More C&MC warden crap, sorry (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Sorry to post again about the numpty wardens club. Parked on the post as we have done for over 35 years like a good little member. Adolf (The Warden) decided we should be the other way round so that our door was facing into the pitch. As we are continental and LHD I've never had an issue until jobsworth went walkabout looking for victim's. We just packed up and drove off. Are the C&MC intend on driving people away. This was at Culloden Moor so drove along the road to Ardtower Site and totally different attitude. The owner said her only rule is you don't park on your roof. She also added the regimental wardens at Culloden were great for her business.
We've only been on the road 1 week and have had our bottom smacked twice by jumped up wardens. What's happening to these sites as we've had very few issue's over the year's.
It would be very interesting to run a pole on here to vote for a yes or no to regimental sites. Let's be honest we're only on holiday and not trying to kill each other.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We used to drive into the pitch when we had a German van.

I think in this case Herr Warden may have had a point but I am not sure of that (and nor am I having a go at you).

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Sorry to post again about the numpty wardens club. Parked on the post as we have done for over 35 years like a good little member. Adolf (The Warden) decided we should be the other way round so that our door was facing into the pitch. As we are continental and LHD I've never had an issue until jobsworth went walkabout looking for victim's. We just packed up and drove off. Are the C&MC intend on driving people away. This was at Culloden Moor so drove along the road to Ardtower Site and totally different attitude. The owner said her only rule is you don't park on your roof. She also added the regimental wardens at Culloden were great for her business.
We've only been on the road 1 week and have had our bottom smacked twice by jumped up wardens. What's happening to these sites as we've had very few issue's over the year's.
It would be very interesting to run a pole on here to vote for a yes or no to regimental sites. Let's be honest we're only on holiday and not trying to kill each other.
And if you hadn't what are they going to do call the police ?

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I only ever encountered one stroppy warden who insisted I'd parked wrong way on the pitch and wanted me to turn the van round. I told him to go get his tow truck cos I wasn't going to move it, he gave up when I then went inside and shut the door.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I only ever encountered one stroppy warden who insisted I'd parked wrong way on the pitch and wanted me to turn the van round. I told him to go get his tow truck cos I wasn't going to move it, he gave up when I then went inside and shut the door.

D.
Good for you Dave. We've only met twice so I'm aware of your feelings from conversations many year's ago.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We won't be renewing in December. There is still so much bias in their magazines towards caravanners. Some of the CL sites are now charging £12 - £15 a night. We are thinking of joining the Motor Caravanners Club which - if their name is anything to go by - will be aimed at motorhomers.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We have been on a cmc site this weekend and they were telling people park which ever way round suits you we have never had a problem and we have a Fifth Wheel with the door on the continental side
Thanks for your comments. We've also experienced different sites with different rules but our warden insisted they all had the same rules. Over the years our experience has been meeting mainly flexible wardens. We obviously met the one with you bolt through his neck.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
My little WildAx has a hab door both sides :) and one at the back as well ;)
Haven't tried parking on the roof..... :D

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
I am afraid it is not just their sites, after months in France and Spain using sites, the uk is a bit of a shock, but I prebooked for the number of nights I required, that in itself is a pain, but I arrived early, my pitch was empty I was informed but I would either have to go away and return in an hour and a half or pay £5, I felt I had already paid more than enough and went and away and returned later. On booking in I asked if it was ok for someone to come and collect something from us the next day, was told ok if he checked into reception first, we did as requested and my husband was still approached to ask how long he would be staying, his car was not on the park. Uk camp sites have a lot to learn

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We often think wardens are doing this , for a living granted , but also for the
" this is my site , I'm important "
It's not even their company but they sometimes like to feel superior . Not always , I may add. We used to get the " you have to park this way in our old MH , being a European .
We just let them have their bit of a jumped up moan and tell them about the lovely places we've just been to and are going onto . Then say aren't they lucky to be here in such a beautiful spot ?
That we had caravans before changing to a Motorhomes 10 year ago . ( @40 not 65 )
Knowing they are there working their nuts off mowing grass and putting up with moaning customers , cleaning people's poo off the loo's and only seeing the place , they are stationed at , on their day off .
We are quite good at passive aggressiveness if We need to be . :lips::Smile:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Following a similar incident the Murvi Owners' Club got a letter from the Caravan Club (as it was at the time) head office which said you could park nose in or out. They sent an electronic copy to all of us - sadly I don't have it to hand.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Following a similar incident the Murvi Owners' Club got a letter from the Caravan Club (as it was at the time) head office which said you could park nose in or out. They sent an electronic copy to all of us - sadly I don't have it to hand.
Thanks. I would really appreciate a copy of this if you find it. I'll PM you with my email address in case.

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
I've had the same "problem". It's to prevent awnings or hab doors facing each other thus offering adjacent campers more privacy. Seems reasonable to me :).
But in 20 years membership I have never seen a 'continental' caravan forced to park nose in either Brit or foreign owned. Mike

Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015

In anticipation of taking the long awaited delivery of our LHD Burstner, I emailed the C&MC as a member, to seek clarification regarding any potential issues when positioning our van on club pitches. Below is the reply, which seems fair enough to me.

Thank you for your enquiry.

You shouldn't incur any issues on our sites, however, the wardens may kindly ask you to park the vehicle in the opposite direction of the adjacent van for privacy. When you arrive on site the wardens will be able to clarify this for you and will be happy to assist.

I hope you are pleased with your new motorhome and we will look forward to welcoming you on site soon.

If I can be any further assistance please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Beth
Email Support Team
Caravan and Motorhome Club

East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, RH19 1UA
+44 (0)1342 336612
www.camc.com

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
The pitch was very sloping as was the whole site. We also had trailer/car.. Our pitch position wasn't really a choice more a must. Used 4 chocks as it was.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
In anticipation of taking the long awaited delivery of our LHD Burstner, I emailed the C&MC as a member, to seek clarification regarding any potential issues when positioning our van on club pitches. Below is the reply, which seems fair enough to me.

You shouldn't incur any issues on our sites, however, the wardens may kindly ask you to park the vehicle in the opposite direction of the adjacent van for privacy. When you arrive on site the wardens will be able to clarify this for you and will be happy to assist.

I hope you are pleased with your new motorhome and we will look forward to welcoming you on site soon.

Kind regards,

Beth
Email Support Team
+44 (0)1342 336612
www.camc.com

Kind regards,

Beth
Email Support Team
+44 (0)1342 336612
www.camc.com
Unfortunately we didn't have that type of warden.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Regardless of where their silly peg is, I always park so my door opens out onto my pitch, why didn't you want to?

I kind of agree with this. I mean it's a daft rule - but it's very well known?

Unless the ground had a slope of course that affected sleeping.

No excuse for a warden being abrupt or rude though - doesn't take any longer to be polite.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Aren't I glad that I am on an aire in France whilst reading this and chuckling.
And yes it is UK spec. camper so we are the opposite way around to our neighbours but it is totally by choice!

Rod

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back