More grief about appalling DVLA (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
A lot must depend on the particular amount of personal input required to process stuff. I had a reminder on Thursday that my tacho card was due for renewal in September and I could renew online. Renewed online Thursday evening, card arrived Saturday morning. Probably a fairly simple automated system of sticking my driving licence photo on a new card with a new expiry date. The departments dealing with paper forms would appear not to be quite so successful.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
A lot must depend on the particular amount of personal input required to process stuff. I had a reminder on Thursday that my tacho card was due for renewal in September and I could renew online. Renewed online Thursday evening, card arrived Saturday morning. Probably a fairly simple automated system of sticking my driving licence photo on a new card with a new expiry date. The departments dealing with paper forms would appear not to be quite so successful.
Yes all the automated systems work fine, anything that still requires any sort of human input is screwed.
Answer: Get rid of all the human input systems, simples !! :giggle:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Yes it’s when drivers have heart or diabetes problems, they seem to be over a year before it’s sorted.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Ignoring hearsay, does anyone know the specific grievances at Swansea which have caused industrial action?

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Ignoring hearsay, does anyone know the specific grievances at Swansea which have caused industrial action?
AS far a i can make out, they think that they were exposed to the risk of getting Covid, and think that they are a special case.
They need to consider the following:
NHS Staff
Police
Fire Service
Shop workers
Delivery drivers
Food processing workers
all maintenance staff for the above
Plus numerous others i guess.
All of whom have been exposed to the virus but have worked through it
This is a global problem, and we are all in it together, and need to pull together to get out of it,
DVLA "workers" and i use the word loosely, need to think hard about this

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
AS far a i can make out, they think that they were exposed to the risk of getting Covid, and think that they are a special case.
NHS Staff
Police
Fire Service
Shop workers
Delivery drivers
Food processing workers
This is a global problem, and we are all in it together, and need to pull together to get out of it,
There is no us and we are all in this together. It’s been said so many times before nobody believes or taking notice, it’s every man for themselves nowadays. You get nothing for coming 2nd.

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
NHS Staff
Police
Fire Service
Shop workers
Delivery drivers
Food processing workers
I did read something about that…the Dvla offices were reported such that proper spacing required to prevent Covid transmission wasn’t possible, complaints were being made, no one was listening and loads , not just a handful, of the staff were becoming infected. That was before vaccination started I think. Not a nice situation to be in.

i’m not sure, if that is true, that they think they are a special case, merely wives, husbands with families basically getting very little support from work to prevent them, loved ones or even dare I say it, us becoming infected due what appears to be an intransigent management.

Our office was packed. Everyone close to each other. Old building, narrow corridors etc. Since Covid the office is closed, people working from home, our lab that normally has 8 or so working it is limited to 2 people on a rotating basis.

also, ‘DVLA “workers”’ is a little harsh. Work ethics and the way the front line shows to us public is usually a reflection on management . Yes, I get peed off with the occasional bad conversation on the phone but sometimes it‘s a symptom of something a little deeper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
I did read something about that…the Dvla offices were reported such that proper spacing required to prevent Covid transmission wasn’t possible, complaints were being made, no one was listening and loads , not just a handful, of the staff were becoming infected. That was before vaccination started I think. Not a nice situation to be in.

i’m not sure, if that is true, that they think they are a special case, merely wives, husbands with families basically getting very little support from work to prevent them, loved ones or even dare I say it, us becoming infected due what appears to be an intransigent management.

Our office was packed. Everyone close to each other. Old building, narrow corridors etc. Since Covid the office is closed, people working from home, our lab that normally has 8 or so working it is limited to 2 people on a rotating basis.

also, ‘DVLA “workers”’ is a little harsh. Work ethics and the way the front line shows to us public is usually a reflection on management . Yes, I get peed off with the occasional bad conversation on the phone but sometimes it‘s a symptom of something a little deeper.
My frustration is "something deeper" my age 70 plus C1 has now been in the system for 17 weeks, 19 if you count the 2 weeks it took for them to send me the D2/D4 forms.
No answers to emails, web-chat no use at all , no answers to letters or complaints, had 1 phone call after trying for 4 hours and then holding for over an hour once connected, only to be told that they have a backlog!!
So i rest my case, and i guess i am not alone in this!!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Have you tried going through the DVLA complaints procedure, it took me 3 months to get to the stage of being able to take it up with local MP.
The final stage of the complaints procedure is to go to an independent review of the complaint, who can only comment on any problem and can't make the DVLA do anything about it.

Yes I have. I got so frustrated that I sent a 7 day letter (tracked and saying I expected a response within 7 days or I would take things further). Needless to say I did not hear back and added the impossible complaints procedure to my original issue. The Ombudsman took up my case (my MP had to be guided through the procedure with the Ombudsman as he didn't have a clue the service even existed) and it was solved within a week. I don't know if the other issues were taken further - I suspect not.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back