More campsites in France are starting to open (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....

as the thread over the weekend pointed out, campsites are opening for mobile home owners, so its the first step at last. its likely to only be in certain regions though but hopefully there will be a domino effect ......

just need travel to be unrestricted now and our booking on the 16th june will be go, go, go !!

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
We've been joined by motorhomes staying overnight at our Aire a few times recently - I'm not sure what the rules in France are but if this is allowed are we then allowed to stay anywhere up to 100km from our attested lockdown Aire?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
sorry for the confusion, mobile (mobil) homes in france are static caravans, but its a positive step forward. we have a mobile home on the Vendee, but i think the decision is made on a regional basis

i also believe that the 100km and within region rules still apply, though Mr Macron is due to review everything on Thursday evening, so with the press leaks, i assume we will know more around Thursday dinner time

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Do the French distinguish between 'mobile homes' and 'motorhomes' in the same way as the British?

Yes, a motorhome = Camping Car in FR. So the announcement so far relates to statics but it's a great step as mentioned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back