Morelo Carbon Fibre Look - Vinyl Cleaning (1 Viewer)

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I totally get the white fridge vent comment and I actually looked at mine only yesterday wondering what could be done with it as I hate the fact it doesn't match the bodywork

How about one of these mobile dent-master / chips-away guys? They can colour match anything (y)

I might cost a bit, but it'll look amazing afterwards :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wow! I didn't think I would like it but I really do like that.
What model is it as the toilet locker (small one) is on the other side on our Palace
Loft 78F so French bed and we have been sat it it half the day(y)

The graphics look great and have been my favourite for a long time, looks good with white mirror casing as well, I wonder if they would paint the fridge vent at the same time for the ā‚¬600 they charge for the mirrors (y), the black is black not carbon but it has carbon on the front still.

Martin

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Colour-coded mirror casing would be nice as I don't like the black version. Is that even a Morelo option or a possible DIY one?
There may be a few owners prepared to buy them if white were available

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Now there's a bright idea!

Those guys provide a great mobile service but if it was my Morelo then I would aim to call them when the ambient air temperature picks up a bit and not when it was so blā—‹ā—‹dy cold outside as it is now.

Why?

.........because if it's too cold outside then your paint can potentially suffer from something called 'solvent popping' which creates a pin-like bubble effect in the clear coat OR, if the paint cures too slowely then the paint surface could potentially end up looking and feeling like the texture of an orange.

Just be careful sir,

Andrew

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Colour-coded mirror casing would be nice as I don't like the black version. Is that even a Morelo option or a possible DIY one?
There may be a few owners prepared to buy them if white were available
It's a Morelo option on the special options list not freely available. I got one and translated it ?

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Those guys provide a great mobile service but if it was my Morelo then I would aim to call them when the ambient air temperature picks up a bit and not when it was so blā—‹ā—‹dy cold outside as it is now.

Why?

.........because if it's too cold outside then your paint can potentially suffer from something called 'solvent popping' which creates a pin-like bubble effect in the clear coat OR, if the paint cures too slowely then the paint surface could potentially end up looking and feeling like the texture of an orange.

Just be careful sir,

Andrew
All good advice there, thanks.
It is cold today, isn't it?

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
It's a Morelo option on the special options list not freely available. I got one and translated it ?

I would have expected nothing less!

Does it also have an option to select "rattle free" versions?

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
OK big issue with me, my mate has an Adria with the very same "Fablon" and he gave up keeping it clean. My survey of the 3 Morelo owners on here resulted in a unanimous vote of "would not have it again". It is a circa E1500 option and after asking to see one without when we were at the factory in September I confirmed my cancellation of it.
What to do for you guys that have it?
My mate peeled it off his Adria and we all agreed it looked fantastic.

I cleaned mine again at the weekend and again was so frustrated with it I looked at it and almost started the peeling but then thought, what if it's really hard to get off and doesn't fully come off around the windows etc. so I bailed, this time!

On that point, are the windows installed before or after the vinyl goes on; I can't really remember from the factory tour but I think the windows go in afterwards.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I cleaned mine again at the weekend and again was so frustrated with it I looked at it and almost started the peeling but then thought, what if it's really hard to get off and doesn't fully come off around the windows etc. so I bailed, this time!

On that point, are the windows installed before or after the vinyl goes on; I can't really remember from the factory tour but I think the windows go in afterwards.
I think they are fitted afterwards. Look at this video, if you can, about 25-26 minutes Andreas gets to explaining.

Notice the bubbles in the Home carbon!!!!

OP
OP
OurMoreloLife
Mar 15, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B ML T-780
Exp
Since 2017
Congratulations!

What made you change your mind about the grey paint job? Did you look at a vinyl wrap at all?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back