Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Hi
Can anyone recommend a ramp/loading system to place a moped into a motorhome rear garage.
Thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i just use a piece of 4x2 timber . been using mine for 17 yrs now .
surely you must know someone on a building site that can pick a bit up for nought

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Thanks for the info.
Even the use of a bit of timber (nope ain’t happening)
Aluminium seems to be the way to go

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Another vote for the Ally folding thing. Get a couple of bits of foam to prevent scratching the dearly beloved (van, not wife when she is putting it in there for you). The link first provided is a reasonable price

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
i just use a piece of 4x2 timber . been using mine for 17 yrs now .
A single length of anything (timber or aluminium) usually means its length is limited to the width of the mh. A folding ramp can be a bit longer, and still fit in the garage OK. If the bike is a bit heavy and the floor is high (or the ground slopes the wrong way) then the folding ramp is better because it's not as steep.

I have the same one as @funflair and it's fine.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A single length of anything (timber or aluminium) usually means its length is limited to the width of the mh. A folding ramp can be a bit longer, and still fit in the garage OK. If the bike is a bit heavy and the floor is high (or the ground slopes the wrong way) then the folding ramp is better because it's not as steep.

And the aluminium on has a bit of a hump to lift the back wheel and stop the belly pan bottoming when the slope is steep.

Martin

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if

the ground slopes the wrong way you turn the vehicle round and then its really easy.
been putting bikes into the back of my trailer for years ,i,m sure its higher than most m,home garages . i do have an ally ramp here at home but decided the wood works . but every one to their own thoughts .
i just park in ideal places to unload.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back