Mobile Phone Access to MotorhomeFun (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
H Funsters, we have been working on a text only version of motorhome fun and it is set to auto detect if you login with a mobile phone. When you get here, scroll down to the bottom left and login with your usual username and password. Then proceed to top left and click on the forum and you should be presented with a mobile phone friendly version of the site. I do not have mobile Internet where I live so I have not been able to test it as fully as i would have liked.

Of course it will never be as good as personal computer but when you are away it should make it viable for you to stay in contact with the site just by using your mobile phone. I suggest you have a go with your phone and see how it works. If anyone has any problems please get back to me. I have made a short video to show how it works. Thanks

Video <here>

AndyM

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
:thumb: Works great on my phone (Nokia E51), thanks!

Is there any way to see the full site on the phone if I want to? E.g., a way to get round the auto-detection.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Sorry Jim I really don't like this. There is no noticable increase in speed on my phone (Nokia E71) and the layout looks awful. Please please get rid of the auto function and give us a choice which version loads on our phones. :thumbdown::thanks:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ken, Sorry your having problems. The front page does not render well on a phone, but the forum page and posts seem to run very well. Did you go on to the forums page?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jim, no I didn't I took a look as I couldn't easily find what I wanted and binned it. think some may like it but it's not for me. I didn't like the dark side phone version either but at least I could choose. I think the "auto detect" is a mistake and it should be up to the individual which version is used.

Perhaps if your phone is 3.5 This makes a difference?

PS hope you see this as constructive critisism ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Did you see the video in post 1 of this thread? I mentioned I really need it tested as I do not have 3g where I live so I have not logged on with a mobile. So any points you make are constructive::bigsmile::thumb: I might be out in the civilised world later this week and i will log on with a windows mobile and see for myself, meanwhile any points you have keep them coming

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Jim. 3.5g or HSDPA if preferred is really fast perhaps that is why I don't see a difference in speed between the two versions. :thumb:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back