More good news from CAMpRA (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just picked up from CAMpRA FB page they really are doing some sterling work well done CAMpRA 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

‘SUCCESS! the National Trust have recognised the opportunity, and are going to work with our community to make "Stopovers" happen 😁👍

Well done to everyone who wrote to them and supported the campaign.

Below is a statement the National Trust asked to share.

“We already welcome campervans and motorhomes at some of the places in our care. However, it’s clear from the incredible response in recent weeks that we need to do more to support overnight stays in our car parks at National Trust places, where we can.

Therefore, we’re working up a plan to allow campervan and motorhome users to stay overnight at more of our places. We’ve been trialling this in the Lake District this year and we’re now considering how we roll this out across selected locations next year.”’

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Hopefully they won't have many problems obtaining licences.
Nah! That's what you bribe MP's for ... just sayin"!

Seriously, let's hope if it all goes through that the minority won't b*****r it up for the rest of us!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Well, since they can issue the licenses themselves, it shouldn't be a problem!

Let's hope they don't make it into a massive monetising exercise, as all we need is to stay over in their empty car parks for a small fee.

Good work CAMPrA.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Nah! That's what you bribe MP's for ... just sayin"!

Seriously, let's hope if it all goes through that the minority won't b*****r it up for the rest of us!
They just need to start a register of members who have suitable facilities, and require us to sign in. That way, they'll know who has been on site and can chase up any unlikely offenders.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Well, since they can issue the licenses themselves, it shouldn't be a problem!

Let's hope they don't make it into a massive monetising exercise, as all we need is to stay over in their empty car parks for a small fee.

Good work CAMPrA.
How do you define "a small fee"? Some will pay £10 whereas others will baulk at 10p and even at that they will try and get away without paying!!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
They are the minority who spoil things for the majority of us, as always
Yes but there will be a fee so what should that be? We would be happy to pay as we are members and maybe in the right area £10 would be fine but a lot on here will not want to pay that as i said above. So to try and prevent to minority spoiling it for the rest what should it be and what rules should be in place?

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Yes but there will be a fee so what should that be? We would be happy to pay as we are members and maybe in the right area £10 would be fine but a lot on here will not want to pay that as i said above. So to try and prevent to minority spoiling it for the rest what should it be and what rules should be in place?
£10,
Members only
Overnight parking/sleeping only, not camping. unless they decide to set up CL type sites

Deleted User
When in the Lakes we always use NT sites, well maintained and run.
Would be more than happy to rejoin NT if it gave overnight parking for £10.
If charges are any less it will unfortunately attract the type that already give campervan/motorhomers a bad name.
The last thing NT want is a rubbish filled carpark, if that happens scheme will be halted.
Having said that, at half term staying at Wasdale NT I had to remove and bin a bag of rubbish left by a lady on the next pitch.
Some times I do wonder about people.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
To prevent rubbish being dumped they should not provide bins.

Why is it when a small bin is present at a location it is used as expected until full then although its a bin and full, more rubbish is then left next to full bin until there is a complete pile of rubbish.
Now the people placing the rubbish next to the bin are not 'rubbish dumpers' its a case as a mental thought of 'Oh there is a bin its full but I can leave this bag or rubbish next to the full bin' someone will take it away.

No bin on site. People today in the main observe no dumping of rubbish and thus do not leave a bag of rubbish for someone else to take.

Cie

Jul 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Custom Build
Keep writing to the National Trust to tell them what you would like to see.
Apparently they are still considering the next stages, having done some trials over the summer, so our input and feedback now will be really helpful.
Email enquiries@nationaltrust.org.uk

**Now is the time for contacting the National Trust ** The current state of play is as follows:

“The NT listened to CAMpRA and the 7,000+ people that contacted them, by launching a 3 site trial for overnight parking. Our understanding is that the trial was deemed a success, there is now an internal NT review of the trial, the outcome of which will decide whether or not to roll out a stopover scheme across as many NT sites as possible.
The National Trust Management have NOT yet decided, so if you want it contact the NT and tell them.”

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Therefore, we’re working up a plan to allow campervan and motorhome users to stay overnight at more of our places. We’ve been trialling this in the Lake District this year and we’re now considering how we roll this out across selected locations next year.”’

If there are a reasonable amount of places at NT to stay I would join them yearly.

I’m sure many others would also.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Great news. I have emailed some time ago but had no reply. I'll keep at though as this is a great idea and the main reason we'd join up.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Why not have another rate for campers who wish to stop over then when you log your card at the sites they know your there or even set up a direct debit tpye payment where when you log your card in if staying overnight is charges you direct and you pay 'IN FULL' at the end of the month
I would be happy either way

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
good news hopefully might put some waste disposal points in as well
I wonder whether the waste point challenge might be better directed at the supermarkets and filling stations. AFAICS we need to get more of these we need to make it as easy as possible. As numbers grow it makes a lot of sense to encourage people who already have the infrastructure and a vested interest in getting you in to their premises - so while one of you makes a start on the shopping the other one does the tanks and toilets .

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Ive tried to make this point on the Campra forum but don't seem to be allowed to post anything can you post Speve ?

Edit to say: Ive just had another go and managed to post there.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
It's to be hoped the N.T. observation team are able to distinguish the difference between genuine leisure Motorhome and Caravan users, as opposed to a contingent of a similarly equipped minority only identifiable by the non U.K. non European mainland number plates ;). Is that P.C. compliant ?
Mike.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
what oi meant was not setting up a camp pitch.
Fair enough. Too many posters (like CaMpRA, which has the aim "Provide safe, overnight parking spaces") still don't appreciate the difference between parking and camping.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back