Welsh duo

Free Member
May 27, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all, does anyone use a monitor in their MH for watching the occasional film (would rather Blu Ray than DVD) We don’t really want to watch TV so don’t really need a TV with a built in tuner etc.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
In addition to the monitor you'll also need speakers (unless it's got them built in), blu-ray \ dvd player, probably an amplifier (as the player may not have speaker output), cabling, etc.
Once you start to look at all of that it may be better \ cheaper just to get a combi tv and not plug an aerial into it?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Reversing monitor I assume? It's probably really low resolution, so the difference between DVD and bluray will be nil.

Have you got a tablet or large phone? Or even a laptop? That probably has a better movie watching experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Welsh duo

Free Member
May 27, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We already have a Bose speaker but didn’t think about the sound output from the Blu Ray player! There are a few monitors about with HDCP playback and speakers so just wondered if anyone else had been down this route.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Tried it on one trip a while ago. It basically worked ok. My monitor didn't have speakers but did have an earphone socket so plugged into my bluetooth speaker.

However, we don't watch much and when we do, these days it's normally from a USB stick and monitors don't have the decoding ability to watch anything off USB.

It's quite difficult to find a 12v TV without a DVD player built in (we I don't need) although Cello have a couple the ones I ordered I had to send back as they both had tecnical problems.

So, for the time being, sticking with watching on the laptop.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
A cheap 15" laptop does the job too, good for Netflix, Youtube and DVDs!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back