Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Right sorted that little tease, the silvercrest was telling porkies and had to be re-set to factory settings.

We are definitely on Astra 2 now we have moved a bit eastwards but although the signal is good enough for the freesat box it just falls short towork the Sky box.

Moving a tad further east tomorrow so watch this space

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Right sorted that little tease, the silvercrest was telling porkies and had to be re-set to factory settings.

We are definitely on Astra 2 now we have moved a bit eastwards but although the signal is good enough for the freesat box it just falls short towork the Sky box.

Moving a tad further east tomorrow so watch this space

Did it lock on automatically after reseting to factory defaults or are you still doing it manually ?

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I think it must be the receiver. I find I have tilt the dish down a bit from locking on Hotbird to move to Astra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks, still nothing here in the middle of Spain. Sent to date 5 emails to Mobilsat and 1 reply, so they must be busy!!!!!!1

John, still the same here ....Even though I was told I would receive some information that day..this is the message.. Quote.."Miriad have promised to come back to me today on this and you'll be the first to know"....dated..16 Oct (5 days ago) :Doh: :Doh: :Doh: :cry:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Lastest Update on Mobilsat

I guess this is now getting a bit boring but it may save someone some frustration

Today we have moved about 65 Km south and a tiddly bit east to a nice town, Castro Verde.

I can now manually tune my Mobilsat to Astra 2 with relative ease, simply set it to automatically find Astra 1, which it has never failed to do, change to manual and click it down 2/3 clicks and 2/3 clicks ANTICLOCKWISE which is at odds with the compass setting but trust me.

The first picture shows the signal with the freesat box connected but the second picture shows the signal to the Sky box which gives limited channels such as Discovery, Dave, Horse and country and a few more, deffo no BBC or ITV.

On Wednesday/Thursday we move down to Albuferia for several days where we got all the Sky channels last year with no problems-------watch this space

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I guess this is now getting a bit boring but it may save someone some frustration

Today we have moved about 65 Km south and a tiddly bit east to a nice town, Castro Verde.

I can now manually tune my Mobilsat to Astra 2 with relative ease, simply set it to automatically find Astra 1, which it has never failed to do, change to manual and click it down 2/3 clicks and 2/3 clicks ANTICLOCKWISE which is at odds with the compass setting but trust me.

The first picture shows the signal with the freesat box connected but the second picture shows the signal to the Sky box which gives limited channels such as Discovery, Dave, Horse and country and a few more, deffo no BBC or ITV.

On Wednesday/Thursday we move down to Albuferia for several days where we got all the Sky channels last year with no problems-------watch this space

Well thats good news thank you. At least we/I know it can be done that way for now. We will be in Portugal from 3 week in November.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Well done Alan, I'm sure we all appreciate all your research with the satellite TV. Enjoy Castro Verde we stayed there last year nice place shame about the slope on the camp site (if that's where you are), cracking price too. ::bigsmile:

Have you met anyone who can get more TV than you with, maybe a larger dish?

Are you off to Pedro's now, will be interested to hear how it is if you go there now that the famous Pedro has gone. :Sad:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Here is the latest info on the Mobilsat dish not locking onto / finding astra 2

It is what most of you are already doing ..

: Re: Mobilsat - Astra 2 update from Miriad

The latest that we have heard is that the transponder which sends the signal may be off until November.

We have carried out some tests and you can still watch Astra 2 and get all the channels by doing the following –

Have the TV and decoder on as you would do normally (when watching channels transmitted from Astra 2)

Select Astra 1 on the control panel and allow the dish to locate the satellite and lock on.

Once it has locked on put the control panel into manual search mode (details are in the user manual)

Using the right arrow (not the left as mentioned in the manual) turn the dish a few centimetres anti clockwise until Astra 2 is received (you will notice the TV starts receiving a signal).

This is obviously only a temporary fix but enables you to view Astra 2 until a full fix is known.

Can I advise that you ask your customers carry out the above procedure so they can still watch the required channels and contact us again in November by which time we will hopefully have been informed of how to reprogram the satellite dish controls/pcb.

I'm not sure why it didn't get to you first time, but it's all we have for now. As soon as there is more information I'll make sure you get it ASAP.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Here is the latest info on the Mobilsat dish not locking onto / finding astra 2
This info is from my dealer .

It is what most of you are doing already....in fact looking at information, they may have taken it for one of the forums

: Re: Mobilsat - Astra 2 update from Miriad

Hi Mel

You should have received this: (info below )

The latest that we have heard is that the transponder which sends the signal may be off until November.

We have carried out some tests and you can still watch Astra 2 and get all the channels by doing the following –

Have the TV and decoder on as you would do normally (when watching channels transmitted from Astra 2)

Select Astra 1 on the control panel and allow the dish to locate the satellite and lock on.

Once it has locked on put the control panel into manual search mode (details are in the user manual)

Using the right arrow (not the left as mentioned in the manual) turn the dish a few centimetres anti clockwise until Astra 2 is received (you will notice the TV starts receiving a signal).

This is obviously only a temporary fix but enables you to view Astra 2 until a full fix is known.

Can I advise that you ask your customers carry out the above procedure so they can still watch the required channels and contact us again in November by which time we will hopefully have been informed of how to reprogram the satellite dish controls/pcb.

I'm not sure why it didn't get to you first time, but it's all we have for now. As soon as there is more information I'll make sure you get it ASAP.

Best Regards

have you been lucky and found Astra 2 then following the above guide ?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Pfffffft we were yesterday at Castro Verde until the storm came in, I have tried and tried today but there aint no Astrta 2 in this area

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Just input new transponder settings in Neta sat dome , perfick :thumb: Got these from LCS website .

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Now at Parque de Gale near to Albuferia and easy to manually set Mobilsat dish on to Astra 2 with good signal on freesat box but for some reason still will not give good enough signal to fire the Sky box up, not even changing it to 12207

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I Have a trackvision and cannot reset myself so just had a guy do it for me.

He tried but failed on some channels with the settings given him on Oct 6th, rang the company and found that the settings had changed again, inputed these and it was fine.

The bad news he told me was that it will change again and the new satelites will be switched completly in January and.............. the footprint is being narrowed to a small part of France nearest to us and the UK, it appears they can do this with the latest technology installed for January switch over, he said it would take UK channels away from the whole of Europe no matter what size dish you have.

Dave

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Lots of news about the changes about to happen HERE

Last paragraph should interest auto sat owners.

So if this is all now doom & gloom where can you get any TV to watch while in S Europe?

I recall some years ago Arabsat being mentioned as an alternative entertainment source all be it mostly films with Arab subtitles. Anyone got any other suggestions?

I would still like to know if anyone with a 80 cm dish can get anything remotely interesting down there.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I Have a trackvision and cannot reset myself so just had a guy do it for me.

He tried but failed on some channels with the settings given him on Oct 6th, rang the company and found that the settings had changed again, inputed these and it was fine.

The bad news he told me was that it will change again and the new satelites will be switched completly in January and.............. the footprint is being narrowed to a small part of France nearest to us and the UK, it appears they can do this with the latest technology installed for January switch over, he said it would take UK channels away from the whole of Europe no matter what size dish you have.

Dave

We have the KVH dome, I spoke to Autosound on Monday and he informed me that there was no point in having the upgrade now but to wait 5 weeks when everything will be much clearer

I tried freeview on our new Avtex satellite tv, not expecting to get anything but I put in 42 for Sky news, then set the dome to find the satellite and it not only found sky news, but everything else as well!!!

Give it a try it might work for you!

Ginny

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We have the KVH dome, I spoke to Autosound on Monday and he informed me that there was no point in having the upgrade now but to wait 5 weeks when everything will be much clearer

I tried freeview on our new Avtex satellite tv, not expecting to get anything but I put in 42 for Sky news, then set the dome to find the satellite and it not only found sky news, but everything else as well!!!

Give it a try it might work for you!

Ginny
Yes at the NEC they advised it would be best left until January but this weekend we are parked where I will not get a Freeview signal, I know that as I was there last week, so I paid reasonable to have it done at the guy's premises but according to this guy lots of folks have had call outs to home so there will be a lot of pee'd off people when they have to pay again
Dave
who's wife cannot miss strictly

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Yes at the NEC they advised it would be best left until January but this weekend we are parked where I will not get a Freeview signal, I know that as I was there last week, so I paid reasonable to have it done at the guy's premises but according to this guy lots of folks have had call outs to home so there will be a lot of pee'd off people when they have to pay again
Dave
who's wife cannot miss strictly

Have you tried the sky news fix? we went for a run and if I set the dome to find the satellite without selecting sky news, we had nothing - selecting sky news first we had all the channels.

Ginny

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Have you tried the sky news fix? we went for a run and if I set the dome to find the satellite without selecting sky news, we had nothing - selecting sky news first we had all the channels.

Ginny

Yes trackvision told me that at the NEC, we were were not far from gatwick last weekend I got nothing after trying that trick a few times, yesterday Paul from Northants Motorhome Services recomended CNN as first one if I have difficulties.
Paul is really helpful if anyone lives within the area he does everything in fact he was servicing and changing the cambelt on an Autotrail yesterday at his workshops, has a fully fitted van and does does mobile as well

Dave

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Lots of news about the changes about to happen HERE

Last paragraph should interest auto sat owners.

So if this is all now doom & gloom where can you get any TV to watch while in S Europe?

I recall some years ago Arabsat being mentioned as an alternative entertainment source all be it mostly films with Arab subtitles. Anyone got any other suggestions?

I would still like to know if anyone with a 80 cm dish can get anything remotely interesting down there.

Keith

My Mobilsat squarish dish is rated at 80/85 cm and at the moment near to Albufeira I have just re-tuned the freesat bit of tele on Astra 2 and have most of 150 channels tuned in. What happens at the next location or when they next fiddle with the satellite is anyone's guess but we are down this end of the world until April/May time so we should find out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back