Mobilvetta K Yacht 80 Layout Reversal (1 Viewer)

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Hi Folks,
I paid a deposit To Marquis Durham on a Mobilvetta K Yacht 80 on the 10th October 2017. I opted for the 4400kg Chassis upgrade. I was informed that the build date would be April 2018. I have heard nothing from the Dealer since.

I was also told that there would be significant enhancements to the spec in 2018 although! no details of these were given (surprise, surprise).

I was told that because I had ordered the Chassis Upgrade the vehicle would be the mirror image of the vehicle displayed. My main question is -will I be disadvantaged in any major way by this reversal of layout?

When ordering a car from new I’ve always had regular updates on the vehicles and been almost able to track its progress. Seems odd not to have had any contact from dealer.

Any help, advice appreciated.

Mirror Moho.jpg

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Hi. We collected a 79 last July which we love. Without having done any digging, I’ve just seen your thread, do you think you will be getting a U.K. version, i.e. one with the hab door on the near side? Worth asking.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nevis

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Hi. We collected a 79 last July which we love. Without having done any digging, I’ve just seen your thread, do you think you will be getting a U.K. version, i.e. one with the hab door on the near side? Worth asking.

Hi,
Really encouraged to hear you love it. Did you have any major issues? Thought they would at least be able to give me a build date by now.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was told that because I had ordered the Chassis Upgrade the vehicle would be the mirror image of the vehicle displayed. My main question is -will I be disadvantaged in any major way by this reversal of layout?[/ATTACH]
Are you sure he's not having you one ... not due on April 1st is it???

There isn't any real reason why you'd end up with a mirror image one due to a chassis change especially from a Euro hab door to a UK hab door location, the other way round maybe if they were producing a sub 3500kg version for the UK but unlikely to do a heavier version purely for the UK as the cost of doing a reverse layout would be very expensive for the small UK market for their MHs.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nevis

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Are you sure he's not having you one ... not due on April 1st is it???

There isn't any real reason why you'd end up with a mirror image one due to a chassis change especially from a Euro hab door to a UK hab door location, the other way round maybe if they were producing a sub 3500kg version for the UK but unlikely to do a heavier version purely for the UK as the cost of doing a reverse layout would be very expensive for the small UK market for their MHs.
Thanks Minxy Girl,
No April fool I hope as, apparently, it will be built April and delivered in May! What you say makes a lot of sense so I am still confused as to why the dealer insisted that this would be the case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I wouldn't expect to hear from them till mid August when they explain why it's not ready
I'd never buy anything that did not have rubber and tarmac touching each other :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Denis Jayes

Free Member
Apr 4, 2018
Funster No
Hi, we've put a deposit on a K Yacht 80 and are in the throw's of trying to sell our Hymer B544 (2011). We've not yet fully committed to purchasing the new MH Andare seeking some reassurance that we're doing the right thing, especially weight wise? Any advice?

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
possibly the heavy chassis are built to special order depending on where they are destined for, 3.5's are a production line run

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, we've put a deposit on a K Yacht 80 and are in the throw's of trying to sell our Hymer B544 (2011). We've not yet fully committed to purchasing the new MH Andare seeking some reassurance that we're doing the right thing, especially weight wise? Any advice?

I think they are nice looking vans for the money, but only you can determine if you are doing the right thing, a component part of which may depend on whether the chassis you’ve opted for has the available user payload to meet your requirements?

The 3.5 chassis does not seem to be generously endowed with user payload based on this link:-

SPECIFICATION
Berths:
Designated Seats: 4
Conversion: A Class
Transmission: Manual
Engine Size: 2.0
Year: 2018
Fuel: Turbo Diesel
Layout: Rear L-Shaped Lounge
Width: 2.35m
Length: 6.99m
Unladen Weight: 3160kg
Max Weight: 3500kg
Payload: 340kg

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
User payload will be inadequate i woukd have thought. Is the unladen weight the miro?
Also, if you have placed a deposit you are committed and if you withdraw you may loose your deposit.
Also ensure that any money paid as a deposit MUST BE PLACED IN A CLIENT ACCOUNT BY END OF THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY AND THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU PAPERWORK WITH THE ACCOUNT DETAILS TO PROVE THIS.
This means that your funds are protected if anything happens to the dealership.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nevis

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
As I mentioned at the start of this thread I opted for the 4400kg Chassis and ordered last October. It was after listening to advice on this forum re. payload that I reconsidered and opted for the heavier chassis.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Our MH has the weight upgrade and auto which I’m loving. Knew we would have to be cautious with payload but it is the van we want, style, extras, layout (mh79) and the fact it is A class. After years in a caravan we found on swapping loads of stuff we never used. We have not weighed the Moho yet as we know we are not overloaded yet. We have added an awning and spare wheel and carrier and travel light. Only two of us will use this Moho, may not suit families. Mike

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
As I mentioned at the start of this thread I opted for the 4400kg Chassis and ordered last October. It was after listening to advice on this forum re. payload that I reconsidered and opted for the heavier chassis.

You've done a fab job in ordering the 4400kg chassis as I honestly don't believe that these vans are able to function at 3650kg or below. The likes of Marquis do a fantastic job of avoiding all forms of payload chat when it comes to the larger Mobilvetta range.

Upvote 0

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I think they are nice looking vans for the money, but only you can determine if you are doing the right thing, a component part of which may depend on whether the chassis you’ve opted for has the available user payload to meet your requirements?

The 3.5 chassis does not seem to be generously endowed with user payload based on this link:-

SPECIFICATION
Berths:
Designated Seats: 4
Conversion: A Class
Transmission: Manual
Engine Size: 2.0
Year: 2018
Fuel: Turbo Diesel
Layout: Rear L-Shaped Lounge
Width: 2.35m
Length: 6.99m
Unladen Weight: 3160kg
Max Weight: 3500kg
Payload: 340kg

Just a point , I recently went to Marquis and the “ sales manager” ( that was his title on card) did not know the difference between unladen and what MIRO included/excluded and in 6 years( he said) had never heard of the 3050kg unladen weight rule on speed limits
I left him with his Benimar with a HUGE garage and TINY payload
Clueless

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Just a point , I recently went to Marquis and the “ sales manager” ( that was his title on card) did not know the difference between unladen and what MIRO included/excluded and in 6 years( he said) had never heard of the 3050kg unladen weight rule on speed limits
I left him with his Benimar with a HUGE garage and TINY payload
Clueless
Yes that sounds like Marquis. I went to Durham last year to look at a Tessoro and said "sales manager" didn't even know that an auto box was a cost option. Mind you I find most of them don't know the finer points of the product they're selling... One even tried to convince me that a preloved Frontier Navajos alloy wheels were an after market purchase by the previous owner. When I explained that all Frontiers have alloys as standard he ran off... and they were an Auto Trail dealer.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back