More problems (1 Viewer)

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Unfortunately, we have more problems with our new Swift motorhome and am not best pleased:Sad:

As we said, we got another battery charger which seemed to solve our problem but yesterday on returning from our weekend away, my husband went back in to the motorhome and could not get the lights to work inside.

The panel had NO CONNECT warning. After lots of button pressing they seemed to start working again. We have also had a couple of niggles with our electric step which often decides not to work and we get the same NO CONNECT error on the control panel.

Might be something simple but I wonder whether anyone can tell us what the problem might be?

While I was cleaning the motorhome after our weekend away, I turned the radio on to find that there is no sound at all. The panel is working fine i.e. it comes on and shows what station you are on but...deafening silence, not even a crackle. It's a Blaupunkt by the way.

It worked perfectly ok on our way home yesterday.

I've made sure the Mute is not on etc., but there's still no sound.

The 'aux' symbol is lit, but there's nothing plugged in to the qux jack and my husband says this has always been on, even when the radio was working fine.

Appreciate any advice or help with this before we contact the dealer.

Cheers

aldapaca

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Funster No
More problems?

Hi
Sorry to hear you have been having trouble. I too have a Swift motor home and over a period of months my cab battery was draining resulting in having no less than 4 new replacement batteries under warranty. Swift were very helpful, but the problem didnt get resolved until I involved Fiat. I spoke to Sue in Fiat aftersales and she was very helpful, not by just talking to me but contacting Swift and working together, In the end Sue arranged for my local Fiat dealer to have the motorhome in with the instructions to find the fault by all means. The local dealer got a technician in and the fault was found to be the Blaupunkt radio. Nothing wrong with the radio, just the way it had been wired in. These radios are not fitted by Fiat but by Swift.
Fiat fitted an isolater switch which did not interfere with any other fittings, i.e alarm etc only the radio. It now means when the vehicle is parked up and the isolater is in the off position there is no drain from the cab battery. This work was carried out on 8th April and to date I have not had a problem and the cab battery has not gone flat. Re your other problem my step sticks sometimes and I have found that road dirt has been the problem and after washing the underneath of the step - no problem.
Good luck

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi
If the aux symble is lit, I think that aux has been selected by accident. As you have no aux input you will get no sound. There will be a button that allows you to toggle between the options, just a question of what button.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2008
aldridge
Funster No
MH
waiting
Exp
8yrs
UNSCREW THE CONTROL PANEL PULL IT DOWN AND UNPLUG IT.
LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED FOR ABOUT 30secs AND THEN RE-CONNECT THE PLUG,
PUT CONTROL PANEL BACK INTO POSITION AND SCREWS IN,SWITCH PANEL
BACK ON AND HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING SHOULD BE AL'RIGHT.
IT WORKED FOR ME.

IF IT SAY'S AUX INPUT ON THE FRONT OF YOUR RADIO THERE WILL BE NO SOUND
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PRESS THE SRC BUTTON ONCE WHICH IS ON THE TOP LEFT
OF THE RADIO,THE RADIO SHOULD COME BACK ON.

IF YOU ARE LISTENING TO A RADIO STATION AND DECIDE TO LISTEN TO A CD YOU
HAVE TO PRESS THE SRC BUTTON ONCE,BUT IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO LISTENING
TO THE RADIO YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE SRC BUTTON TWICE,IF YOU ONLY PRESS IT
ONCE FROM CD YOU WILL GET THE AUX INPUT AND NO SOUND.

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Cherok,

Sorry to hear you are finding more issues your vehicle.

The "No Connect" means that the control panel has lost data communication with the fuse box, and therefore, can no longer function.

The most likely cause of this is a loose connection, somewhere in the vehicle. By removing the control panel, you will see a six way black connector and black wire, which is the data connector.

Simply make sure this is firmly attached and the other end is attached to the fuse box. If they both are, and you still have the same issues, then I'm afraid it is a case of tracing the cable back to the fuse box, looking for faults / cable breaks, etc. Your dealer may have a spare cable that can also be tried, to confirm there are no other faults.

With regards to the radio, the AUX should only be displayed when on AUX mode.

Thanks,

Ash

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back