jpg_2019

Free Member
Jan 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
If I do go down that Mobilvetta route, i'll make sure we check they're down for the 4.4T option :)
With regards to swinging a cat, I've not seen any Motorhomes that give you ability to swing a cat, what MH's where you thinking of? Unless you're going for something with slide-outs, and the pricing goes through the roof.
Yesterday I was also looking at Rapido 896F, although looks around the same price range.

jpg_2019

Free Member
Jan 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
Picked up our K-Yacht 85 on the 4400 chassis 2 weeks ago, I am a bit of a fiddler and prefer to fix problems myself if I can. We also had no TV throughout but have managed to sort it.

All the F plugs where terminated wrong (screen shorted to centre wire) the aerial input into the amplifier the centre conductor on the F plug was bent over when screwed on, behind the aerial amplifier (remove the speaker above) there is a aerial splitter with more f plugs these where also terminated incorrectly, the coax cables going the the front tv point had been left coiled behind the main control panel and where not terminated, the front tv point had 2 coax cables going up to behind the control panel these where also not terminated.

one benefit of all this investigation was I fount a Truma Inet box that Marquis did not know was supplied tucked behind the main control panel.

Now I need to sort the Dab radio as It gets no channels.

Otherwise we love the van

Good luck.

Eddie H

Free Member
Jul 18, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Picked up our K-Yacht 85 on the 4400 chassis 2 weeks ago, I am a bit of a fiddler and prefer to fix problems myself if I can. We also had no TV throughout but have managed to sort it.

All the F plugs where terminated wrong (screen shorted to centre wire) the aerial input into the amplifier the centre conductor on the F plug was bent over when screwed on, behind the aerial amplifier (remove the speaker above) there is a aerial splitter with more f plugs these where also terminated incorrectly, the coax cables going the the front tv point had been left coiled behind the main control panel and where not terminated, the front tv point had 2 coax cables going up to behind the control panel these where also not terminated.

one benefit of all this investigation was I fount a Truma Inet box that Marquis did not know was supplied tucked behind the main control panel.

Now I need to sort the Dab radio as It gets no channels.

Otherwise we love the van

Good luck.

I have exactly the same, an 85 on a 4400kg. Had it for nearly a year now and absolutely love the van.

Interested what you have said about the inet box. The dealer also told me there would be no inet box in mine. I suppose I have nothing to lose to see if I can connect my phone to it.

andynkim

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 85
Exp
Since 2007
I have exactly the same, an 85 on a 4400kg. Had it for nearly a year now and absolutely love the van.

Interested what you have said about the inet box. The dealer also told me there would be no inet box in mine. I suppose I have nothing to lose to see if I can connect my phone to it.
It was tucked loosely behind the control panel above the habitation door, the bezel unclips from the bottom then there are 4 screws, you have to press the bluetooth connect button before you can connect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
3500kg?

Great van I have a 2001 - love it - quality(y) really don't think I could find better, no matter what age

Same model but mine is plated at 3850kg,

can I get it down to 3500kg? - easier to sell when the time comes and I might not need a C1

The first you need to do is find your local weigh bridge so you can first establish what the actual weight of your motorhome is? You need to request a front axle weigh and the rear axle weigh and finally the overall vehicle weight..

Then contact SVtech with the information you have and they will then advise if it can be done and what further information they need. Its a very simple process and simply a paperwork exercise after the initial weigh in..

You can of course call me here in the office if this doesn't make any sense? 01580 883060

James

Eddie H

Free Member
Jul 18, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
It was tucked loosely behind the control panel above the habitation door, the bezel unclips from the bottom then there are 4 screws, you have to press the bluetooth connect button before you can connect.

Well I can’t believe it. It’s funny Marquis don’t know these vans are coming with them already installed.

Thanks Andy for the info.

I wonder if Marquis have sold any inet systems on these vans.

Anyway all set up now with the app on my phone.

I can now lie in bed and control the heating from my phone and I haven’t had to pay the £250 plus for the privilege.

A6FF3F8E-AAAE-4278-A93F-3C80D9778FFC.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Goodwitch

Free Member
Mar 1, 2022
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Hi Janey,

My wife and I only looked at a number of branded A-Class vans yesterday including Frankia, Rapido, Hymer and Pilote. Here are a few thoughts:

1. Pilote: We currently own a MY17 Pilote P740GJ (low profile) so being inquisitive I looked at the same van but in A-Class guise. In general the quality was as good as last years model but I could still see a few slight deficiencies where the company has tried to reduce weight. However, at a temporary reduced dealer price of £66k then it was a great bargain price. That said, the front end of the Pilote A-Class was made or very poor quality plastic panels with an ill-fitting bonnet so I discounted it straight away. The front end is quite uuuurrrrgly too.

2. Hymer: The price range was between £90K and £113K and to be honest I found the Hymer range to lack lustre compared to the various price tags stamped on the front screens. The quality was OK but like the Pilote you could see some areas where Hymer was desperately trying to reduce weight. The outside of the Hymers looked quite smart and they were practical vans but just not worth the money - overpriced IMO by 10-20%.

3. Next was the Rapido A-class range from the 8094 to the tag-axle (£78k to £123k). The exteriors looked great and well put together but the interiors resembled the type of room that you would find in a dodgy Soho hotel. I was not impressed by any of the Rapido A-Class vans in terms of quality but even more worrying was the incredibly poor payloads that came with the vans (not the £123k tag-axle though).

4. Lastly, and the one we went to view and buy was the Frankia Range (£90k to £165k). They are incredibly well built vans but to buy a Frankia you need to have the interior design taste of a 1920's pit village house, preferably with pebble dashed exterior and with three ducks on the living room wall. The interiors were bl@@dy awful. We looked at the 8400 Platin and all I can say is that it looked like a Soviet refuelling tanker from the cold war - enough said, we will no longer be buying one.

It was a most disappointing day but the whole experience proved that an A-Class van is no longer on our Xmas list. We will keep the van we have currently.

In conclusion- my mutterings above will probably be as much use to you as a chocolate fireguard; sorry!!:rolleyes:

Best wishes,

Andrew
I totally agree with all of the above. We have travelled the length and breadth of the UK for a motorhome. I have came to the conclusion that there are not many female designers working for these companies. No disrespect to non binary or creative males and any other gender out there but with respect who puts an oven above a fridge for example. The average age of MH buyers is over 55 years and have to catapult themselves 6 feet in the air to get to bed, putting a night time toilet visit into a Bear Grylls challenge. Sometimes the sitting area is so tight it's like the crypton factor moving the table left, right and up and down to get out or in. With modern technology why is there a heavy 14" TV tucked in a cupboard. Where are the flip down designs from the ceiling or clever LED designs. Technology seems to have been omitted in these vans and I'm surprised with all young families that I know with 4 mobile phones, ipads, game boxes and computers. Oh - and not enough plugs and USB that we need to google and add ourselves. I'm not surprised there are many out there designing there own build if they have had the same experience as us. Many own builds I have seen on you tube are terrific and should be employed by some companies.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back