More French Rules (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
There are plenty of posts on this subject, I just picked this one to post on because it is fairly recent.

Interesting comment from the FICC: (Fédération Internationale de Camping, Caravanning et Autocaravaning)
"Fines for missing plaques(stickers)in France.
Since1 January this year, goods vehicles with a maximum weight of over 3,500 kgs must displaystickers on either side of the cab and on the right hand side of the vehicle’s tail. These stickers are25x17cms and if they are missing you are subject to a fine of 135€. Several organisations, including FFCC (France) have protested against this measure. NKC (Netherlands) is against the introduction of these stickers because their function is far from clear, they are impracticable and contraryto European regulations. The subject has been brought to the attentionof theEuropean Commission but to date the Commission has failed to comment."

Note they refer to goods vehicles! As far as motorhomes are concerned, perhaps in the fullness of time we will see the demise of these useless stickers.
ezee

If the French legislation reads 'goods' vehicles it only applies to Vehicle Category 'N' and not 'M' which should be what is on MHs V5c

Geoff

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
So I'm making some angles morts signs for a RHD MH, but just a thought, the standard French sign
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 20.18.05.png

shows a pointed area in front of the vehicle that is a blind spot caused by the left hand side windscreen pillar, but a RHD vehicle would have that blind spot on the other side, however theres no room on the standard sign to change this.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Saw a truck at a local roundabout with these signs stuck on his cab doors...
If the warning is accurate, then anyone seeing those stickers is stuffed.
Like plastering a lift shaft with warning signs... if you're in the lift shaft, the warning is too late.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Saw a truck at a local roundabout with these signs stuck on his cab doors...
If the warning is accurate, then anyone seeing those stickers is stuffed.
Like plastering a lift shaft with warning signs... if you're in the lift shaft, the warning is too late.
Though exactly the same thought I had when we stopped in a lay-bye on the way back, there was a foreign lorry with them on the drivers door.
If your putting it there best it says your 🤬ed 😂😂

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Its just a stupid idea, but the French do this stuff from time to time.

I do wonder if they have a stupid ideas division within the government somewhere (bit like the ministry of silly walks)

But I guess we have some stupid rules also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back