Mobilvetta & Marquis

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by Bustup15, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Jonno1103

Jonno1103 Funster

Ratings:
    +131
    Thanks for pointing that out...It looks like I was completely wrong. My post needs to be ignored totally!

AT's have 85 litre waste tanks and only recently had their fresh water increased to 135 from 100.

The Technical Data sub heading on the individual vans website page gives the fuel capacities for all but the Tributes, as ramsthom also highlights.

2. Bustup15

Bustup15 Funster

Ratings:
    +86
    Finally received a reply from Marquis today , although nothing to date from the manufacturer - not a good sign is it! Quoted below

For the Fiat side of your warranty you would need to enquire with a Fiat dealer.

For the Mobilvetta habitation warranty to remain valid, annual servicing should be done through your supplying dealer as anything we do may invalidate it as we do not supply LHD vehicles.

Any work carried out by us would be chargeable.

I'm rapidly going off Mobilvetta in general and Marquis specifically. They don't or can't supply the vehicle in the specification I want so they aren't bothered about any form of support.

The reply above seems to state , if you didn't buy from us we don't give a monkeys. I can't comprehend why a manufacturer would allow a sole country distributor to act in this fashion. Surely it is in their own interests to provide some form of reassurance to their prospective customers who increasingly are travelling away from their home/purchase base?

Can anyone provide specific examples of other manufacturers who provide some form of Europe or world wide warranty and service cover? When a buyer is looking to spend £70k - £100k+ it's an astonishing position to take.

Incidentally, what does a habitation service cover and what could be so different between a LHD and RHD drive setup that an authorised dealer could invalidate the warranty?

• Like it Like it x 2
  3. The Wino

The Wino Funster

Ratings:
    +6,897
    I suppose if most manufacturers can sell all thay make as things are and get away with paying dealers a low rate for warranty work why change?

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. Speve

Speve Funster

Ratings:
    +4,972
    Hymer we had a 2015 Exsis LHD imported from Germany and I was able to have any warranty work done in UK I approached Premier Motorhomes and they were great and we have new van now and they have said they can do any work for us. What you do need to bear in mind is that they will treat customers who have purchased vans from them with priority so you just have to be patient and wait for a free spot.(y)(y)(y)

5. Bustup15

Bustup15 Funster

Ratings:
    +86
    POSSIBLE BREAKTHROUGH WITH WARRANTY SUPPORT ON IMPORTED MOBILVETTA

Further to my earlier post below I received a phone call from Marquis. They have agreed that subject to Mobilvetta confirming the same, that they will honour habitation warranties and provide technical support and servicing on an imported vehicle.

That much more the response I would have expected and it will hopefully be confirmed in the next day or so - will keep you posted.

Finally received a reply from Marquis today , although nothing to date from the manufacturer - not a good sign is it! Quoted below

For the Fiat side of your warranty you would need to enquire with a Fiat dealer.

For the Mobilvetta habitation warranty to remain valid, annual servicing should be done through your supplying dealer as anything we do may invalidate it as we do not supply LHD vehicles.

Any work carried out by us would be chargeable.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bustup15

Bustup15 Funster

Ratings:
    +86
    BACK TO SQUARE 1 - WHAT A PITY
    Received a further phone call from Marquis this morning. Mobilvetta warranty is only covered in the country of original purchase. Any issues return to original supplier for rectification.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Funster

Ratings:
    +3,026
    Well done for trying though. A good effort(y)