More clamp downs in Spain next year. (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Screenshot_20190926-124907_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190926-125019_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190926-125225_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190926-125300_Chrome.jpg

Not a very good copy and translation. :doh:

Is it too many motorhomes or motorhome owners having too much information on the web causing the problems, we have spent this trip in Spain and Portugal, free parked most of the time, had some horrific looks when I squeeze into a spot from my fellow motorhomers that think they are on a campsite :RollEyes::wink: we don't need much room with a sliding door. :rofl:
If we wish to get our chairs out, put the awning out or dry washing we go somewhere on our own, not a prime pitch over looking the beach,:RollEyes::cooler: I will add most of the culprits have been French. :unsure: Bob.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
This could be a good arrangement if they set up facilities to accommodate motor homes in the places they like to visit with both the Campers and the local communities benefiting. If the prices are too high they will loose out and if they get the balance right, it will be a win win situation

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This could be a good arrangement if they set up facilities to accommodate motor homes in the places they like to visit with both the Campers and the local communities benefiting. If the prices are too high they will loose out and if they get the balance right, it will be a win win situation

Agree in one respect, but having prime parking for motorhomes is few and far between, I think it will be ' we have provided an area ' and probably will not loose out because of the fines they dish out. :doh:
They have quite a few aires in northern Spain but it was that busy when we went in mid August, we headed back into Portugal. :laughing:
Although we use park4night and so on, I would say its causing the problem. :RollEyes:
It's so easy, and all those people that used campsites and never had to do their homework love it. :D2 Bob.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I understand why the Portuguese and Spanish authorities want to bring some order but Think they would be better advised to put paid aires in decent places.

We tried 2 caravan sites to visit Porto last week both were behind houses dark and dingy a d one was full anyway.

I'm happy enough to pay, but I would like something a bit more choice of location etc.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I understand why the Portuguese and Spanish authorities want to bring some order but Think they would be better advised to put paid aires in decent places.

We tried 2 caravan sites to visit Porto last week both were behind houses dark and dingy a d one was full anyway.

I'm happy enough to pay, but I would like something a bit more choice of location etc.
We always park at what's known as the haunted house, in fact twice this trip, as Janie fles back from Porto and I was there 4 nights alone, never had a problem. :cooler: Bob.
Screenshot_20190926-184204_park4night.jpg

Deleted User
I'm happy to pay for dedicated motorhome sites with no caravans. There are some great camperstops over there and some pretty grotty ones as well. The big commercial sites are getting expensive and very clicky with long stayers who don't appreciate interlopers.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

GNR police say motorhomers must adopt an “environmentally-friendly” behaviour as camping in non-authorised areas not only” jeopardises nature and the environment, but also poses risks to public health.”

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
All I will say it will end in tears,? people seem to change as soon as they go to another country. ?
I can't remember seeing motorhomers in the UK, standing facing peoples windows having a p!$$, :Eeek: parking somewhere for months at a time with no facilities to dispose of waste, ? smashing no motorhome signs down, ? when a barrier has been concreted in the entrance, just make another entrance, ? walking along the street with 8 litre bottle of p and dumping it in the bin.......... ? in broad daylight. ?
Surely if somewhere has signs and it's tolerated in winter, smashing the signs down is one of the best ways to get moved on, if they have put a barrier it's for a reason, what's the next step ditch dug round every piece of land like they do to stop travellers, ? and a total ban and be pushed though every town like the unwanted. ?
We like to free park, but only stop two or three days and move on, trying not to upset anyone. ? Bob.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Regretfully we're all preaching to the choir. :banghead:

Strange as it may seem judging by the reactions we've received out and about, and recently helping Jim out at the NEC, the majority of motorhomers have never heard of MotorhomeFun. So the word just simply isn't getting out there, a problem I'm sure Jim is trying to address with the production of the new magazine. It behoves us all to actively put the word out or we're going to suffer more and more restrictions due to the actions of the ignorant.

Yes there are apparently thousands of folk out there who "lurk" and read the posts; so what are YOU doing about it? I learned a long time ago that if someone is prepared to do something, everybody else will say "great" and let them.

We always carry a bundle of introduction cards, one of which we hand to any motor-homer we meet who hasn't heard of us. Next time you're at a show where Jim is present ask him for some.

Of course the next question is what do you then do about other nationalities?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
All I will say it will end in tears,? people seem to change as soon as they go to another country. ?
I can't remember seeing motorhomers in the UK, , ? walking along the street with 8 litre bottle of p and dumping it in the bin.......... ? in broad daylight. ?

i cant remember seeing bottles of p*ss dumped along the motorways or A roads in France like there are in the UK .... thats because there are decent facilities. i'm certainly NOT condoning it, in fact i would be happy to see action taking against the bin dumpers as identified in the above quote and the bottle dumpers along our roads, but i suspect even with more facilities that some people, dare i say nationalities, wont change ....

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I don't think more facilities would make any difference with some people, we have loads of bins in Spain but many can't be @***d to use them, Janie is always shouting at people that drop litter, and that includes cigarette ends, clearing up after their dogs and so on. ?
Janie walks the beach most days picking up litter ( and others ) and goes out for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings with the plastic patrol group clearing up after other people. ?

How many times have you been parked on an official aire, and motorhomes pee outside to save them emptying the cassette, and they are people that park there because there are facilities and too lazy to use them. ?
The trouble is there are not enough police, to do anything about it, the only way to stop most things is through your pocket, ? a few fines dished out and anyone with half a brain doesn't do it again. ? Bob.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I don't think more facilities would make any difference with some people, we have loads of bins in Spain but many can't be @***d to use them, Janie is always shouting at people that drop litter, and that includes cigarette ends, clearing up after their dogs and so on. ?
Janie walks the beach most days picking up litter ( and others ) and goes out for a couple of hours on Sunday mornings with the plastic patrol group clearing up after other people. ?

How many times have you been parked on an official aire, and motorhomes pee outside to save them emptying the cassette, and they are people that park there because there are facilities and too lazy to use them. ?
The trouble is there are not enough police, to do anything about it, the only way to stop most things is through your pocket, ? a few fines dished out and anyone with half a brain doesn't do it again. ? Bob.
I've seen the. Spanish do it in daylight on Aires Inc yesterday in Santander whilst another one was dribbling grey waste.
Mm sounds rude but You Know what I mean.It's the norm for the locals.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
My reply Copied and pasted from February 2019.

We walked through the middle of the Motorhomes parked on Private land near the WOK in Javea yesterday.

The motorhomes are mostly Dutch and Belgian registered at the moment.

One motorhome stuck out in particular. A Dutch registered motorhome that had marked out a territory with cones and rocks, in a bid to prevent other motorhomes parking next to them.

I thought! What a cheeky 8astard. They have come from a country where it is illegal to do what they are doing. Then, to not only park on a private piece of land but to mark out a plot to stop others doing the same.

No wonder we get such a bad name.

So glad it was not a British Reg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Galicia is in the North West of Spain and is nowhere near as popular as the Med coast. Although it has got some fabulous scenery.

I don't see this as a clamp down really. This sentence is most telling.
"One of the main issues is that the councils lack service areas so, above all, in small town halls there should be financing for their creation"
That is exactly what we want isn't it? I certainly am willing to pay a reasonable charge for these facilities.

A refreshing difference between these local authorities and the ones in the UK. Over here our councils would probably "deal with" the problem by putting up "no overnighting" signs all over the place to encourage motorhomers to take their money elsewhere.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When it come to 'illegal' on the Continent it means that unless it is definitely permitted and says so , it is illegal. In UK it is permitted unless specified as not permitted. This is because they are using Napoleonic law as a basis. There are some UK advantages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back