Moldova In A Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
We have just been to Moldova and stayed there for a few days. Below is the link to our blog site which has photos and a bit of information about out time there.
A few weeks ago I asked on the forum if anyone had some information about motorhoming in Moldova. I received one reply that gave me a link to a person who was riding a bike there. The weather was very bad and the title of the link was "Moldova is Shit". Anyplace on a bike in the rain would be shit in my opinion. Moldova was definitely not shit. We had a great time and the people were very friendly.
As a new member I have benefited from advice on the forums and appreciate the humorous banter but I am not liking some of the negativity that I see on some of the replies.
I enjoy the FUN side of Motorhomefun but lets keep it positive. [end of rant].

Broken Link Removed

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Fun, and forums in general, are all about differences in opinions and where there is disagreement there is negativity. Wouldn't do if we all agreed, there'd be no point in seeking advice if we did. I misread the thread title for a minute and was going to suggest getting a damp check. :LOL:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Confess time: I had to look up Moldova.

So why would anyone want to go to Moldova ?

Edit: I was after something like "The C3 church in Grotzigori has murals painted by god".

But now I've seen your blog I see it's just somewhere quite different and out of many of out comfort zones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Thanks for ya blog, very interesting reading great photos also,enjoy the rest of ya travels,and if ya get up to my neck of the woods give us a holler,your be welcome. cheers Alf

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for a great blog and photos. Very interesting to read about a country I know little about. My preconceived ideas about the place were wrong! Seems you're safer there than other more local parts of Europe!!
Keep the news of your travels going on here please. Great reading.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I too enjoyed the Blog. Going to Moldova has never been on my list so I knew the square root of bugger all about the place.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thank you for writing your blog (agree with your comments about the sniping as well btw).

Moldova is a place I had never thought of visiting but I would not be afraid to go there after reading about your experiences! I think I am more adventurous than my hubby these days - he used to be the one with itchy feet and now I am the one that gets bored and wants to go for an explore :)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Great blog, look forward to more :)

OP
OP
travelbunyip
Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I have and will continue to post our blogs in the blog section of Motorehomefun. We usually put one up about every 5 - 6 days. We will be traveling through Europe in total this trip for 6 months.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Gosh, as it was me who sent you the link I didn't realise you would take it seriously. :):):)

If you read the guy's blog (as I have been which is why I knew he had been to Modovia) you will find he has a quirky look on life and negativity doesn't really come into it.

The original link I sent was this:

Broken Link Removed

But this page only covers his first impressions of the place, you need to read the subsequent four or five pages (you did didn't you?) where right at the end you will find he grew to almost quite like the place and he certainly found the people very friendly.

He's now on a ferry heading back to Singapore after visiting Indonesia.

Broken Link Removed

Anyway, glad you liked Moldovia!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Loved reading your blog. We are heading out that way in September, My wife is Romanian from the Transylvannia Region, beautiful place with amazing forests and lakes. We intend also to drive down to the Black Sea for a few days, really cant wait now. Been there numerous times but this is our first trip in the MH. Great to see you post this blog and hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
he died doing what he loved and knew nothing about it. Good way to go, but yes still sad.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back