more newbies............omg....really.... (1 Viewer)

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
morning all,

simon, jayne and saul (the resident mutt) here, glad to join and looking forward to getting stuck in on the forums etc, so about the van...............well, we have it on order, will be ready june 2017 and i cant wait, like really, really cant wait, and am driving my good lady mad i suspect!

briefly about us...........we are converts from camping, too old and grumpy for the whole under canvas deal now, plus our (large) dog makes it more of a chore with the tent, hence, motorhome!

so, whilst we are waiting for said van......... in the meantime, i will troll the forums here for advice etc and probably ask many a stupid question (hey, im new!) also compile a list of localish weekend sites, and those far flung for longer weekends, start buying stuff for the van i'll probably never use, or need.........

so feel free to advise me / us / the dog, and keep me away from the bay of evilness......please.....

oh, van is an adria 600 twin sp gb if it counts lol

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
hi, well thats not a welcome i'd miss easily!!
many thanks for the warm welcome!!

si n jayne, mutt not present, or indeed contributing to messages at the moment......

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
:HelloThere: and welcome to the house of fun. I have been here for just over a year myself and found this site invaluable. The best Membership £15:00 you will ever spend. Ask away with all your questions as there is always someone who can and will help. You just have to pick the answer out from the plethora of jokes and jibes that will wing there way as well. Enjoy and how you can wait til June 17 is beyond me.;) I only had to wait 2 months and that was bad enough.:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

Exciting times ahead! We find that planning our next trips can be very enjoyable in itself. Nothing worse than getting back from a trip and someone saying, "Oh, did you go to XXX and see XXX?" And you didn't but were only 3 miles away from that incredible attraction. So, now we put a little more thought into where we are going and what we are going to see. That doesn't mean that we stick rigidly to the plan! If the weather changes or we don't like the place we've arrived at then the plan changes. That's the joy of motorhoming. You are free to do whatever you want .... within reason!

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
:hiya2: welcome to the forum, sounds as if you will fit in nicely. Exciting getting an MH, isn't it? you are going to have to bury your hands in your pockets a lot to try and stop yourselves buying lots of goodies. Plenty of time now to make some plans so you can zip straight off in .........?....... will you be naming it? :smiley:

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
:HelloThere: and welcome to the house of fun. I have been here for just over a year myself and found this site invaluable. The best Membership £15:00 you will ever spend. Ask away with all your questions as there is always someone who can and will help. You just have to pick the answer out from the plethora of jokes and jibes that will wing there way as well. Enjoy and how you can wait til June 17 is beyond me.;) I only had to wait 2 months and that was bad enough.:rolleyes:

thanks for the welcome, as for the van ................

well we agreed several things prior to ordering / purchasing, a) we wouldnt buy new........fail, b) wouldnt buy a fiat based van.............. also fail.............
and yes, im going slightly mad with anticipation and frustration, although we didnt want the van until weather was at least semi tolerable.........hence the wait!

im used to forums so im sure i'll be oko_O

si jayne and saul!

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
View attachment 132575 and a warm welcome from us.

Exciting times ahead! We find that planning our next trips can be very enjoyable in itself. Nothing worse than getting back from a trip and someone saying, "Oh, did you go to XXX and see XXX?" And you didn't but were only 3 miles away from that incredible attraction. So, now we put a little more thought into where we are going and what we are going to see. That doesn't mean that we stick rigidly to the plan! If the weather changes or we don't like the place we've arrived at then the plan changes. That's the joy of motorhoming. You are free to do whatever you want .... within reason!

yup, jayne is in charge of planning:censored: so i'll not interfere there...........much:sneaky:

and the idea of being able to up and off is one of the main appeals as we have all (i guess) pitched up somewhere and regretted it from the get go!

si, jayne (plannerP and saul (lazy dog)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, lots on the forum to get your teeth in while you wait for your Van to be ready, exciting times, from the Midlands you are well placed to explore some beautiful places in the UK, ask as many questions as you want that's what the forum is all about, though I'm sure with your camping experience you won't take long getting the hang of it all.

:welcomesign:

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
:hiya2: welcome to the forum, sounds as if you will fit in nicely. Exciting getting an MH, isn't it? you are going to have to bury your hands in your pockets a lot to try and stop yourselves buying lots of goodies. Plenty of time now to make some plans so you can zip straight off in .........?....... will you be naming it? :smiley:
hi

excited, excited?? you have no idea, well u probably do to be fair........ yes i am!
have been battering the bay of evilness, but have been fairly restrained (so far) as we know that place is full of drop shippers and unmentionables..........
as for naming it, hmmmm, not sure, suggestions welcome ..........i may have to be fairer name wise than i have been with my cars..........im not sure a reserved sign with some of the things i have called cars previously would go down well!!

thanks si, the planner and the mutt!

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hello Welcome to Fun, lots on the forum to get your teeth in while you wait for your Van to be ready, exciting times, from the Midlands you are well placed to explore some beautiful places in the UK, ask as many questions as you want that's what the forum is all about, though I'm sure with your camping experience you won't take long getting the hang of it all.

:welcomesign:

many thanks and yes, im getting stuck in way before we get the van, am aiming for us to be all sorted, organised and ready from day one....what can possibly go wrong?:unsure:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
See if you can fit a fun Rally / Meet in when you get the Van so much information to be got face to face , and fun as well. (y)

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
See if you can fit a fun Rally / Meet in when you get the Van so much information to be got face to face , and fun as well. (y)

seems like a good plan, just hope we haven't burst by then :)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

OP
OP
skylinersi

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
many thanks for all the replies, feeling most welcome already lol

and bart...............no we cant wait, im driving the missus maaaaaadddd :cautious: ha hah hah hahhahahh

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
yup, jayne is in charge of planning:censored: so i'll not interfere there...........much:sneaky:

and the idea of being able to up and off is one of the main appeals as we have all (i guess) pitched up somewhere and regretted it from the get go!

si, jayne (plannerP and saul (lazy dog)

hi wellycome if you ask lord sir boss gugnor @Jim
he may grant you each a log on
thats two for the price of one

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread