Moho lnsurance (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi everyone 😊
Can you help me with my problem getting UK mojo insurance. My/ our problem is that we are returning from Cyprus (permanently) and don't have a permanent UK address or a UK driving licence due to Brexit . We will sometime in the near future acquire a property and license but in the meantime Insurance company,s will not insure us for no more than 28 day,s which is not long enough for us to get settled. We want to live in our motorhome while we find a property it,s been sorned for over 2 year,s now so can't even take it for a mot .How do full time,s get round this ?.
.. your help will be much appreciated
.Len

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
On your 28 day cover or once it’s insured you can take it to a prebooked MOT while it’s on SORN, although you will have to do it close to where you enter the country and not drive for ages to reach the garage.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I think that for insurance purposes you can use the address of a friend or family member.
As M-J said you can drive a SORN'd (i.e. untaxed) vehicle to a 'close' MOT centre for a pre-booked test.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thank,s for that M-J but it still doesn't answer the question how do I get a full year,s insurance with no UK address

OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
I think that for insurance purposes you can use the address of a friend or family member.
As M-J said you can drive a SORN'd (i.e. untaxed) vehicle to a 'close' MOT centre for a pre-booked test.

OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
The insurance companies iv,e spoken to want 3 months utility bill,s etc to prove we are staying there and when iv,e tried to explain my position ie.want to live in moho while we search for a property they say they can't help us .

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Try Comfort for full timing insurance, as far as I am aware they are the only company that do it in the UK. Do you have a friend or family member whose UK address you can use as a C/O address? Alternatively you could use something like Boatmail (http://www.boatmail.co.uk) where they will forward to an address anywhere; or they will scan and forward as an email if you don't have an address where mail could be sent.

I'm sure one of the full timers on here will be along shortly to let you know if there are other options.

OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Thank,s everyone I knew you lot would not let us down 💗

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L
Sep 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Lunar
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hiya Ambulancekidd, moving to Ayrshire with our motorhome hopefully July/Aug where abouts in Ayrshire are you we are moving to the Girvan area

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hiya Ambulancekidd, moving to Ayrshire with our motorhome hopefully July/Aug where abouts in Ayrshire are you we are moving to the Girvan area
Hi, we're about 25miles inland from sunny Girvan.
Girvan was a special place for us to go as children when my dad had his "caravanettes, then down to Glen Trool for some really brilliant nights as a family of four kid's & two adults, memories are made of those kinda nights.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back