More Truma 6 woes (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Our heating only works intermittently. After a while the yellow light on the left side the top knob of the control panel starts flashing and the heating goes off. Switching the heating off and on again restores the yellow light to its steady state for a while before it again goes off.

After several cycles the green light on the right side of the same knob flashes very fast. Again if you switch off and wait, the problem disappears for a while.

I cannot find any diagnostic stuff related to flashing lights in the Hymer manual.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Don't know if this will help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Operating Instructions (cmp).pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Try this Truma Combi diagnostics catalogue

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-RMPS
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks. Error code 202, sounds like gas not detected or bad earth. Then goes on to suggest replacing the PCB! I’ve already changed that for a previous problem…

A and B in the Huzzie

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Burford Duo
Exp
Since 2018
I had a very similar problem where the heating would start and after an hour or so it would stop with an error. Left for an hour then all ok but it stopped again an hour later.

Problem was eventually traced to a bad mains connection in the main control box. The wire had not been inserted properly and got hot until it caused the error. It then cooled down and the fault went away.

OP
OP
G-RMPS
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I spent some more time on diagnosis when I had some electrons to play with.

Plenty of gas on board. Hob and fridge work on gas.
Truma Combi 6e full of clean water (I've used Puriclean to cleanse the fresh water tank) and the heating system.

Electric water heating works.
Gas water heating works.
Electric room heating (air) works.
Gas room heating works for about 10 minutes then stops. Fan no longer blows. Flashing yellow light on the gas heating selection on the control panel. Flashing green light on the thermostat dial (1-5) for desired room temperature. I didn't look but I assume the error code is still 202 as the symptoms haven't changed. If you switch the heating off, wait 10 minutes, then restart it works again for a while.

Sounds like something is overheating which trips a sensor. But why would gas water heating work, and why would electric air heating work too. I cannot identify what is likely to be the cause, nor understand why the error code suggests earthing, lack of gas, or malfunction of the PCB.

Any clues, please?

Thanks...Keith

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Can you see the air intake?

I had a “moment“ the other day whilst just doing Moho jobs, when I spotted mine was really blocked up with dust and stuff. Cant find photo.

OP
OP
G-RMPS
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Oooh, I'll take a look, thanks. I suppose gas will heat the air more readily than a 2kw element. If there's insufficient air incoming, the outlet air could get too hot.

OP
OP
G-RMPS
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
After all that, I suspect it was nothing more than the gas getting low in the open bottle. I checked the air inlet, and there was no more than a sprinkling of dust. I switched bottles and ran the heating for 25 minutes without any problems. I may just have to ensure the gas pressure is sufficient.

Thanks folks...Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back