Free Member
Nov 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Chausson 757
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all got a question for you guys.

We are getting a mobile WiFi fitted to our motor home and trying to work out roughly how much data we would use over a month in the summer whilst away ( when we can get away) we are not full timers but would be away most weekends and during school breaks.

Have two nearly teenage daughters who do watch a lot of you tube gaming and they have phones. More than likely not used for work but will be down loading films and tv etc on fire sticks and smart tv.

So just trying to gage what others use before signing up for a SIM card contract

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
mblinko
Mifi is a word used to describe a small device which acts as portable router. you connect your tablet to it using WiFi. It has a SIM card in it and an aerial to connect to the phone networks. it also has a socket to connect a range extending aerial. from there to the sky gets a bit complicated insofar as whether it uses 3G, LTE, 4G or 5G As each is progressively faster I think. I have the motorhomewifi.com set up. It works OK but will depend on the sim deal you have as they will throttle speed or limit data to make it cheap.
Thanks, I know what a MIFI is/does as I used to help people on here with them, contracts, sims etc but appreciate the explanation as others may not realise. The confusion comes when people don't realise that MIFI and WIFI equipment aren't the same ... MIFI kit needs you to have your own sim to receive internet, where as WIFI kit just 'piggy backs' on to someone else's internet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back