Mobile phone contracts up for renewal .... advice please (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OMG ... the farce continues ... hubby has had an email saying they will 'repair or replace' one of the returned phones!!! o_O He's on to Tesco now - it turns out that they have only cancelled ONE of them despite all his conversations with them and assurances that they had cancelled BOTH!

More later ... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't worry, I'm not gonna bore you with the STILL ongoing farce with the original phone contract (hubby's) with Tesco ... suffice to say that a BIG complaint email is going in to them!

However, I'm NOT a happy bunny ... on my old phone I could use a smart compass app which was very useful and worked a treat so I've been trying to get it working on my new Moto E but it won't work ... apparently it doesn't have a magnet sensor so I can't use it! Grrrrrrr ....:cautious:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Its been a few years since I left telecoms but first things first, don't use a reseller. That includes Tesco and virgin. There are a multitude of reasons for that but mainly because your call or text or data is not the carriers priority. You will always be last.

Next, if you are going to use less than £10 per month then dint get a contract. It simply isn't worth it.

Lastly, if you stick to the same town get a phone with a good signal for that town. If you travel a lot, get on EE. The coverage across the country is decidedly better on average than any other network.

My wife is on Giff Gaff and they have been good with their CS but she often has problems with signals. I have stood next to her with my O2 phone with a good signal and she hasn't had a signal at all with GG (which uses the O2 network).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
My wife is on Giff Gaff and they have been good with their CS but she often has problems with signals. I have stood next to her with my O2 phone with a good signal and she hasn't had a signal at all with GG (which uses the O2 network).
I believe the main carrier (02) prioritise their own customers signal before those who piggyback the carrier (GiffGaff and Tesco) who get a lower powered signal.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have 3 sim only on a one month rolling contract.

The One Plan.

Totally Unlimited data, including tethering to all my other devices. (The new sim only plans still allow 4Gb tethering on "all you can eat data")
2000 min calls
5000 text
Additional 3 to 3 calls allowance of 5000 minutes
4G at no extra charge

As well as the brilliant "Feel at Home" which allows you to use your plan whilst roaming in loads of EU countries including France, Italy, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, and now Spain from April. Although 3 say you can't you can indeed tether to a tablet or iPad whilst roaming in feel at home countries.

All that for £15 a month. (y)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
one plan for me on 3 also at £15:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun