Monocular (1 Viewer)

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Has a one been tempted by this widely promoted offer ?
DA2BBACB-2813-4026-9319-36D29A9A7442.jpeg

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The advert put me off, "taking the UK by storm" and "should this be banned" immediately says to me bs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
The optics and construction are crap, the advertising should be closed down. My friend fell for it and wasted his cash they are glorified toys.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
If you want a Monocular don’t get tempted by cheap ones.
I looked at one in a shop in Wells, 10x50, £65. Brought stuff a good distance away and looked good but quite heavy, ok for a quick look but too heavy to sustain.
Went to CleySpy, was given a box of about 5 monocular of varying mag to ‘play’ with in their grounds. Came away with a Hawke monocular 8x42, £69, lifetime warranty even if accidental damage, very good magnification, clear, much clearer than the 10x5-better lenses and a better weight to hold.
BiL has a cheaper monocular a 12x50, we all spent time comparing the two, mine is a lot sharper and clearer also has a greater field of vision and much heavier which makes using it for any length of time difficult.
Was very impressed with CleySpy, chap there has very good knowledge of his stock and they have ones you can take outside and try, that way if you’re in the market for a monocular or Binoculars you will find the one that suits you!

Last edited:

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
About 20yr ago, mrskevenh bought me a monocular for a birthday/Xmas pressie.
2ECCC81F-05C3-4FD8-94A6-8A1FBF4E09B7.jpeg

From the pic isn't easy to see size but it's about 15cm v 4cm at widest point. edit: my finger is not a cm wide :eek: = Dims: LxWxH = 50x109mm

We went on a naturalist based cruise to Svalbard.
Seeing me using my monocular, other travellers often offered us a look thru their binos.
We politely declined. The more persistent I gave them monocular while I used their binos.
They were surprised at the monocular image.
It's pretty decent for a weight conscious casual twitcher.
With weight no concern or more serious about the hobby, you'd take a bigger spotter scope or decent binos.

Noone has used the OP's monocular :eek:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back