound system then little things like the grey water pump that you all talked me into ;) would be missing as well.

If I then gave myself the same discount as I got on the M the RS would be a couple of grand more but that is for less spec.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Actually - I got that forum back a couple of years ago but respect anyway :LOL:

I used to have an Elysian, now I have a very expensive white elephant outside my house that can't go anywhere and I'm BORED!

You can tell how bored people are with the amount of old threads being re-heated.

Quite a few of us were really enjoying this one until a Mr Misery came along.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Morning Michael

My take is that that if you look at the Elysian they all start at £249k but yes they are quite well specced in that things like leather and a microwave are standard, the engine spec is the 210 but comes as manual so you need to add the auto if that is what you want, I then would have to swap the generator for a decent amount of solar but add full air suspension, habitation air-con, reversing camera, extra garage door etc etc, in total I would be adding about £20k but would still have no active air, a smaller gas tank, smaller fuel tank and no retarder or sat nav/sound system then little things like the grey water pump that you all talked me into ;) would be missing as well.

If I then gave myself the same discount as I got on the M the RS would be a couple of grand more but that is for less spec.

Martin
Yes Martin I have been reviewing my emails with RS from back in 2011 and 2014. It would seem that they never actually gave me a written quote despite several emails to them, I do not seem to have a price list either but does not mean they did not send me a paper one. In 2011 I was very green, just coming out of boating, but bought a Yankee. Then in 2014 I was looking to downsize and looked in detail eventually buying the Flair. From my emails it seems they wanted over £200k then, if I did not have a slide, but that was when I was chasing and got zero response from what I can see. Apart from an apology for not responding and get back soon. Probably easier for you as they are not too far to drive to.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes Martin I have been reviewing my emails with RS from back in 2011 and 2014. It would seem that they never actually gave me a written quote despite several emails to them, I do not seem to have a price list either but does not mean they did not send me a paper one. In 2011 I was very green, just coming out of boating, but bought a Yankee. Then in 2014 I was looking to downsize and looked in detail eventually buying the Flair. From my emails it seems they wanted over £200k then if I did not have a slide but that was when I was chasing and got zero response from what I can see. Apart from an apology for not responding and get back soon. Probably easier for you as they are not too far to drive to.
There are some prices in the Tech Specs section on their web site, click onto Elysian first, OK I think the slide is cheaper at +£10k.

I have never really considered them as an option as we don't like the interior style and never got into a conversation about building what we wanted.

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes Martin I have been reviewing my emails with RS from back in 2011 and 2014. It would seem that they never actually gave me a written quote despite several emails to them, I do not seem to have a price list either but does not mean they did not send me a paper one. In 2011 I was very green, just coming out of boating, but bought a Yankee. Then in 2014 I was looking to downsize and looked in detail eventually buying the Flair. From my emails it seems they wanted over £200k then, if I did not have a slide, but that was when I was chasing and got zero response from what I can see. Apart from an apology for not responding and get back soon. Probably easier for you as they are not too far to drive to.

Wasn't 2014 one of their 'shaky' periods?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
There are some prices in the Tech Specs section on their web site, click onto Elysian first, OK I think the slide is cheaper at +£10k.

I have never really considered them as an option as we don't like the interior style and never got into a conversation about building what we wanted.

Martin
I have to take it back, thanks for the directions. Not exactly comprehensive however their price for a slide out is amazingly cheap. £10k M, C and Phoenix are all ball park €30k so even on a good day on forex back in time £20k. I would be interested in the comparison spec. For example my guess is it is a Lippert electric lightweight rack and pinion compared to hydraulic on M & C, does it have an inflatable seal, clean fit lines and chunky insulation, exterior lighting etc etc.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Main point for me is the initial build quality between RS and M, how the roof, sidewalls, floor, rear is built and attached. Also the insulation type, what do they use and how is it put in?, screws?, Cold bridges? etc etc.

When i looked at RS years ago albeit, i couldn't find much out about how it was constructed and put together because there wasnt harly anything about the above points on their website at the time.

Thats why it would be German for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back