Moon rising over Quinta Majay. (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Who me.....I will have you know am a local fashion guru :love:.

Didn't realise you are a marionette .... :D ... or are the straps to keep you upright after you've had a bit too much alcohol? :D2

kays-favourites-034-jpg.240845

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Am I alone in hating Ms. Surely it is Miss or Mrs what is a Ms...?
I think it's a respectful term. Why should anyone have a title defined by their marital status? In fact why is it important that the person addressing them should be aware of their marital status?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think it's a respectful term. Why should anyone have a title defined by their marital status? In fact why is it important that the person addressing them should be aware of their marital status?
The plot thickens...So we have completely done away with Miss and Mrs and wedding rings. Replaced everyone with Mr and Ms. or is that Master... This is more complicated than I first thought.....Who decided on all this Tony? Mr Mrs and Miss have been around for a long time, under who's guidance has it all changed???

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Shoulda gone to Speksavers, thats me awning.
Really? Well I never :D ... it actually looks like one of those baby-bouncer things that you hang in a doorway ...

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The plot thickens...So we have completely done away with Miss and Mrs and wedding rings. Replaced everyone with Mr and Ms. or is that Master... This is more complicated than I first thought.....Who decided on all this Tony? Mr Mrs and Miss have been around for a long time, under who's guidance has it all changed???
I don't think there was a sudden change. Many women rightly object to an inappropriate title and as more women started to receive business communications how would the sender know how to address them? It appears that Ms became a way of circumventing the problem. I can see no objection to it and, as l said, it is more respectful than getting it wrong. Men happily dropped Master that used to be used for an unmarried man but continued to use Miss for an unmarried woman. Why? Is it more important to know that a woman is unmarried than to know that a man is unmarried? It was, but l thought we'd moved on?

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I’ve just changed my name by deed poll and am now known by my maiden name. The registrar asked if I’d like to be known as Miss or Ms. I found it quite exciting as the last time I was known by my maiden name (40 years ago) ‘Ms’ hadn’t been invented. Anyway, I’ve gone for ‘Ms’, for no other reason than it sounded a bit ‘edgier’ and it’s been a while since I’ve been described as ‘edgier’. And, ‘Miss’ for a lady of a
somewhat ‘respectable’ age sounded a bit too respectable to me. :)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
And I’ll never sleep again knowing Buttons now hates my title. :)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Quinta Majay.

A nice little story about Quinta Majay....

To a Mr & Mrs thread.... "Wow".... :doh:

And ms @JJ How did you come by the name "Quinta Majay".. ??

And presumably Portuguese for what?? :)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
How’s the luxury swimming pool coming along JJ? Did you ever manage to fulfill you ambitious plans?

I still can’t get over how green it is there now. Isn’t nature a wonderful thing.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Miss, applied to the more mature lady, to me has connotations of failure or unfullfillment along the lines of "Maiden Aunts", "Spinster of the Parish" and Dicken's Miss Havisham. After a couple of failed marriages, my sis in law has also gone back to her maiden name (that phrase in itself could open a can of worms :)) and has chosen "Ms", I think it suits.

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
Hi jj, when are you moving south to warmer places:cool:, all being well we are catching the ferry to Roscoff on the 19th dec and driving down through France and Spain to Portugal. we are both Looking forward to seeing you, Ruth.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi jj, when are you moving south to warmer places:cool:, all being well we are catching the ferry to Roscoff on the 19th dec and driving down through France and Spain to Portugal. we are both Looking forward to seeing you, Ruth.

Great!

Are you bringing me the "Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble" witches' cauldron (and tri-pod) I ordered? :whistle:

JJ :cool:

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
Will a wand do ?, also i apologise in advance for the poor showing of your team tomorrow afternoon at about 3pm .Burnley:rolleyes: should win 2-1 ish:whistle:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back