Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
I have come to the conclusion that most of the people that own motorhomes don't work Mondays, as I have been from Gillingham,kent to Bridgwater and back for a days work and have seen about 60 motorhomes on the road, wish I could retire as well

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, A lot are retired like myself , but just think again!! when retired you never again get weekends or bank holidays again to look forward too. But its not all bad , its just you have to fit in camping / motorhoming / trips away around doctors / hospital appointments etc!!!!
:sin: Terry:sin:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm surprised you only saw 60! We see loads down here. Fidget is right; retirement is not all it's cracked up to be. At least that's what we tell our old friends who are still working......::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Retirement is everything, you can go away when the children are at school. couldn`t do when younger without the crowds , you are your own boss, can go where you want and when you want, able to do things you didn`t have the time to do when working, both my husband and myself tell folks we haven`t the time to go to work :ROFLMAO:we are busier now than ever not enough hours in the day, and folks who say they are bored I feel sorry for, my Daughters said to me ages ago, Mum you will never be bored you have to many hobbies etc. there may come a time when you cannot do or able to do what you want so make the most of it, no one knows what is around the corner and then it is too late, choice has been taken away from you. :cry:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
It's great when the kids want to visit and you can tell them, 'oh we're away for x weeks then' :ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
could it be like me, the vans you saw were haveing a long weekend, Friday to Monday?

I hate going away for the weekend only to pack up sunday morning to go home early.

But as an aside, we were at CC site this weekend and two lots of people were there, who had been away from home for more than six months, both newly retired and both tuggers.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
not retired ,took van to work last Friday, finished work ,straight to site BOW BRIDGE MARINA for quite weekend. parents turned up as they heard i was there. Mum celebrated 78th birthday at weekend Dad 82 both still there and have just brought first van.
driving down M20 counted all the vans coming from ferry/tunnel loads of them on Monday.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back