LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I am certain that I could make a sucker version very easily and much cheaper than the German supplier. The stickers, the suckers and some 1mm thin plastic sheet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Two questions.
Does the sticker apply if I have rear view driving camera and two good rear view mirrors? As suggested earlier.
How many do I actually need?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I got the basic stickers and some suction cups with threaded mounts so I can easily put them on and off and store.

20210325_150938.jpg

20210325_150949.jpg

20210325_151007.jpg

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
I’ve bought some magnetic sheets and stuck the signs on them. They’ll do for cab doors as they are metal. Working on a solution for rear, non metallic panel. ‘Command’ Velcro might work so I don’t damage the paintwork

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Just found this :

• On each side (left and right) between 0m-1m of the front, excluding glass surfaces

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I can see one disadvantage of fitting them is that it signals that the vehicle is over 3.5t, so for a MH that could be under or over 3.5t it makes ignoring a 3.5t limit a bit risky and inconvenient. Never been checked for that yet.

I might risk being stopped, and checked for weight plate, for not having the stickers.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Surley you would all want to be honest, and comply to the laws of any country you travel too, including all the charges that go with that.
What makes you think that?

If you read the posts on these forums people are always looking how to "bend" the rules, whether it's smuggling bacon into France or flouting covid rules, by going for an "essential" drive to charge the battery.

Most posters think the rules only apply to everyone else.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline

If you read the posts on these forums people are always looking how to "bend" the rules, whether it's smuggling bacon into France or flouting covid rules, by going for an "essential" drive to charge the battery.

My point exactly. Maybe I should have put some smileys.

It’s funny how people like some rules/laws, but only the ones they want.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
A

The areas that we can't see when we look in our mirrors i.e blind spots or as the French call them 'Angles Mort'. The 'blind spot' stickers are to remind and show cyclists that there are areas where they can't be seen and to take care.
Once again pandering.
Instead of instructing the cyclist to be aware and road savvy ...ie not wedge yourself between a bloody big truck bus or motorhome and instead to wait a few seconds till the big motor has moved ....no instead we all have to waste money with pointless stickers the idiot cyclists won't look at

And is the good will returned by making cyclists wear big bright coloured cones on their heads so we can see them as they pop on the pavement to skip lights or just cycle through them etc

No because as usual its let hit the road users that pay to be on them and have insurance....

Nanny state getting worse

We will soon be back to someone walking in front with a flag or flashing light

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

They do don't they?

Personally i only follow rules i think are sensible and justified ....the rest i tend to ignore

These days theres even rules for the rules .....society sucks

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can't see the point. If someone is stupid enough to need a sign to tell them to take care they're too daft to take any notice of it. I guess it's for those who need 'may contain nuts' signs on peanuts :LOL:
Thats exactly who its for ...
Supposed to be a more educated society these days than decades ago ....but no common sense .

If a cyclist is sitting at the side of my van where he can read the sticker then he's an idiot and deserves to be slapped.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Why is it always the motorist that has to look after cyclists? Why don’t cyclists have to look after themselves?
They cannot all be thick enough to ride up the inside of any vehicle can they?
It is after all against the law to undertake which is why us motorcyclists go on the outside of vehicles when filtering. If cyclists want to get to the front they should do it the same way as motorcyclists. The cyclists should also take responsibility for their own safety and not expect others to do it for them.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Why is it always the motorist that has to look after cyclists? Why don’t cyclists have to look after themselves?
It is after all against the law to undertake which is why us motorcyclists go on the outside of vehicles when filtering. If cyclists want to get to the front they should do it the same way as motorcyclists. The cyclists should also take responsibility for their own safety and not expect others to do it for them.
Exactly 👏👏

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

So said cyclist nips up the inside, and lorry squashes him as he turns right (in France) Does the displaying of the Angles Mort, the right indicator flashing, definitely abdicate the lorry driver from liability. You bet your graffiti it doesn't. All a bloody waste of time. But explaining that view to a Gendarme would be pointless.

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
just drive closer to the pavement, don't give them room to squeeze in.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
So said cyclist nips up the inside, and lorry squashes him as he turns right (in France) Does the displaying of the Angles Mort, the right indicator flashing, definitely abdicate the lorry driver from liability. You bet your graffiti it doesn't. All a bloody waste of time. But explaining that view to a Gendarme would be pointless.
No, but the Angles Morts stickers may help to protect your paintwork from the blood; if it doesn't, just unpeel the sticker and uses it like a wet wipe that has superior adhesion. :rolleyes: Tbf, I haven't witnessed or experienced any 'protected hooligan' riding in France; it's all been politeness and bonhomie. Unlike UK bike riders who want priority on both footpaths and the road.

Roadtrains of geriatric Germans on ebikes in Spain are a special case, and just ride at you on the pavement, even sans cycle lane. We made a special point of walking 2 abreast [as we were entitled to do] on the narrow paths from Camping Allegria into Benicarlo. We did have quite a few altercations when they stopped, but at least they learned some new English vocabulary relating to solo erotic pleasures ... ;)

Steve

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Im gonna fit cameras instead ...sod putting those ugly things on the side of my van for the few hours or rarely days i spend in france getting to a nice country

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I love how the cyclists coming up behind us on the canal tow path ring their bell to get us to move out of their way. Can you imagine their reaction if I did this to them on the road when I want to get passed in my car or van. Seems like they want it all ways.

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I love how the cyclists coming up behind us on the canal tow path ring their bell to get us to move out of their way. Can you imagine their reaction if I did this to them on the road when I want to get passed in my car or van. Seems like they want it all ways.
How else would you suggest that they let you know they are there? I have lost count of the number of times I have politely spoken to walkers to let them know I am there, only to be met by the response "haven't you got a bloody bell on that thing?"

Mar 26, 2020
Uranus
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
No because as usual its let hit the road users that pay to be on them and have insurance....
It used to amuse me when idiot car drivers would shout similar things at me when I was commuting on my bike to work. At home I had a motorhome (£160 VED), a large-ish car (£240) and Mrs Despicable had a car (£150-ish). Oh, and at work the company was paying over £1200 VED for the truck unit I drove.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back