Mobilvetta Euroyacht 180x LHD 1996 (1 Viewer)

terryandelaine

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Malton
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euro Yacht 180
Exp
Any opinions or advice about this motor home greatly appreciated. After months of searching this one is top of the list. Planning to tour UK initially and then into France and Spain early next year. First time we have bought a motor home so anxious to get it right. Planning to rent our house out and live in it for a year.Thanks!:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Its likely to have a very heavy body on it, Mobilvetta build good strong motorhomes but the consequence is weight. Payload is likely to be quite limited. If you're seriously interested in it get it on a weighbridge to establish exactly what it does weigh first.

D.

Upvote 0

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
if you give an idea of what your requirements are ie 2 /4/6 berth, garage etc you might be able to get a few other makes and models recommended as well . regards garry

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Don't know much about that particular van..but agree with Dave..

Check the payload of this and any other van you look at.. . you need plenty if using as a living van for a year.

Imagine living in your kitchen at home for a year with a mattress on the floor.. you get the idea.. too small and you end up with friction.. too large and it limits where you can go or what sites you can get on..

good luck with your search and take your time choosing.. try everything out, lie on the bed , sit in the loo, .. shut the hab door an imagine sitting in it on a wed day.. can you both lounge out.. is there enough kitchen space.. enough space for your hobbies.. enough storage space for all season clothing .. not just summer.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
terryandelaine

terryandelaine

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Malton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Its likely to have a very heavy body on it, Mobilvetta build good strong motorhomes but the consequence is weight. Payload is likely to be quite limited. If you're seriously interested in it get it on a weighbridge to establish exactly what it does weigh first.

D.

Looking for fixed bed or drop down bed. 4 berth so friends and family can join us, occassionally! Oven, fridge with freezer and shower not just wet room. We like the ones with a sofa down one side and no dinette. A garage would be nice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
a number of the models with the fixed bed are quite long and in some cases tag axled [2sets of wheels, one set behind the other].to allow for a usable payload, this usually means they have a gvw of over 3500kg,something to take into account if you [or any one who you let drive it ] have a restricted driving licence. if it will mostly be only the two of you, then perhaps consider a A class with a pull down bed and rear lounge which converts into a double bed anyway. this will keep you within weight limits and at about 6 meters in length [this might make the differnce of being able to park it at home/driveway etc] hope this helps and good luck in your search.
regards garry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
terryandelaine

terryandelaine

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Malton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks Gary, trying to find a Hymer or similair with drop down bed and end lounge in our price range, Maximum £12000. Not a lot of money for a motor home I know but could stretch a little further. Happy to refurb interior as have skills to do this if the engine and body work are in good order. Have to to travel long distances to view motor homes as there seem to be very few for sale in the Scarborough/York area.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
terryandelaine

terryandelaine

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Malton
Funster No
MH
Exp
No problem re driving licence and parking on driveway.

Upvote 0

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
no problem re my name mate , after 40 years in the motor trade i have been called a lot worse i can asure you ! it can be a slog finding the right van within a given budget as i know only too well. after a full year of looking i was all ready to go over to germany and bring one back after seeing a number of them on "mobile de" [type of german autotrader]. then i got a reply to a wanted add i had placed on " preloved " some time earlier. i had to travel to northampton [stll a lot closer than munich though!] and it was exactly what i wanted at the price i wanted to pay . i think you are doing the right thing in not dismissing lhd in your search by the way as well. the high driving position virtually eliminates the need of it having to be rhd and increases your choice significantly [especially in the early A classes ]. there is a awkward blindspot at some junctions if you are driving alone but i overcame this on mine by fitting a tiny internal camera in the passenger window and linked it to my reversing camera screen . works perfect at a cost of £9 inc delivery from china!! garry

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Gary, trying to find a Hymer or similair with drop down bed and end lounge in our price range, Maximum £12000. Not a lot of money for a motor home I know but could stretch a little further. Happy to refurb interior as have skills to do this if the engine and body work are in good order. Have to to travel long distances to view motor homes as there seem to be very few for sale in the Scarborough/York area.

within your price range, I suggest the older model Hymer b534 or S 550 ,

the S 550 is my prefered model as it has the merc engine and chassis with a double floor and a fibre class body

both 4 berth, with U shape end lounges and drop down over cab beds.

ebay is good place to search both models.

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
no problem re my name mate , after 40 years in the motor trade i have been called a lot worse i can asure you ! it can be a slog finding the right van within a given budget as i know only too well. after a full year of looking i was all ready to go over to germany and bring one back after seeing a number of them on "mobile de" [type of german autotrader]. then i got a reply to a wanted add i had placed on " preloved " some time earlier. i had to travel to northampton [stll a lot closer than munich though!] and it was exactly what i wanted at the price i wanted to pay . i think you are doing the right thing in not dismissing lhd in your search by the way as well. the high driving position virtually eliminates the need of it having to be rhd and increases your choice significantly [especially in the early A classes ]. there is a awkward blindspot at some junctions if you are driving alone but i overcame this on mine by fitting a tiny internal camera in the passenger window and linked it to my reversing camera screen . works perfect at a cost of £9 inc delivery from china!! garry

If you go for the Northampton one there is a good Habitation,chassis engineer based there if you need a pre purchase inspection, www.northantsmotorhomeservices.co.uk

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back