More fun and games with the bloody Sargent in the Autotrail (1 Viewer)

Rubato

Free Member
Nov 2, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
2 yrs full time
Just checked under the step and everything is mint clean. The motor is getting a solid charge voltage. However, the push button is getting 4.73 volts, exactly what the EM50 is sending out to it. Gonna be that board again for sure.

Rubato

Free Member
Nov 2, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
2 yrs full time
Yes, upon reading something somewhere else i think it is somwhere between 4.5-5.0 that is the correct voltage, that is what I was getting also on the limit feed.

I then wondered whether the whole system was confused and pulled the two main battery fuses from the EC325 and disconnected the EM50. Now I've plugged it all back in I have absolutely zero voltage on anything step related on that harness connector, not even the 2 x 12v motor feeds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rubato

Free Member
Nov 2, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
2 yrs full time
Am i correct in thinking that to test the step with a separate 12v supply it is just a case of reversing polarity on the two motor connectors, one way for in one for out?

Rubato

Free Member
Nov 2, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
2 yrs full time
We're onto Sargent now. The thing is it always seems like Jaws problem, intermittent and every 20minutes it does something new. Here is my explanation of yesterday. Check the states of your battery compartment temp sensors too as ours had totally disintegrated and i suspect may be part to blame for a strange death of 2 x 110s

Yesterday I took the cover from the step, all connections including the limit switch look clean.

We were getting 13.1 volts at conn9 and 10 on the harness connector, 4.73 on conn13 for the pushbutton and similar for the limit switch.

With us having problems and putting in new batteries I thought I would reset everything, so I pulled the 2x 20amp battery fuses on the EC325, didconnected vehicle neg and em50 unit then plugged everything back in.

Now we have zero voltage at any of the above mentioned connectors. Is it worth me checking anything else or is this scenario an EM50 problem?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back