More sites lost (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
I have heard in the past 2 days that the motorhome parking area in Alvor will shortly close. The football ground opposite has been sold for a luxury villa to be built there and the football club is moving onto the motorhome parking area.
Also the wild camp at Ferragudo is being bulldozed flat for building on.

Portugal has been packed out the past few winters with motorhomes and parking places are getting less and less unfortunately. It desperately needs some new motorhome stops.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
As nothing happens very quickly in Portugal,it could be light years away.

OP
OP
Funnymunny
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Or less motorhomers wanting to stay for free!!!

Can't blame them for building on "their" wildcamp area, can you?

No you cant blame them for wanting to use their own land and no I was not trying to, nor was I condemning those that like to wild camp I wouldn't be that rude, I was simply reporting what I have been told. As for Alvor that is a paid site, each to their own I say

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
When I was there there was the paid aire and the free aire. Are they both rumoured to close?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is no motorhome parking now in Portugal on car parks and other areas unless on an authorised campsite. Goverment decree, large fines etc. At least till the end of 2020 but could become the norm. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
There is no motorhome parking now in Portugal on car parks and other areas unless on an authorised campsite. Goverment decree, large fines etc. At least till the end of 2020 but could become the norm. :cry:
I think this decree relates solely to beach areas (coastal and inland) - translation taken from discussion on another forum includes:

“Chapter I. General provisions, Article 1)
This decree-law establishes the exceptional and temporary regime applicable to the occupation and use of beaches, in the context of the COVID-19 disease pandemic, for the 2020 bathing season.“

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back